Einstein: Nothing 'chosen' about the Jews

brahmin

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 10:36 am
agrote wrote:
The world would definitely be better off without Christianity or Islam (or Judaism, for that matter). Freudian pseudo-psychology and communism haven't done us much good either.

Jews have made many contributions to the history and culture of our planet, but some of those contributions were not good at all. It seems God chose some very bad and useless people.

thats a different debate. whether we would be better off without christianity and marxism.

what cant be denied is that the world would be a very different place without christianity, islam and marxism. and physchoanalysis and relativity.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 10:38 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
brahmin wrote:
anyway, let take away a few jews then. no abraham, no moses, no jesus, no freud, no marx, no einstein and we already have started missing christianity, islam, mosaic law, psychoanalysis, communism and relativity.

As science is a progressive discovery of knowledge, someone else would have found out about relativity in the end, just like in my example where if we take away Charles Darwin, someone else (namely Alfred Wallace) would have found out about Evolution.

Likewise, take away the Chinese and someone else would have eventually found out about gunpowder.

to take away the chinese you got to take away a billion.
to take away the jews you take away a dozen million if that. and yet taking them away would make a greater difference than taking away an equal number of any other people.

do you know the difference between discovery and invention ??
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 10:43 am
Zippo wrote:
The race to develop the world's first atomic bomb began at the Los Alamos National Laboratory in the USA in the 1940's. J. Robert Oppenheimer, who headed the Project, succeeded in developing the world's first atomic bomb with the 'Trinity' blast in New Mexico at that time. Edward Teller soon afterward developed the Hydrogen bomb, followed by Sam Cohen who, in years following, invented the Nuetron Bomb. All 3 were Jewish.

They've invented something that will end humanity on this planet.

http://img.metblogs.com/dc/files/2008/04/nuclearbomb.jpg

Thank "God's chosen people" when you disintegrate into nuclear dust Laughing

i know. there were many other jews involved in the whole atom bomb saga. it started with someone called leo szilard.

the havoc caused by atom bombs as yet many times lesser than that caused by christianity, islam, marxism, feminism etc. i never said that everything they came up with contributed positively to humanity. i said the world would be a very different place without their contributions both good and bad
0 Replies

Coolwhip

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 03:43 pm
brahmin wrote:
the havoc caused by atom bombs as yet many times lesser than that caused by christianity, islam, marxism, feminism etc. i never said that everything they came up with contributed positively to humanity. i said the world would be a very different place without their contributions both good and bad

Heh, what a statement. I really don't see how feminism has killed more than the hiroshima and nagasaki bombs, but hey! Maybe I'm just ignorant of history or something.

But seriously Brahmin, do you really feel this is a very productive topic? How much better jews are than any other race?
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 12:33 pm
brahmin wrote:
to take away the chinese you got to take away a billion.
to take away the jews you take away a dozen million if that. and yet taking them away would make a greater difference than taking away an equal number of any other people.

That is debatable. Would Einstein have been able to do any of the things he had done if the Indians hadn't invented our current numeral system or if Max Plank hadn't been around? Would any of our current scientists be doing things the way they are doing things, if it weren't for Newton or the scientists that came before them?

Would Niels Bohr and Heisenberg met and developed their theories if it weren't for trains, the first of which was invented by Richard Trevithick? Would they have achieved their work were it not for Michael Faraday and his cathode rays, which inevitably sparked interest in the realm of the quantum in the first place?

Quote:

Do you?

Ultimately, it has been argued to me before that mankind cannot invent anything as to invent anything is to create something new. But how can something be new if an all-seeing, all-knowing God has thought up of it first? I disagree with that notion, but it just goes to show you the absurdity of your question.

What does it matter if the Chinese discovered something and didn't invent it? The crux of the matter is that their discovery sparked a new revolution in the way we lived at that time. Compasses allowed us to navigate waters without hugging the land. Gunpowder allowed us to... well... wage war in new ways, and it gave us fireworks and eventually led to rocket technology.

If there had never been any Indians, if there had never been any Chinese, this world would be too unrecognisable. This, is of course, because their work laid the foundations. And the Jewish scientists and inventors built on that. The political thinkers built on earlier work. The economists built on earlier work.

Everything is built on the backs of other people's work and take one thing away and you get nothing. No one person is more important, with the possible exception of Sir Isaac Newton and Francis Bacon, advocators of scientific thought.

Coolwhip wrote:
But seriously Brahmin, do you really feel this is a very productive topic? How much better jews are than any other race?

Good point. Perhaps we should refocus the topic on how Aryans are better than any other race? Oh wait... why does that sound familiar?
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 12:48 pm
Coolwhip wrote:
brahmin wrote:

Heh, what a statement. I really don't see how feminism has killed more than the hiroshima and nagasaki bombs, but hey! Maybe I'm just ignorant of history or something.

killed ?? no. but ruined families yes.

yes its a productive topic. they are o astoundingly better than so many other races, especially despite their modest numbers and consistently dire circumstances.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 12:54 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:

That is debatable. Would Einstein have been able to do any of the things he had done if the Indians hadn't invented our current numeral system or if Max Plank hadn't been around? Would any of our current scientists be doing things the way they are doing things, if it weren't for Newton or the scientists that came before them?

Would Niels Bohr and Heisenberg met and developed their theories if it weren't for trains, the first of which was invented by Richard Trevithick? Would they have achieved their work were it not for Michael Faraday and his cathode rays, which inevitably sparked interest in the realm of the quantum in the first place?

Quote:

Do you?

Ultimately, it has been argued to me before that mankind cannot invent anything as to invent anything is to create something new. But how can something be new if an all-seeing, all-knowing God has thought up of it first? I disagree with that notion, but it just goes to show you the absurdity of your question.

