Man Beheaded on Canada Prairies Bus

cjhsa

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:03 am
Of course, nobody was armed so they just ran away from the crazed loon with the big, scary knife!

Bus Passenger Beheaded on Canada Prairies

By REUTERS
Published: July 31, 2008
Filed at 10:37 a.m. ET

WINNIPEG, Manitoba (Reuters) - A man sleeping on a Greyhound bus as it rolled across the Canadian Prairies was killed and decapitated by his seatmate on Wednesday night, other passengers who were on the bus told media on Thursday.

"All of a sudden, we all heard this scream, this bloodcurdling scream," said Garnet Caton, who was sitting just in front of the victim, in an interview with CBC Television.

"The attacker was standing up right over top of the guy with a large hunting knife -- a survival, Rambo knife -- holding the guy and continually stabbing him, stabbing him, stabbing him in the chest area," Caton said.

The attack continued as other passengers fled the bus and waited for police on a desolated stretch of the TransCanada Highway near Portage la Prairie, Manitoba, said Caton, who helped bar the bus door to prevent the attacker from leaving.

"He calmly walks up to the front (of the bus) with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us," Caton said.

"There was no rage in him ... It was just like he was a robot or something."

CBC reported the Royal Canadian Mounted Police took the attacker into custody, but the police have not yet commented.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,915 • Replies: 67
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:06 am
Yeah! Think of the carnage this guy could have created if he'd only had a gun!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:09 am
boomering - you're a sheeple.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:13 am
Don't you think that someone, anyone, who had bothered to arm themselves for their own protection, or even the bus driver, whose passengers are his responsibility, might have been able to stop the attack?

Instead, the sheeple just ran away and let the guy get beheaded!!

How messed up is that?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:15 am
shooter, let's play a game.

You are packin', and 10 rows up in that bus.

You rouse from a nap to the sound of two men quarreling, and see them fighting over a big knife.

With all the other passengers screaming and scrambling, what is your next move?

Rock
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:18 am
Drop the knife or you're a dead man.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:21 am
from ten rows up, with screaming old ladies and scrambling kids in between?

They just keep fighting...

Now what?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 09:22 am
You don't just give up.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 11:57 am
Every bus has a fire extinguisher. The driver should have at least attempted to save his passenger. This is chicken **** of the first degree. The bus driver should be fired. But, since it's Canada, they'll probably give him a medal for capturing the killer. Maybe it will have a little head on it.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 04:15 pm
As is the style of cjhsa..... he makes the story about Canada rather than about the victim. Anything for the opportunity to smear something or somebody huh.

Talk is cheap.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 04:50 pm
Talk may be cheap, but I'll bet you would want cj on that bus if it were you being attacked.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7634/forum2f455681twocentssmuo5.jpg
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 04:54 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Talk may be cheap, but I'll bet you would want cj on that bus if it were you being attacked.

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7634/forum2f455681twocentssmuo5.jpg

I would rather deal with the attacker! cj might shoot everybody.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 05:25 pm
Intrepid wrote:

I suspect he's a pretty good shot. :wink:
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 05:31 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

I suspect he's a pretty good shot. :wink:

So am I, but I wouldn't be shooting in a crowded bus! Besides, I wasn't necessarily remarking about his shooting ability. I was referring to his emotional state.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 05:41 pm
The people escaped and barred the door, technically they didnt run. Would an armed douche bag like cj sitting with a gun be able to keep from hitting kids and old farts? cj is all vines and no taters
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 06:23 pm
cjhsa wrote:
You don't just give up.

Well, here is the video where the guy who was sitting in the seat in front of the killer explains what happened.

Let's say you would have been in his position, and armed. How would you have saved the victim?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 06:29 pm
The video I see is about dfolks in Beijing offering rooms to visitors of the Olympics
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2008 06:36 pm
Confused

Well, this should be the link to the article. In the 'video' section, there are three videos. One of them is the guy who was sitting in front of the killer, Garnet Caton, describing the event.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 11:16 am
On the news report I heard on this last night it said...

After barricading the doors, the passengers saw the man hold up the victim's head that he allegedly decapitated.

I love the use of allegedly - I know they have to use it as the killer has not been determined guilty but come on - who else could have decpaitated the guy or perhaps the head fell off by itself.

<yes I am sick that this is what I pondered over>
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 11:19 am
well , Canadians also operate under the presumption of innocence.
0 Replies