HELP..... HARD DISK NOT DETECTED

nmetni

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 07:53 am
Hello,
Please HELP ME.........
I have a Fujitsu Disk Drive, I ha a blue screen with "Error: KERNEL, Physical Memory"
and then my Disk Drive had a very Strange Sound and it wont be detected by any PC. Still having the same sound but it is not detected by the PC. They told me that there is some companies where I could give them the disk to ge the data but it is something like 2000$. And some friend told me that if I find the same disk and same Model I could replace the controller Card and then Save the DATA. It contains 1 year Work on it.
I cannot make use of any program for corrupted Disks becose it is not detected by any PC.
Could you advice me what to do????
Or do u know anyone who could help to get out the data from it.
I would appreciate your Answer.
Thank you
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 800 • Replies: 5
No top replies

safecracker

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 07:57 am
There are many programs to retrive data from partailly corrupted drives i'll take a look around for a free 1 or I could get u a pirited copy but we dont support that do we Smile
0 Replies

AlexH

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 12:41 pm
HD Failure
You stated that this HD is not detected by any PC. Have you really tried to put it into a different PC to see for sure? If not, do so, as you might have a Disk controller failure, not a Disk Failure.

If you have tried, and are certain about the HD being defunct, then yes - you will be paying a fortune to try and get the data off that HD.

First, contact On Track - http://www.ontrack.com/ - and see what they will charge for their services. I'm sure there are other services out there, but On Track has been doing this for longer than most other services, and are probably the best. My caveat? I've never had the occasion to use their services.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 12:48 pm
Yeah make sure you've given another PC a shot at reading it --- Changing the controller card to one from a similar Fujitsu model like your friend said is certainly something you should try too before giving up on it, since the data is so important.

And stay away from Fujitsu hard drives in the future! Just lost some work on one myself. They're pretty lousy.
0 Replies

AlexH

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 07:00 pm
HD Woes
But ... Fujitsu used to make very good SCSI drives. I still prefer SCSI Hard Drives over IDE or whatever they're calling them now ... Enhanced ATA? Rolling Eyes Whatever ...
0 Replies

deepthought

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 06:57 am
Can you install it as a slave drive in another PC?

Get a knowledgeable friend to help you. Often when a hard disk won't boot it will still operate as a slave.

Then copy the files you need to retain to the primary disk.

If it's making weird noises though (like clicking?) it's probably stuffed unfortunately.
0 Replies