Flash photo gallery

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 11:42 am
I need a very simple, very easy, pretty much plug and play flash gallery.
The one I have on my page has done its job, but I really do not want my webpage to look so 'home made'

One way to get around that is to have a more professional, clean slideshow.

Im not aware of a lot of programs out there.

I have found coffee cup.. boring
Simple Viewer which is free.. but operating it does not make one bit of sense.
I used to have Flash 8 , but I dont understand the program so I gave it away.

what else is there?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 989 • Replies: 15
No top replies

mismi

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 01:06 pm
Hey Shewolf...I do not know what a flash drive is...I have told you all I am completely technologically unsound...but - Google has a blog spot that has great ways to set up your photos..it is easy and they have wonderful layouts to choose from. And they have great slide shows...some of the sites are beautiful. You may already know about it and that may not be what you are interested in...but I see a lot of folks using it as a place to display their art and photographs.

Blogspot

good luck!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 01:08 pm
I think I screwed up the link...trying again.
http://indication-for.blogspot.com/
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 02:16 pm
i cant translate that page to english.
What is it about?

My website is here and the front page is what I need to change..
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 02:21 pm
Use lightbox.

http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 02:52 pm
It was just an example of a blog that used the site as a backdrop for photography. I didn't know what you needed the flash gallery for ...That would not do for what you need. Sorry...just wasn't sure what you were looking for.
0 Replies

rhymer

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 03:34 pm
Hello shewolfnm,

I've had a look at your existing front page and think it is good!
I really like the small amount of motion you have given to each picture; it seems to bring each child to life.

I've done a google search and found a free software...

http://gallery.menalto.com/

Try it for yourself or search with (web page photo gallery software) ..without the brackets!

All the best!
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 03:40 pm
That and coppermine are famous free album software, but they aren't as simple (using databases etc).
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 03:57 pm
bookmark
0 Replies

rhymer

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 04:16 pm
A much simpler software is .....

http://www.sharewareconnection.com/web-forum-file-sharing-server.htm

That page describes the program and allows download of the shareware (try before you buy $40). It needs no extra software!
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 05:03 pm
Hmm... not entirely sure what you're looking for, but here are some ideas:

There's a free version of Flash Gallery available at their website. I'm not entirely sure if it works as a standalone, but you can just go there, download and find out.

They also have commercial versions with more options and support for sale, for €15 and €29 (Euros? Uhm. Anyways...)

Then there's SlideShowPro. Looks a bit more professional, very clean, and fully customizable. Not entirely free, though... a single-user license is $29 (more about this option here)

If you've done away with your Flash, there's a standalone, customizable SWF for web developers without Flash included. Also looks like the documentation is rather solid.
Depending on what kind of options you have on your web server, you could also their director thingie, which would allow you to easily upload and manage your photos.

Another option would be imagevue. It's also quite a bit more expensive ($150 for a commercial license).
It's also fully Flash, and you can use it either as a gallery or a slideshow.

It comes with a nifty administration tool, too. However, there are also some server requirements.

There are more options of you don't care about whether it's Flash or not... one free option is ImageIsle. There's also a commercial version of it, called ImageIsland, with more options ($29).

And then there lots more here, all apparently free. Some good stuff there...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 08:48 pm
Some of these I have tried.

My problem with them is that they are not easy to insert into the simple "plug and play" web page that I have.

Everything you see on that front page I created in photoshop and added as an image.

Everything but the slide show.

When I tried to create a very simple flash slide show and insert it, I was supposed to add text to my headers and body and .. Im sure it was user error.. but it did not work.

the only html I have been able to add to it is disable right click, and even that only applies to certain pages I think.

this website is made through Yahoo site builder.
I dont need to know or use any html. The downside to this is that because it IS so simple to use, adding HTML is a pain.

Just to help explain, I can add meta tags , titles, and scripts to the pages, but beyond that, unless I dont know what i am doing , I dont see how to add complex HTML .

I literally need to be able to create something and layer it on top of what is existing.
That slide show you see right now was made with Windows Photostory...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 08:50 pm
there are a few programs I have not tried like the adobe flash gallery..

I will work through these and see how they work.

Thank you all!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 04:56 am
shewolfnm wrote:
i cant translate that page to english.
What is it about?

My website is here and the front page is what I need to change..

Shewolf - I like the website...you did that? And those pictures are absolutely amazing. I can't imagine that you wouldn't go far. Gorgeous! Man I wish I lived close enough to have you take my childrens pics. I think the website is great...
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 06:36 am
Thank you.
Yes. It took me only three hours to put the site together, 6 months for the photos that were originally there.
Now I just update and change them a handful at a time.

I actually LIKE the.. homemade .. look.. but , it is bordering on, if not screaming past the line of 'cheap looking' and unprofessional.

As i begin to get my photos in shops , I really want my site to look as professional as I try to appear and the home grown look doesnt back that up.

but thank you Smile
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 10:57 am
old europe wrote:

Then there's SlideShowPro. Looks a bit more professional, very clean, and fully customizable. Not entirely free, though... a single-user license is $29 (more about this option here)

SlideShowPro is awesome! I have used it to design a few sites and it works great. You do need Flash to be able to use it. And it can be a bit confusing at first, but once you get it up and running it is easy to maintain. Even easier if you use it in conjunction with the extra director application.

If you don't have Flash anymore I could probably help set it up, and you can use director (which does not need flash) to maintain it.
0 Replies