George

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 02:00 pm
Don't know what to say, man. Hang in.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 02:04 pm
Things come in three's, right? So, she'll get these three things fixed and be back to us next week. Just like her to be so effecient.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 02:06 pm
Yes indeed, thank you for the updates. I can't wait until they are good news though!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 02:28 pm
Thanks for the update.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 03:00 pm
Thank you so much for letting us know what is happening.

I keep checking for word here every time I'm on-line.

Noddy, Noddy, Noddy.
I miss you.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 03:12 pm
Sorry to hear about the intestine and the change in status. Scary stuff. Hoping for a good outcome to all of this.

Aaargh!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 03:13 pm
As with all of the people who posted before _ I send my thanks to O'Mac for keeping us in the loop. It's a great thing that he do that for us. And of course I'm "Oh no!"ing with the rest of you. So, no surgical tools were inside her lower abdomen, I take it? Her gut is leaking on its own?

Noddy's body's naughty.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 03:18 pm
OH NO! Noddy - we miss you. Sending all the healing thoughts we can. Please get better soon. All our love to you.

Thanks omac - you keep strong love - we're thinking of you and yours too and Mr Noddy. Take care - x
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 03:19 pm
TY for the update from me, as well.

Omming away, and keeping her in our prayers.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 03:50 pm
Thank you, omacneil, for keeping us updated on your mother's status. It's very kind of you to think of us in the midst of your own worries.

jes mentioned yesterday that today is a new moon. I know nothing of Wiccan rituals but I do know that they coincide with the phases of the moon and that noddy is a practicing Wiccan.

Noddy24 wrote:
...I am--and have been for fifty years--a practicing Wiccan.

I did a bit of research on the significance of the new moon and how to celebrate it's arrival.

Quote:
In early societies, the reappearance of the moon was often a cause for celebration -- after all, it meant that the dark had passed, and the full moon was on its way back. The Carmina Gadelica offers some beautiful prayers for the night of the New Moon. They're Christian in the original context, but can be adapted nicely for a Pagan ceremony. The following rite is one which welcomes the moon back at the beginning of her cycle. If you're raising children in a Pagan or Wiccan tradition, this can be a lot of fun. It's also a simple ritual that can be performed by a solitary practitioner. source

In the spirit of the hope that the dark has passed with today's discovery and subsequent surgery I will light a candle of hope on noddy's behalf during tonight's new moon.

Get Well Soon, noddy. Get Well Soon
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 04:05 pm
JPB, thanks for the tutorial!
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 04:05 pm
Thank you for the update omacneil. Like everyone here I will continue to think positive thoughts for Noddy. Get well soon!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 04:37 pm
Thank you, D___. Call whenever it's convenient.

Our love is flying there, faster than the speed of light. We howl at dusk.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 04:59 pm
Holding on to own dominion. Holding Noddy's with the help of all of A2K.

Get better soon, Noddy. We love you.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 06:50 pm
What Soz said.

Waiting anxiously.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 09:32 pm
Lookin' at the moon, and just feelin'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=937A1ELVyUs
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2008 09:36 pm
Ooooming, howling, and lighting candles here. Thanks for keeping us posted.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 01:09 am
Still peeking in to see how things are going and wishing Noddy the best wishes in getting better soon!

Noddy's son,

If I had to choose between the cardiac cath or a port causing the pneumothorax, I'd go with the port. If it was placed in her chest in surgery it's a known risk. The catheters and wires used for the cath don't go near the lungs.
Just thought you'd want that info.

Was the port placed recently, if you don't mind me asking? If it's TMI we all understand. And please tell Noddy we're all thinking about her.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 02:21 am
Downunder howling for Noddy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yZGUzKmGO5w&feature=related
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 09:46 am
I have an email from D___ (0macneil).

It's from 8:30 this morning.

Quote:
My mom had unscheduled surgery last night, She made it through the surgery, but is in ICU and things are a bit chancy right now.

He said it would be all right to pass along this information. He will also try to call me today but he and I keep missing each other and of course he's extremely busy.

So now -- folks -- howl if you want to howl, pray if you want to pray, om if you want to om, light a candle if you want to. In short, let's get that A2K energy moving in the direction of the Poconos. Let's pass our power along to Noddy, who needs it the most. Let's let our love fly to Pennsylvania.
0 Replies