Man Beheaded on Canada Prairies Bus

cjhsa

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 07:42 pm
Of course I do.

I'm a good boy.

And no, I don't want to be a cop. Just showing that stabber any resistance at all might have saved the poor guy's life. Too bad the stabber will not get the death penalty. Good job, Canada.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 07:50 pm
Csai IMO you've made a good argument against concealed carry. It would work better if it was exposed carry. That way it would be apparent to everybody that you're heeled.

In my case, my heel would be a Remington 870 Express with pistol stock, extended mag, and rifle sights. That way could make the statement--- Don't f**k with me I got a 12 ga--loaded with crappie hooks followed by dimes. But then the Kevlar and ceramic armored trench coat and goalies helmet could also attract attention.

BTW finish the statement--A well armed society is a polite society.

There is a catch with this position, and like all catches it's a real doozie of a Catch 22---It can be carried to the extreme of promoting neighborhood thermonuclear parity---If everybody had a small thermonuclear device you'ld really have to get along with your neighbors.

Rap
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 07:55 pm
Open carry is actually legal in many states - perhaps most. It's just that most folks, and even cops and prosecutors, don't know it. Visit:

http://www.opencarry.org

An aquaintance of mine just led a rally in Hastings, MI to protest the sheriff's mishandling of an open carry issue. Good job, Skip.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 08:06 pm
lol, theres definitely a lack of fear right here..
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 08:08 pm
id carry an ar-15 with scope, laser and suppressor. do they come with folding stocks?

that or an m1 garand.

or a silenced micro-uzi. that'd be the shizzy.

the hk 416 is abdass too
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 08:43 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
id carry an ar-15 with scope, laser and suppressor. do they come with folding stocks?

that or an M1 garand.

or a silenced micro-uzi. that'd be the shizzy.

the hk 416 is abdass too

As far as keeping more lead in the air---nothing beats a 12ga loaded with double ought. An extended mag can hold seven and with one in the chamber, thats 8 shots, each with twelve 30 caliber lead balls. It can control a room better than any weapon known with little practice--so much though that in Nam each Marine fire team would have one pump 12 ga (usually a 1200).

The AR is OK, but in a small space the scope is another thing to get caught in loose clothing or those high backed seats on commercial busses. M-1 Garrands are great weapons, but the 30-06 is a really heavy round, capable of penetrating the block of a Crown Vic, however; the Garrands are only semi automatic. Personally, if I were to carry something that powerfully heavy it would be the BAR--the added benefit of a BAR it that is has been shown to be anti-aircraft effective.

The Uzi and the HK are possibly the second and first best assault weapons in the world, arguably equaled by the little used Ingram, but they take training to be useful effectively unless you're just using them for shock value. If that's what you want there is this one caveat--range time can be get expensive.

Now if I was to pick a weapon for concealed carry-I take a PPK. It's small (fits easily in the palm) and doesn't leave a big lump when concealed (unlike a Glock or a Beretta), not to heavy--is ambidextrous, easy to unload and load, loaded clips are light and small and the PPK is IMO literally point and shoot weapon---besides a PPK was Bond's as in "James Bond" choice so it's got a good pedigree for personal protection.

Rap
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 11:06 pm
i love bennelis.

somethin about pump action shotguns that just stops people in their tracks.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 12:03 am
With good reason.

The 870 express is, IMO, the best on the market for the money. And it comes in a wide variety of models Bennelli's are also good--but I inherited a Winchester Model 12 field grade with two matching ribbed barrels that is one of the finest shotguns I've ever used, much less owned. It cost $85 in 1933 (I got the bill of sale) and I couldn't count the number of whitetail, geese, turkey and pheasant it has harvested over the years. Before it became mine it belonged to my paternal grandfather, who gave it to my maternal grandfather with the understanding it was my gun when I became of age. Both were avid sportsmen and used it a lot before it was presented to me.

It snaps to the shoulder naturally nd is too nice to use for home protection---consequently I sleep with an 870 under my pillow, and the Model-12 in the safe.

I do have some custome reloads for the 870--the first two are loaded with rock salt, the next two with crappie hooks, and the final two with 13 dimes each---I took that from Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid. After the Kid kills Deputy Blue, he shoots Bob Hollinger with his own shotgun loaded with dimes--to the undertaker he says there's "A Buck thirty you can dig outa Bob."

