Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 02:00 am
All the best!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 03:06 am
Hey Omacneil - hope your Mom is improving and resting in her room with a view with some "trashy" novels and some peace and quiet admidst nurses/docs visits.

Please let her know I sat by the river staring at the moon last nite, which was shining so brightly, and was thinking of her. Wishing her lots of love and heal quickly thoughts.

Iz x
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 03:24 am
best wishes for a lady i respect greatly
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 04:28 am
Oh man. Best wishes for the speediest of recoveries.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 05:47 am
I am wishing you well too Noddy. Sending thoughts and prayers your way..
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 06:54 am
I'm glad she's getting the care she needs. A quiet room with a view and a few days of wonderful rest should do her a world of good.

We're all pulling for her to mend quickly.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 07:14 am
So sorry to hear this news. Sending best wishes for a speedy recovery to Noddy.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 07:19 am
Re: Noddy Hospital Status
Waidaminute, I didn't quite catch this the first time around:

omacneil wrote:
She's added a cardiologist to her stable of doctors.

I thought I pretty much knew what was up (osso's summary was good) but does this mean she's having heart issues as well?

(Thanks again for keeping us updated omacneil, much appreciated.)
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 07:38 am
So glad that Noddy has a room of her own. She needs and deserves the peace and quiet.

Hang in there, gal. We love you!
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 07:47 am
Wishing a speedy, comfortable recovery to Noddy. Hoping Mr. Noddy and the rest of the clan can manage their own dominions for a while....

Also, I hope that after that wait she got ahold of someone's dominion, squeezed, twisted, and shook it vigorously.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 07:49 am
boomerang wrote:
A quiet room with a view and a few days of wonderful rest should do her a world of good.

Have you ever been admitted to the hospital? The amazing thing is that anyone gets better there....
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 08:04 am
DrewDad wrote:
Have you ever been admitted to the hospital? The amazing thing is that anyone gets better there....

Well, the alternative had been really rough on her lately.

DrewDad wrote:
Also, I hope that after that wait she got ahold of someone's dominion, squeezed, twisted, and shook it vigorously.

Laughing
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 08:11 am
Noddy's son, Thanks for letting us know about Noddy's status. Give her my love, please.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 24 Jul, 2008 08:50 am
Noddy
In the style of Dys, I also never liked Noddy.

Glad to hear they are working on her potassium level and leg swelling. Important for protecting her heart.

BBB <<<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Noddy
0 Replies

omacneil

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 06:57 pm
Noddy status 07/25/2008
Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.

By enduring treatments illegal and immoral to use on captured enemy solders, Noddy has reduced her Edema by half.

Yes, her heart is now officially an ailment. After today's cardiac catheterization [1], the official word is that she had a myocardial infarction [2] about 3 weeks ago. She is expected to heal within 2-3 months.

[1] http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4491
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myocardial_infarction

The most creditable hypothesis is that her edema is related to the Crohn's disease not the heart problem.

If all goes as planned. Noddy will be discharged to a rehab home on Monday to recover from the hospital.

The intake worker asked me if Noddy had a favorite funeral home. A brief, brisk period of counter questioning followed. The intake worker denied secret high rank in the medical industrial complex and any inside knowledge of Noddy's condition. The conversation ended with a grudging consensus that while part of the rehab home intake routine, the question was at best premature and at worst in poor taste.

It is not clear if the place has wireless internet access or if the staff is willing to accept help in getting that setup. Apparently most of Noddy's generation is not yet online.

While at the moment, his own health is (relative to what it often is) quite good, Mr. Noddy is also enjoying the rest.

I will post status again on Monday evening or when there is something significant or entertaining to report, whichever comes first. This is a prediction, not a promise.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:01 pm
Our thanks to you.

Joe(((((our thoughts with Noddy)))))))))Nation
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:06 pm
Thank you for the update, omacneil.

I'm glad to hear that Noddy will be getting some officially sanctioned care. She's been so tired.

The chestnut she gave me at our first meeting is staying by the computer.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:10 pm
Dear sweet Noddy, please get well soon.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:12 pm
Oh, it's so good to hear the sense of humor (proportion, perspective, wit) in the second generation.

Thank you for reporting in.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:23 pm
Thank you, omacneil. I'm sure this is hard on you as well. Be sure to take care of yourself while tending your parents.

I'm sure your "brief, brisk period of counter questioning" would make Noddy proud. I can picture it perfectly.

Hugs to all of you. Crossing fingers for a caretaker on Monday with a laptop.
0 Replies