I want to improve my weight

I AM CJ

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 08:27 pm
I am 13, female, 140 lbs, 5'1", and I want to improve my weight. I have a trampoline which i jump on daily, but it just doesn't seem to do anything. What is the average weight for girls my age and how can I lose weight? I eat right and I don't snack but I still don't seem to lose weight. Can any one help me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,514 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 08:32 pm
What often happens to girls your age is that they suddenly get taller and not gain weight. Your body might be getting ready to mature and you will grow about 3-4 inches, your waist will slim out and your breasts and hips will go "pop". I think you should continue to eat healthy food (no junk, no soda} and keep active. If you still feel you are overweight this time next year, ask your family doctor or school nurse for a diet plan.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 04:24 am
If you want, mix up the cardio a bit, e. g. walk or play frisbee (or, gasp!) do housework or run, bike, etc. because just doing one form of exercise is, as you've seen, not too terribly effective over the long term. That also helps to prevent boredom so you're more likely to stick with things.

Dunno about weights; I'd hold off on them until you get a chance to talk to your doctor. They're probably okay but you should be sure. But cardio should be fine so long as you don't overdo it.
0 Replies