littlek

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:40 pm
I can picture it too (having met you both - I think). I also noted your resilient sense of humor and tenacity - very much like your mother's.

Well wishes to Noddy goes without saying.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:44 pm
omac... please be sure to tell noddy we are omming for her speedy recovery in the Pad household downunder.

OOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM

Quote:
It is not clear if the place has wireless internet access or if the staff is willing to accept help in getting that setup. Apparently most of Noddy's generation is not yet online.

If anyonbe can effect change in that regard it would be the nodster.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 07:59 pm
Thanks so much, omacneil.

I'm very glad that a) Noddy made the decision to go to the hospital, b) she's getting the treatment she needs, and c) she will continue to get care once she's discharged -- even if the carers are a bit tactless at times (glad you gave 'em whatfor).

Hope the internet thing works out, we miss her.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 08:09 pm
Re: Noddy status 07/25/2008
omacneil wrote:
Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.

By enduring treatments illegal and immoral to use on captured enemy solders, Noddy has reduced her Edema by half.

Yes, her heart is now officially an ailment. After today's cardiac catheterization [1], the official word is that she had a myocardial infarction [2] about 3 weeks ago. She is expected to heal within 2-3 months.

[1] http://www.americanheart.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=4491
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myocardial_infarction

The most creditable hypothesis is that her edema is related to the Crohn’s disease not the heart problem.

If all goes as planned. Noddy will be discharged to a rehab home on Monday to recover from the hospital.

The intake worker asked me if Noddy had a favorite funeral home. A brief, brisk period of counter questioning followed. The intake worker denied secret high rank in the medical industrial complex and any inside knowledge of Noddy's condition. The conversation ended with a grudging consensus that while part of the rehab home intake routine, the question was at best premature and at worst in poor taste.

It is not clear if the place has wireless internet access or if the staff is willing to accept help in getting that setup. Apparently most of Noddy's generation is not yet online.

While at the moment, his own health is (relative to what it often is) quite good, Mr. Noddy is also enjoying the rest.

I will post status again on Monday evening or when there is something significant or entertaining to report, whichever comes first. This is a prediction, not a promise.

Noddy had an MI?

Nobody noticed?

Well, I am glad it seems to be ok. Dammit, though, that it wasn't picked up earlier!!!!

Thank heavens for a rehab home, not a home home!

Does the rehab home consider that folk might be computer literate?????

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Noddy and son-of Noddy!)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 08:39 pm
RE MI wiki says:

Quote:
Women may experience fewer typical symptoms than men, most commonly shortness of breath, weakness, a feeling of indigestion, and fatigue.[1] Approximately one quarter of all myocardial infarctions are silent, without chest pain or other symptoms.

But still. Stoicism is all well and good up to a certain point. I'm glad she's gotten that documented and that she's having it addressed.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 08:41 pm
(Don't infarcts show on ekgs? grumble.. they used to be routine in my day, I was the one that did them in the doctor's office back when I was 21 or so, but that was before all this measured medical care.)

OMacNeil, if you think of anything Noddy might enjoy from us, let us know.
I'm not up on which of her favorite writers' books she's already read, so probably no on that. Crossword puzzles? Not positive she has been doing them, but if she has, she probably picks the hardest. Know she likes savory food, but that might be strange to mail.

Would a shower of cards be okay?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 08:45 pm
I have a bag full of old Larry Niven scifi novels. I'd be happy to send some.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 08:46 pm
Oooooommmmming in Houston too. Thanks for the report!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 09:05 pm
Thanks for the update, omacneil.

Get well soon, noddy. We miss you!

http://www.mojoko.com/tutorial/candle/candle.jpg
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 03:50 am
Hey Son-of-Noddy

Oh - you are a chip off the 'ole block! Very Happy

Thanku for letting us know about your Mom and Dad - so sorry Noddy is going through this but just really glad that her struggles have now been recognised (ppppppppfpfftfttf they didn't catch it sooner!) - but - moving forward - now she will be able to receive treatment and hopefully have a speedy recovery, as well as a little rest whilst being looked after.

It would be great if we could send cards - not sure if you could put an address on the web - or maybe let the administrators know... just a thought if you can - would love to be able to send Noddy a little something.

So pleased you had counter questions firing - next time - let us know - there will be an army of A2Kers standing beside you to send out a collective "don't even consider saying that again" look to the intake worker!!!! (piffle and poppycock pppppfptpstsstsffft!)

Much love to Mr and Mrs Noddy (xox) - and best wishes to you omacneil - look forward to your update when you are able. Take care.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 04:29 am
omacneil,
thanx for keeping us in the loop.

hoping for the Speediest of Recoveries.
(ooooooommmmmmmmming, Bahstin style...)
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 04:59 am
Noddy, thinking about you, meditating about you, chanting about you and please know that you are one of my most favorite people on A2K.

love Seaglass
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 05:45 am
Remembering the kindness and understanding Noddy showed to me when I was last hospitalized. I'd like to return the favor, but I don't have Noddy's gift with words.

I want her to know that I'm thinking of her and hoping for the best.

GET WELL, KIDDO.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 07:28 am
As Noddy would say -- sometimes it's just one damn thing after another.

As Noddy would say -- getting older isn't for sissies.

I'm glad everything is getting diagnosed and treated and I'm hoping her health and vigor are quickly restored.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 07:37 am
first time seeing this thread.

wishes for wellness going out.
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 12:43 pm
Noddy you are always full of wisdom, knowledge and strength for us and we are doing that for you. Sending healing thoughts to you dear Noddy.

My birthday today and my wish is to make you well. Am on holiday for a while will check in soon. Take care and lots of love

Hold your dominion X
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 04:12 pm
My very best wishes, Noddy. Get well soon!
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 05:05 pm
Echoing everyone else here. (((Noddy)))
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 06:51 pm
Just logged into A2K for a quick update on the site & I discover this! Surprised Sad

My warmest wishes to you, Noddy. Fingers crossed that you'll be your old self again before too long. You hold your dominion & we'll hold ours!

omacneil, Noddy has been extremely kind to many of us here, including me, supporting & encouraging us through our various "troubles". That's why I named a rose bush I planted in my front garden after her. Very Happy
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 06:56 pm
Still thinking of you Noddy and sending you vibes for a speedy recovery.
0 Replies