Rap
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 02:17 am
i dont even know what rock salt does when its shot. does it work?

do the dimes work?
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 06:32 am
This story has hit me hard. I've taken that very bus many a time.

It is all anyone in my community can talk about lately. And with good reason.

All I can say at this time is that it has me still in a bit of shock. My heart goes out to the families.

I can't stop thinking about it either. Mostly, what those passengers now are going through and will continue to go through after this. Their lives will never be the same.

There were children on that bus.

This isn't a story. It's real people and it has shook people to the core. Of what is possible here - people have had a thick feeling of safety from such atrocities. There is a lot of shock community and province wide.

This conversation and questions and backlash from this will go on for a long time here. There's going to be a lot of changes. I know it.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 06:36 am
And for the record, I'd hardly consider that stretch of road "desolated". Laughing

That's a little over the top. As is much of the reporting.

As usual.

It's a stretch of highway in the Prairies. You call that desolate?

As for CJSHA, he's got his "out to lunch" sign up as usual. Rolling Eyes No clue.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 07:29 am
i dont understand why noone helped.

maybe im cut from a different cloth. i would have beat him to death with a backpack or something. was there noone behind him? did noone have an oppurtunity to grab that mofos throat from behind and snap his neck?

what happened to people nowdays? everyone is so submissive...

2 many lovers, not enough fighters.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 07:50 am
OGIONIK wrote:
criminals are more scared of guns than any of you can even comprehend.

Oh, are they different than other people?

If they are so afraid, why do they carry them?

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 08:02 am
well.. people dont give you their money for pulling out a banana.

Actually, they probably would nowdays...
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 08:12 am
Og, I wasn't there.

I imagine that people were shocked.

It is not every day you are riding a quaint, usually safe and quiet bus and a man turns on another with a big hunting knife and begins stabbing.

Fear is a powerful thing.

Not to mention, stepping in is not always the wisest thing to do.

You do not know the circumstances, and weren't there, neither was I. But having been on that bus and similar ones enough times , I think I have a pretty good idea of the situation in general on those rides.

There are not safety checks. People get on the bus - you can be carrying anything.

This hasn't been a big problem because people have very rarely gotten hurt or caused trouble. The biggest problems have been ones of petty drug trading, or punk kids on the bus.

This is a whole other level and not something these people on the bus were trained - or even acquainted - with dealing with. In general.

So it's always easy to say what people should do in these situations but you don't know.

This was all very traumatizing for these people. Never think of that?
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 08:23 am
someone still should have done something.

but yeah, i can see why they left. they didnt want to get hurt.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 08:28 am
lol. Well, you are entitled to your opinion right! Smile

But in my experience, you don't know what you'd do in a situation like this til you are in the thick of it.

Some wallflowers act like heros. Some usually assertive people become frozen in place. You just don't know til it is there in front of you.

All I know is, this is a damn tragedy and very scary. Very sad, and very scary.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 08:34 am
Rockhead wrote:
shooter, let's play a game.

You are packin', and 10 rows up in that bus.

You rouse from a nap to the sound of two men quarreling, and see them fighting over a big knife.

With all the other passengers screaming and scrambling, what is your next move?

Rock

let's play another game. In 1998, a small black cell begins to divide in someones lung in San Diego.... in 2004 a tumor is discovered in their lung at the Johns Hopkins clinic because they now reside in Baltimore. In 2008 they pass away after a long struggle.

If I had owned a gun while living in Raleigh.... this man would obviously be alive and healthy but I'm not 100% sure why. Please explain.

In 1999 in Covington Va. I had the opportunity to buy an AK-47 from some hick and passed. Now, in 2008.... the bald spot I had in 1999, the size of a quarter, is now the size of a pancake. My God, if only I'd owned that gun.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 08:44 am
mushypancakes wrote:
lol. Well, you are entitled to your opinion right! Smile

But in my experience, you don't know what you'd do in a situation like this til you are in the thick of it.

Some wallflowers act like heros. Some usually assertive people become frozen in place. You just don't know til it is there in front of you.

All I know is, this is a damn tragedy and very scary. Very sad, and very scary.

well, i known exactly what i would have done.

but who knows what would have happened.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 09:26 am
What? Snapped the guys neck, Og? Laughing
0 Replies