"The dark knight" heath = awesome and not because he's dead.

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:40 am
I just saw the movie yesterday.
it was much longer than it should have been, but still this **** was epic.
I am not the kind of cheeseball that makes stupid noises in movie theaters but this movie had me ooohhhing like a small child on christmas and you wanna know what caused me to act like that.

it wasnt the most awesomest batmobile ever,
it wasnt christian bale owning that role....

IT WAS HEATH, I was floored by his performance. dead or alive, he was fukin incredible in this movie, in fact, he was the most incnredible part of this movie........."wanna see this pencil disappear"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 751 • Replies: 10
No top replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 03:38 pm
I saw the movie today.

Heath Ledger gave a very clever performance. Instead of scaring me, his bold acting made me laugh. He did a great job.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 03:42 pm
it seems convenient cuz he's passed away but I was really blown away by his performance.....he was easily the most entertaining thing about that movie........

"WANNA SEE THIS PENCIL DISAPPEAR?" Laughing
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 03:43 pm
OH I ALREADY QUOTED THAT IN THE INITIAL POST..............
PHUCK IT!!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 03:44 pm
The pencil scene was great. He did that very swiftly. Not only I laughed but the audience I was with enjoyed it.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 12:06 pm
yep, Heath was great, for sure. I liked Nicholson's Joker, he was very entertaining, but Heath's version was genuinely frightening and creepy...brr!

The only thing I didn't like about this movie was the Batman-trademark-growl-voice-- I thought that was totally overdone. It was distracting and irritating me in every scene where Bale-as-Batman spoke. Anybody else bugged by that?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 12:13 pm
I merely thought that that is the way Batman disguises his voice. Actually Batman had little dialog (mostly action). Christian Bale seemed like he had less to do in this film (he had more screen time in "Batman Begins"). The other characters had more drama to play out than Batman/Bruce Wayne.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 12:22 pm
By the way, I enjoyed seeing all the Chicago sights filmed in the movie. Heath Ledger spent a few months in Chicago last year filming. Below he is standing on LaSalle Street in downtown Chicago.

http://imacynic.personal.asu.edu/resized/sweethomechicago144copy.jpg
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 12:29 pm
cyphercat wrote:
yep, Heath was great, for sure. I liked Nicholson's Joker, he was very entertaining, but Heath's version was genuinely frightening and creepy...brr!

The only thing I didn't like about this movie was the Batman-trademark-growl-voice-- I thought that was totally overdone. It was distracting and irritating me in every scene where Bale-as-Batman spoke. Anybody else bugged by that?

this also bothered me and the fighting scenes were stiff.
In fact I was displeased with Bale in this one, in batman begins he was much better.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 06:26 pm
At times it seemed like Heath Ledger was acting out the Alex character from "A Clockwork Orange" while using the speech mannerisms of Stuart Smalley from "Saturday Night Live".
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 08:54 pm
wandeljw wrote:
At times it seemed like Heath Ledger was acting out the Alex character from "A Clockwork Orange" while using the speech mannerisms of Stuart Smalley from "Saturday Night Live".

Ha! I thought of Stuart Smalley too Laughing

jasonrest wrote:
In fact I was displeased with Bale in this one, in batman begins he was much better.

I agree-- I like Bale & he's a good actor, but he just seemed a touch...off at times. I didn't feel that way about him in Batman Begins-- and he was good in his Bruce Wayne scenes-- I just think he went too far with the growl thing!
0 Replies