Bella Dea

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 06:56 am
This is the best ending ever.

Quote:
I know George didn't believe in heaven or hell. Like death, they were just more comedy premises. And it just makes me even sadder to think that when I reach my own end, whatever tumbling cataclysmic vortex of existence I'm spinning through, in that moment I will still have to think, "Carlin already did it."
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 07:00 am
Nice.

I'd forgotten you were unfamiliar with George Carlin when you were visiting, Thomas. Glad we gave you something to remember besides the statue of Opie and Andy.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 07:00 am
Thomas wrote:
Today's New York Times features an obituary by Jerry Seinfeld. You can read it here.

Seinfeld got it right. I love both of those guys.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 07:36 am
squinney wrote:
Nice.

I'd forgotten you were unfamiliar with George Carlin when you were visiting, Thomas. Glad we gave you something to remember besides the statue of Opie and Andy.

Oops -- I forgt the statue of Opie and Andy. Thanks for reminding me.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 08:41 am
George Carlin cartoon
George Carlin cartoon published 3 days before he died

http://www.gocomics.com/jimborgman/2008/06/19/
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 09:38 am
Thomas wrote:
squinney wrote:
Nice.

Oops -- I forgt the statue of Opie and Andy. Thanks for reminding me.

how about buffalo shrimp? We introduced to them didn't we? Face it Thomas, Raleigh was a cultural bonanza.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 09:53 am
I remember the Buffalo shrimp, its effect on my waistline, and your threats to blackmail me with it in the evilest possible way. Thank Murphy George Carlin didn't see me, and didn't make a sketch about me. I would have died of embarrassment.

But the shrimps sure were good.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 12:18 pm
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 12:31 pm
Thanks for the link to the Seinfeld piece, Edgarblythe. I was struck by the comment on his performing voice. Back in the seventies I had a very short conversation with him at a place where I worked, and his voice wasn't performance-y. I've been watching videos of him over the last day or so, and hear anew the range of tones and depth in his vocal style. Master of words, for sure.
0 Replies