jespah

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 07:52 pm
So say all of us.

I still have no news, but the other day D__ wrote at midnight so that's not necessarily meaningful one way or the other.

In the meantime, I'm off to bed.

I can hold hands in my sleep.

http://davidzinger.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/twins-holding-hands.jpg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:45 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Remember how, in the days of our youth, (our salad days when were were green in judgement) the wish for a Happy, Healthy New Year seemed to be a relic of the Dark Ages before modern medicine?

I'm wiser now. Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all. May we all meet here on 1/1/09.

We're holding you to it, Noddy!!!
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:52 pm
Sending love to Noddy and her family and to all you lovely people too.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 08:54 pm
Here...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 09:04 pm
Hoping and waiting ...
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 09:45 pm
Noddy is strong, and even if she leaves us, it won't be because she is weak. It's strange, but I was looking through some of my poetry books the other day and I found this poem by Charles Bukowski (my favorite) and it occurs to me now that it may hold some relevance.

Quote:

"a song with no end"
by Charles Bukowski

when Whitman wrote, "I sing the body electric"

I know what he
meant
I know what he
wanted:

to be completely alive every moment
in spite of the inevitable.

we can't cheat death but we can make it
work so hard
that when it does take
us

it will have known a victory as
perfect as
ours.

Noddy, continues to fight while we find our own hearts struggling to make the next beat. This is the stage of life.

You can't beat nature Noddy, but you can fight like hell. Maybe, just maybe, now isn't your time. Give em hell, the stage is yours, and we're all rooting for you! I won't say goodbye until you do.

The body electric.
K
O
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 09:51 pm
I've been agreeing with TKO's posts.

Am out of words myself.

Just here.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 10:00 pm
Here, too.

Checking in before bed.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 10:02 pm
Nicely put, TKO.

Still holding hope alive here.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 10:42 pm
Same here. G'night, all. Hang in there, Noddy.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 11:06 pm
Just checking in before retiring for the night. It is with a very heavy heart that I will drift off to sleep.

Thoughts and prayers of comfort with whatever is to be.

I, for one, looked in on every thread that Noddy posted on with her wit, wisdom, love and openness.

Hold your dominion, Noddy
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 11:20 pm
checking
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 11:57 pm
here..
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 11:58 pm
holding your hand Jo...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 12:09 am
And me, yours, Iz, well, all of us.

I think of us as company for a very loved person, that I love too, dealing alone, alone even with her loved people around, true for the fortunate of us all and not for many, probably not most on this earth. And maybe she has dealt, or this will pass. We don't know at this hour how the tide will turn, or has.

So, love, for the journey.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 12:45 am
Just home from work & checking in.

No news.
I can understand all sorts of reasons why.
It is almost a relief to hear nothing of some possibly devastating developments.

But one thing I know for certain: Whatever is happening now, Noddy would have anticipated it. She would have anticipated all possibilities & applied her wisdom in her advice to her loved ones. And I'm absolutely certain that she would have been as wise & as compassionate in that advice as she always was here, for us.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 01:11 am
lighting the way forward...

hoping you are resting

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Someone20special20comfort20to20go20.jpg

hoping

I'm going to arooo for you right now...
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 01:15 am
On my infrequent sign-ins, I've always read Noddy's posts, even back to the days of Abuzz, and one thread I've come back to and back to these past few months is the "Mental Decline" thread, a thread that has been close to my heart. That thread has led to this one.

I'm keeping positive thoughts that Noddy may still pull through and be able to resume her life, despite the odds, but most of all, I'm wishing her peace. Peace. Whatever the outcome.

Keeping good thoughts, too, for Mr. Noddy, Noddy's son, as well as the rest of the family. I'm glad she has a living will.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 01:26 am
Deist TKO, "a song with no end" is the personification of Noddy. She will never leave us no matter where she is. Her dominion has become a part of us all.

http://www.moonspells.org/assets/images/moonspells.jpg
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 03:01 am
In my thoughts today..

Joe(to be completely alive every moment)Nation
0 Replies