PS2 game won't erase or save or behave.

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 07:02 pm
I tried to erase the files from the old disc-thingy (that cartridge whatnot that you stick in to save your games on) so Mo could start a new game and, no deal - won't erase. Everything just kind of locked up.

So I bought a new disc-thingy but the game won't save to it. It locks up.

It is only this one particular game. Everything other game sames fine so I don't think it's the console and I don't think it's the disc-thingy.

I even took the game disc in and had it all buffed up nice but still -- nothing. It comes to the first auto-save and..... nothing.

I found a "corrupted file" doohickey by using the browser, deleted that and.... nothing.

I'm completely stumped.

It's Mo's favorite game so I guess I could go buy a new copy but I'm afraid I'll have the same problem.

Yes, I googled the hell out of this and couldn't find anything that made a lick of sense to me.

Help?

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,691 • Replies: 10
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 07:04 pm
I remember similar problems with the X-box

solution was a can of air blown into some slots to help clean the dust
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 07:05 pm
In fact

you were the one who told me..
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 07:12 pm
I've tried that.

I've cleaned both the disc player area and the save carrtridge doohickey area.

Every other game disc works fine. Every other game disc saves fine.

This game disc works fine until it comes to auto save then everything just locks up.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 07:26 pm
is the game disk a recent purchase?

Have the receipt?
You may be able to exchange it..
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 07:31 pm
We've had the game for a long time. Mo has played it several times over so it's okay if we have to buy a new one but I don't want to buy a new one and end up with the same problem.

It just seems so weird that everything else works fine but this one game.

The game is in good shape, recently rebuffed even. I just don't get why it's old files won't erase and why it won't save to a new save thingy. It has to be something to do with the game disc, I guess.

Frustrating.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 07:34 pm
Well.. if you want to make the purchase, and see if it IS that one disk.. you can find games on EBay with no covers at times, for 4 or 5 dollars..
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 07:48 pm
It isn't a new game so used copies are typically available for a bit over $10 at GameStop and that way I know I'm not buying something stolen. I"m nutty about that kind of thing. Plus, you don't have to pay for shipping and you take it home right away.

The game is Sly Cooper 2. I wish I could find more like it.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 08:55 pm
Well, I was gonna try to help you out, but Cubs response was... Buy a new disc of the game. Lots of games do that after a certain point / level.

Gawd, and here I thought he knew how to fix everything but the flashlights he constantly takes apart. Very Happy
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 09:49 pm
Don't be too hard on him, squinney, I think he must be right. There really is no other explaination but I had no idea such things happened.

When it comes to video games, nobody knows better than young boys.

I'm going to look for a new copy tomorrow.

Thank you and thank him.
0 Replies

syllyassstudent

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 04:47 pm
@boomerang,
I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution? Every other game saves. Darkstone doesn't even see the card.
0 Replies