Suggestions on how to research for college paper?

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:02 am
I have to find a peer-reviewed article which discusses the effects of optimism on physical and psychological healt.

Any Ideas how to or maybe re-phrasing it for better results.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,302 • Replies: 6
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:19 am
In other words, you want to find a research paper, rewrite it a bit, then pass it off as your own? Hmmm...I don't know offhand but I'm sure there are others that do.
0 Replies

greeniiz111

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:34 am
no not at all
I need help on how to research this topic so I could write my own paper
0 Replies

username

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 12:44 am
I would say you ought to google the topic and then look at the scholarly articles that appear at the top of the list. (I did, they do). I mean, really, does that actually require asking us? Isn't that something you ought to do almost without even thinking about it?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 09:16 am
Here's 129,000 articles on the subject http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=optimism+on+physical+and+psychological+health&btnG=Google+Search
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 11:30 am
For strictly schoalrly articles try:

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=optimism+on+physical+and+psychological+health&hl=en&safe=off&pwst=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&oi=scholart
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 02:29 pm
As a rule of thumb--for online searches only use sources that provide references. Moreover, since HTML can be corrupted by hackers, I would then to trust PDF files more than HTML.

Finally, use wikipedia sparingly--it is a source only for finding sources. The concept of wikipedia allows persons to declare themselves subject matter experts and to submit and edit entries at will, I will admit that wikipedia is a great place to start---but that is it only a start.

Cut and paste is permissable as long as it is acknowledged. It is very easy for a your reviewer to search online for plagiarism. And plagiarism is not accepted well.

Rap
0 Replies