margo

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 07:54 pm
Checking in and fingers crossed.

(must be Oz hour in the postings! Sunny Sunday morning) Cool
0 Replies

MagicBlackCat

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 02:53 am
Noddy...I am thinking of you. Hold your dominion. (((NODDY)))
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 06:02 am
Hope the news of your recovery gets better with each day. Theres gonna be a time when youre gonna have to start walking and getting exercise and controlling your fluid retention with diet , and exercise.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 10:23 am
I keep checking in..... waiting for good news. Thinking of you, Noddy.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 10:38 am
joe(holding)nation
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 11:04 am
Noddy is going to be fine. I sense it.

Hey, gal, you are the yin to my yang, and it is indeed a pleasure to be confused with you. As Eva observed...

Letty: Old Dominion
Noddy: Hold Dominion.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 04:59 pm
D___ (son of Noddy),

I have her home address. Do you mind if I share it with people privately?

Is there anything I can send, to you or to her? I'll send you an email, too.
0 Replies

omacneil

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 02:01 pm
Noddy hospital contact info
Until at least Thursday, Noddy can be reached:

Noddy c/o Janie Pierson
Room 436D
Pocono Medical Center
206 East Brown St
East Stroudsburg PA 18301

Yesterday, an alert nurse noticed that Noddy had a collapsed lung. While she is much better breathing with two lungs, the hole in her side will not be healed until Thursday or Friday at best.

Yes, I do believe littlek, that we shook hands at an a2k meetup a while back. I remember you, jespah, her SO and the gentleman who gave us a ride home. (but not his name)

I think it would be fine for you (jespah) to share Noddy's permanent snailmail address as you feel appropriate.

When I talk to Noddy tonight, I'll ask about wider distribution.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 02:07 pm
Thank you, Omacneil.

As Noddy would say, if it isn't one thing, it's another. Thank you to the alert nurse!

And love to Noddy..
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 02:17 pm
What osso said ...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 02:21 pm
Throwing in an oy and a wish for a speedy recovery.

Hey Noddy, Get well.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 02:23 pm
Just checked the website of the medical center and found these instructions for anyone planning to send anything.

http://www.poconohealthsystem.org/content.cfm?id=98

Quote:
Our mailing address is: 206 East Brown Street, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301. To send mail to a patient, please mark "Patient" after the person's name, allowing us to sort the mail and quickly make the delivery. Please note, we may not be able to make a delivery to a patient in time if they are admitted to the hospital for only a short time. If you know a floor and room number, please add it, but it is not necessary.

If you'd like to send a gift or flowers by personal delivery, ask for delivery to the front desk of the Main Entrance "A" of PMC building at 206 East Brown Street.

http://www.poconohealthsystem.org/content.cfm?id=99

Quote:
The Gift Shop will be closing as of December 31st. It will replaced by a coffee kiosk in the lobby.

Hours of operation for the kiosk will be 8:00 AM - 7:15 PM Monday - Friday and 11:00 Am - 5:00 PM Saturday & Sunday

Service will be limited to Starbucks coffee, tea, bagels, pastries, candy & snacks, greeting cards, newspapers & magazines. A very limited supply of small gifts will also be available.

An ATM is located on the first floor of Pocono Medical Center.

http://www.poconohealthsystem.org/content.cfm?id=97

Quote:
In general, Pocono Medical Center's visiting hours are from 11:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. However, many departments have more specific times and guidelines for visiting hours. Refer to the list below to learn about special visiting hours by each department.

How to Dial a Patient's Room

Each of the patient rooms has a direct extension telephone number. To contact a patient using the four-digit telephone extension number, contact the main switchboard at 570-421-4000 and select #3 after the answering system connects and you hear the message. Then input the four-digit extension number to call the room directly.

If you don't know the four-digit extension number, you can obtain it by calling the Patient Room and Information line at 570-476-3367 from 9:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. The volunteer operators at this desk will provide the extension telephone number for you to use in the future, and will connect you to the room. At other times, you can call the main switchboard for a room extension number.

In order for our patients to get the rest they need, patient telephones are turned off at night in Maternity and Pediatrics beginning at 9:00 p.m. and at 10:00 pm on all other floors. Telephone service resumes again at 8:00 a.m.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 02:23 pm
Thanks for the update, omacneil.

Hugs to Miss Noddy.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 02:32 pm
Found this florist in the area if anyone's interested.

http://www.floristone.com/pennsylvania-pennsylvania/east-stroudsburg/pocono-medical-center-flowers-8912.htm
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 04:18 pm
Thanks, Mac. How long do they figure she had a collapsed lung? Why would her lung collapse?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 04:20 pm
Thanku Mac - do send her all our love and healing thoughts. Take care of yourselves too. x
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 04:20 pm
Re: Noddy hospital contact info
omacneil wrote:

Yes, I do believe littlek, that we shook hands at an a2k meetup a while back. I remember you, jespah, her SO and the gentleman who gave us a ride home. (but not his name)

Jespah's SO is Region Philbus here on a2k. And the someone who gave us a ride was our George.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 05:08 pm
Re: Noddy hospital contact info
omacneil wrote:
Until at least Thursday, Noddy can be reached:

Noddy c/o Janie Pierson
Room 436D
Pocono Medical Center
206 East Brown St
East Stroudsburg PA 18301

Yesterday, an alert nurse noticed that Noddy had a collapsed lung. While she is much better breathing with two lungs, the hole in her side will not be healed until Thursday or Friday at best.

I think it would be fine for you (jespah) to share Noddy's permanent snailmail address as you feel appropriate.

When I talk to Noddy tonight, I'll ask about wider distribution.

Thanks, D; you're a mensch. You take care of yourself, too.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 05:27 pm
Collapsed lung? Cripes!

My dear Noddy... Please get better soon.

A little herbal tea without the straightjacket, perhaps?

Gentle hugs.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 28 Jul, 2008 06:18 pm
More gentle hugs.

Get well soon, noddy.
0 Replies