Gender Seperation Gains Speed

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 10:11 am
Mame wrote:

Yes, good point, Francis - what I always wonder is why every country has to reinvent the wheel. Why not just look at previous studies.

I am thinking of the British heroin addiction program, at the moment, as well as the Icelandic fisheries industry. They came to Canada to provide some guidance and one of the things they reported was that there were more people in the Fisheries Department than there were fish!

Not a good point, these studies were done on kids who where completely separated by gender. I am pretty sure that no one has looked at separation for core classes. For instance having all girls science and math classes so that girls will stop playing dumb, and all boy art and language classes so that boys will stop playing dumb. The kids will not like it, but the message is that the adults are paying for this school, and you are here to learn not to get what you want if you don't want to learn.

Secondly, everything is dependent upon context. It might be that in another society at another time what America needs now was not the right thing then.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 10:11 am
No, sorry, I didn't word that clearly. They were laughing at US - Canada had 5000 people in a department that had no fish! LOL
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 11:10 am
hawkeye10 wrote:
[Secondly, everything is dependent upon context. It might be that in another society at another time what America needs now was not the right thing then.

Well, this is the typical way of twisting someone else opinion in order to force your own.

The studies I was referring to were conducted over 60 years and NOT 60 ago.

But I'll not argue with you anymore, you can continue to spread your noxious ideas, as a tyrant in heart I believe you are.

To list some of your ideas:

1- Rape is not rape.

2- People should confide in their leaders and let them do whatever they think is better for the people and do not interfere by voting.

3 - Segregate students by gender.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 03:11 pm
Francis wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
[Secondly, everything is dependent upon context. It might be that in another society at another time what America needs now was not the right thing then.

Well, this is the typical way of twisting someone else opinion in order to force your own.

The studies I was referring to were conducted over 60 years and NOT 60 ago.

But I'll not argue with you anymore, you can continue to spread your noxious ideas, as a tyrant in heart I believe you are.

To list some of your ideas:

1- Rape is not rape.

2- People should confide in their leaders and let them do whatever they think is better for the people and do not interfere by voting.

3 - Segregate students by gender.

There by putting yourself on par with Shrub, another one who can't bring himself to talk about subjects that he finds distasteful and/or does not understand, and will not lower himself to talk to people he does not like even if they may possibly be able to teach him something.

I am willing to talk, willing to put my beliefs out there and support them...that makes me the better man (person) over those who can't, or won't.
0 Replies