Please Help With This Riddle It Is Very Important

wd3500

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 05:33 pm
Many changes hath my home and many miles I rise, "Build thee more stately mansions" to see with ancient eyes

The answer is one word long and I this the thing talking is atlantis at least the riddle definitly has something to do with atlantis any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,700 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Charli

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 07:45 pm
Perhaps one of these sites holds your answer . . .
Perhaps one of these sites - about 470 - holds your answer . . . if you have time to search them. If you do, please post back here and tell us what you found. Good luck! :-)

470 sites with riddle answer?
0 Replies

riddler

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 05:15 pm
how about Pangea? or the ocean or the sun
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2003 05:40 pm
'Build thee more stately mansions" is from the poem, The Chambered Nautilus... I suppose it could be that.

The first thing I thought of was the moon (it changes, it rises, it's been seen since ancient times). The chambered nautilus is also considered a "living fossil" -- therefore ancient eyes might work for that.

Hmmm, where is this newbie? We may never know the answer!
0 Replies

riddler

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 09:27 pm
right here is your newbie, so how long have you guys been on this forum? so wd3500, what is the answer, i still gotta do homework here ya know and answer piffka already!!! we should all talk sometime, if you read this,be on the internet on september 13@ around 4 pm pacific time
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 10:15 pm
Hi Riddler! Hope you're enjoying yourself here. To answer your question... this forum was developed by Craven and is not quite a year old. (It's not his first forum, so some people know each other from his earlier forums.) I joined about two months after this one started. If you're interested, you can read about the members by looking at their profiles. To get there I click on their name... that gets me to a list of their postings, then click on the name again and their profile shows up. It'll say how long somebody has been a member. You'll end up with a lot of posts if you play any of the games... or if you chat a lot. Wink

I'll probably be away from my computer on Saturday afternoon, but if I'm around, I'll check in.
0 Replies

riddler

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 08:56 pm
Thanks for the welcome piffka, I'll keep the chatting in mind. no one told me craven started the forum, that's pretty cool. So here's a riddle: you're trying to get to a house on the other side of the street. Halfway there a guard tells you to turn around and keep walking. Someday you got to the house. How did you do it?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 07:18 am
Hi again! You turn all the way around... do a 360?
0 Replies

kev

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 09:49 am
Hi Piffka, I'm not trying to steal your glory, but do you mean that you walk all the way round the world?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 09:55 pm
Hi Kev -- Well, there's another idea! Actually I meant to turn all the way around in place and keep walking towards the house. Smile
0 Replies

riddler

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 07:40 pm
try not to think so hard, all the info you need was in the question(hint, hint). and i don't actually get what you mean Piffka, i think you might be right if you explained your answer to me
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:24 pm
Howdy again, Riddler! This is what I meant... when the guard says to turn around, who says that you can't do a full turn all the way around? So say, you're headed N... then you turn E, then S, (which would be 180 degrees and what you'd normally think to do when someone says to turn around), but then you continue to turn around to the W, and then N again (which would be a full 360 degrees). From there you continue on towards the house. That's all I meant.
0 Replies

riddler

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:26 pm
nope, but glad i have someone to talk to now, try the riddle that i wrote under this one in the line of riddles
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:43 pm
Rats. Are you sure? It seemed like such a good plan....

I saw that other riddle, Riddler, and had NO IDEA!!! Not a clue -- but I'll look again. I am waiting for someone brilliant to come forward with the answer though. Very Happy

I'm really not very good with riddles except to appreciate them.
0 Replies

riddler

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:46 pm
no wonder there was no answer, i thought everyone was ignoring me!!!!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 09:27 pm
Awww. Nobody is ignoring you on purpose, but if people on the forum don't know an answer, they may sit back and wait for somebody else to respond. I'm not sure how actively people respond to riddles. Craven seems to know the answers to most of them.

What threads are you going on? Do you feel like you're not part of the group? (My advice is don't go on the Political threads unless you are girded for blood sport though, OK?) The What's For Breakfast and What are You Doing Today threads, would be good ways for people to get to know you and you them. Lots of others, too.
0 Replies