How to change allocation space sizes? Where?

sumac

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 09:33 pm
Whenever I have frozen or have to shutdown because Windows doesn't completely close, half the time, when I turn it back on and it goes through its self-check routine, I get the following error message: allocation error, too little or too much space has been allocated to: \WINDOWS\APPLIC~1\IDENTI~1\{1A531~1\MIC>>.

I let it fix it, and then I don't see that error message for a while when the self-check runs, but eventually it will come back.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 828 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 02:49 pm
Which version of Windows are you using?
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Fri 19 Sep, 2003 09:34 pm
My need to have this question answered has disappeared, as I just switched over to Windows XP Professional and my old Windows 98 is no more. But the question is still valid and I would love to know the answer. Windows 98 first edition, it was.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 06:01 am
You can't control the allocated space.

When the application runs it tells the OS how much space it needs. The OS then allocates that space (if it's available - if it isn't avail. then you'll get an error message when you try to open the app that Windows is unable to allocate enough space..).

You are getting the message because Windows had allocated the space to the app and that allocation wasn't released when your system crashed.

WinXo Pro is much more stable than Win98 was so your change in OS will probably take care of it happening again.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sat 20 Sep, 2003 08:04 am
Thanks, fishin'.
0 Replies