Burning Camcord vidoes to DVD disc

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 07:59 am
Hey, I have a harddrive camcorder, and I am able to transfer all of the files onto my computer. However, I can't burn them because they are .MOV files. Any way I can convert these files to .AVI so I can actually burn my recordings. Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 839 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:32 am
there are several free converters out there. I typed in a web search engine Google the keywords "how to convert .mov files to .avi" and got dozens of links to free converters.

here's one such link to a converter:

http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Video-Converter.aspx?type=GoogleAdWordsSearch&gclid=CL_X7b6B25MCFQqFGgodbS7uZA
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:44 am
googling mov to avi reveals lots of ways to do it.

I have rad video tools which works OK. (I think it is a free download)
I also have TMPGEnc which works great for turning mov files directly into mpegs which is the standard file on a DVD. It gives me lots of options and I don't get visible loss in the video quality from going mov to avi to dvd (medium priced)
I have also used Adobe Premiere to convert powerpoint mov files because ppt uses an odd way to write mov files- (expensive)

I believe a Mac can write .mov files to DVD no problem or few problems at least.
Some other DVD burning software might also work burning mov files to DVD. My Nero 4 seems to work OK with .mov files but I can have video quality loss when it compresses larger video formats. I bought the full version not the express version that comes with most DVD burners. Express may work but I don't have personal experience.

The issues I have with video loss usually involves small text in computer generated videos. Something you would probably never notice on videos you are taking with a video camera.
0 Replies