"Knife Crime" in Britain

Endymion

Reply Sun 3 Aug, 2008 10:21 pm
It IS possible to make a bow and arrow (not pretty but effective) using only plants- without a blade, flint, bone or any metals -but you'd need a fire

Even if I could use stuff out of rubbish bins, like tin cans, and if I had some rawhide or string handy, I know damn well I couldn't do it in an hour.

In my experience - finding the right piece of wood initially could take a while. (Especially in a city).

I made a pretty good bow (nearly 5ft) out of (seasoned) cedar when I was eighteen - with birch arrows (burnt heads). It took me a whole day and a half - and i had everything i needed from the start including the wood.
(AND i was being supervised)

The best 'weapon' I ever made was a boomerang

I made it in woodwork at school

First time I tried it out in a field I was so shocked to see it curve around and start flipping back towards me, it was almost funny.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 06:08 am
username wrote:
You'd probably be more effective, and more accurate, if you simply took your arrow and ran toward your victim with it in your hand.

So will GB ban sticks next?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 06:22 am
cjhsa wrote:

So will GB ban sticks next?

Some conservatives have, indeed, suggested such.
But generally, in a democracy, it' depends how the parliaments decide.
Here: the Parliament in Westminster for the English and Welsh [and Northern Ireland] and the Scottish Pairlament for Scotland.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 06:23 am
You have conservatism backwards. In fact, everything about GB is backwards, even the cars.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 07:03 am
cjhsa wrote:
Here's my evil weapon of mass knife destruction, very close to actual size.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41BF093ZMEL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Arrest that man - he's got a nasty knife!

ooh i have one just like it. in my backpack at all times ready to cut, slice,dice,mutilate, poke, hack and annihilate any string or cardboard boxes that get in my way.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 07:09 am
Exactly, It's a tool. I use if for everthing from opening boxes to cutting off a hangnail.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 07:09 am
take the knives away, people are going to carry sharp pointy sticks.

true story.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 07:11 am
the future is going to suck. seriously

haha. no guns? stabbings go up. no knives? what next? bombs? molotov cocktails? glass bottles? crowbars?

the problem isnt the knives, its the people.

IMO get rid of poverty get rid of the majority of crime. Oh, and stupidity, but thats alot harder ;X
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 4 Aug, 2008 07:15 am
italy puts soldiers on its streets.

italian soldiers FTW!!!
0 Replies