Getting Back Into It - Fitness / Weightloss

Dartboy

Sun 20 Jul, 2008 04:40 am
Hey,

I've just recovered from a ankle injury and want to get my fitness back up and lose the extra fat I put on.

I've got a fair idea of what I want to do and how I'm going to do it but wanted to run it past you guys to see what you guys think and if you have any extra tips or hints that you would like to give me.

This is my plan, all based around the gym.

Monday:

Treadmill:
5 minutes of walking
40 minutes or jogging/running
Weights - Arms, Chest, Legs,Abs
Bike:
10 minute

Tuesday:

Rugby Training.
Treadmill:
5 minutes of walking
20 minutes or jogging/running
Bike:
20 Minute

Wednesday:

Treadmill:
5 minutes of walking
40 minutes or jogging/running
Weights - Arms, Chest, Legs,Abs
Bike:
10 minute

Thursday:

Rugby Training.
Treadmill:
5 minutes of walking
Bike:
20 Minute

Friday:

Treadmill:
5 minutes of walking
Bike:
20 minutes
Very Light Weights

Saturday:

Rugby Game.

Sunday:

Rest Day.

Eating:

Try to cut out all fizzy drinks/candy and stick to 3 meals a day with no snacks in between.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,861 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

mismi

Sun 20 Jul, 2008 05:20 am
You'd do better to go to 5 or 6 small meals a day. Whole grain carb with a small serving of low fat protein. Keeps your energy up - so that your insuline levels won't dip. Also keeps your metabolism up.

Problem with the above for me is eating 5 or 6 times a day is difficult. Unless you drink Myoplex shakes in between the three meals as a snack - or something like it.

Anyway...it works better for me when I am trying to lose weight.
0 Replies

Izzie

Sun 20 Jul, 2008 06:48 am
Hey DartBoy

Good to see you again. Glad the ankle finally healed - who would have thought that you would be coming back so strong from 4 months ago! Good for you. Are you going to strap the ankle as a precaution when playing the game?

The workout regime sees reasonable to me (have you talked with your rugby coach)- tho I do agree with mismi about the meals. You're a young lad... and still growing actually - so if you are working out hard regularly you need to keep your energy levels up - smaller meals more often or if you prefer 3 meals - I still think you need to eat something in between - there are lots of healthy snacks you can eat. Yep - cut out the sodas and junk food - but do enjoy what you eat too.

Rugby training will keep you fit - I see you're still going to be doing the weights which will build up your strength - but remember, don't push yourself TOO hard, all the time - and always warm up well stretching - especially the ankle. It takes time to get fully physically fit and stamina and determination to continue to keep strong. You can do it Dartboy but do try to balance it out with doing school and all the other stuff. Perhaps a jog in the morning.... and another in the evening?????

So..... did you turn 18 yet????

We love to sing Happy Birthday..... now.... don't get us started on the singing!

Take Care Young Man. Smile

and WELL DONE!
0 Replies

Dartboy

Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:15 pm
Im glad you guys think it sounds good, alot easier for me Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy The extra meals will probably be abit harder to do but I will try.

I'm still 17 Izzie, counting down the days till I turn 18 Very HappyVery Happy
0 Replies