What does it matter if the Chinese discovered something and didn't invent it? The crux of the matter is that their discovery sparked a new revolution in the way we lived at that time. Compasses allowed us to navigate waters without hugging the land. Gunpowder allowed us to... well... wage war in new ways, and it gave us fireworks and eventually led to rocket technology.

If there had never been any Indians, if there had never been any Chinese, this world would be too unrecognisable. This, is of course, because their work laid the foundations. And the Jewish scientists and inventors built on that. The political thinkers built on earlier work. The economists built on earlier work.

Everything is built on the backs of other people's work and take one thing away and you get nothing. No one person is more important, with the possible exception of Sir Isaac Newton and Francis Bacon, advocators of scientific thought.

Coolwhip wrote:

Good point. Perhaps we should refocus the topic on how Aryans are better than any other race? Oh wait... why does that sound familiar?

while you are correct in saying that modern scientists could not have achieved much if they didnt stand on the shoulders of past scientists, i hope you argee that coming up with the theory of relativity is a lot more difficult than comming up with the concept of zero. and so on. the whole of the last century has been dominated by jewish contributions to academia. just check the number of nobel prize winners they produced.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 03:05 pm
Many of the Nobel laureates (304) came from America. Are we then to assume that this is proof that Americans are the best at biochemistry?

A large number of Nobel laureates also happen to be male. Is it their masculinity and not their Jewishness that is responsible?

Not to mention that this thread is about Jews being the Chosen People of God. Are you suggesting then that Jews are thick as two short planks, and that the only reason they've achieved so much is through God's will? That, if left to their own devices, they'd have achieved nothing?

Surely, then, the achievements from other "races" are far more special, because they did it without God's help.

Which brings me onto another question I'd like to ask. Just what is a Jew, anyway?

I only ask, because I am suddenly reminded of a story about a German woman whom lived during Hitler's regime. She talked about this tall, blue-eyed, blonde woman, the very role-model of the Aryan ideal. The German woman talked about how she saw this blonde woman walking around with a Jewish star on her coat and was later taken away with the other Jews. It reminds me of how absolutely arbitrary some notions of race really are, with no real basis in factual reality.

And yes, I'm sorry to bring up Godwin's Law again and again, but your comments stink of racial supremacism.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 06:22 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Many of the Nobel laureates (304) came from America. Are we then to assume that this is proof that Americans are the best at biochemistry?

americans arnt a people/ethnicity.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 06:25 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:

Not to mention that this thread is about Jews being the Chosen People of God. Are you suggesting then that Jews are thick as two short planks, and that the only reason they've achieved so much is through God's will? That, if left to their own devices, they'd have achieved nothing?

they are so smart cos they are the chosen.

also if they didnt have god ontheir side they could not have overcome the perils they did for centuries.
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 06:27 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:

I only ask, because I am suddenly reminded of a story about a German woman whom lived during Hitler's regime. She talked about this tall, blue-eyed, blonde woman, the very role-model of the Aryan ideal. The German woman talked about how she saw this blonde woman walking around with a Jewish star on her coat and was later taken away with the other Jews. It reminds me of how absolutely arbitrary some notions of race really are, with no real basis in factual reality..

i never said the jews are a race.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 11:51 am
Which can be synonymous with people. So you didn't mean race. You meant people.

Very well. Define what you mean by Jewish people.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 12:16 pm
Re: Einstein: Nothing 'chosen' about the Jews
Zippo wrote:
I suppose Einstein was a selfhating Jew? Rolling Eyes

Not at all, he identified with Jews culturally, but was objective enough to not ascribe them with the label of "the chosen."

I'm not sure where you derive the self-hating part.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 06:17 pm
While you Gentiles argue over Jews, allow me to offer a few thoughts as to why it may appear to some that Jews reflect a disproportionate amount of achievement.

It reminds me of a news story a few years ago where it was annoying some ranchers in California that coyotes were coming out of the hills and the usual traps could not catch them. The explanation was that during the 1800's most coyotes were killed off; apparently those few that knew how to avoid the ranchers' guns and traps went off into the hills, and 80 years later came out of the hills. And, wouldn't you guess it, these coyotes had inherited the mentality to again avoid the ranchers' traps. Yes, to a degree, intelligence is inherited. Let's liken this to a thousand years of pogrom victims that modern days Jews are NOT descended from.

Then there's the fact that ancient Israel didn't have Ten Lost Tribes, but actually lost a war, and negotiated that the high priest tribe and their Levites (the building maintenance tribe, so to speak) be allowed to remain and live in Israel. But the other ten tribes were given up. So, ten tribes were enslaved in Babylonia. Now remember, if many of the current day Jews come from these two specialized tribes, perhaps there was a little more natural intelligence in these tribes, high priests, and their sidekicks, so to speak.

Now, there are many Jews that are of average, or below average IQ. Guess what. You guys may never see them or speak to them; they live in the world of ethnicity and religion. You only get to meet the ones that feel they can compete in a Gentile world. Perhaps a little more goal oriented, industrious than those you never meet?

I don't think Jews have any monopoly on intelligence or creativity. I do think Jews have had a fairly longer time to enjoy a civilization not based on brawn over brains, and that may just be a head start that some people interpret as being smarter? It all comes down, perhaps, to having a penchant to do one's homework every day when one is still a student and not join the popular culture of hanging out on a corner?

I say this in context of 40 years ago the two specialized high schools for bright (higher IQ) students in NYC (Stuveysant and Bronx High School of Science) were 80% Jewish students. Today, it is 80% Asian students. Now, if the Jews can only get Asians to adopt Judaism we would then be seeing God's hand at work.

In my opinion (and perhaps others?) one of the root causes of anti-Semitism is based on believing that Jews are really superior in some ways, and that one needs to do preventive maintenance, so to speak, before they get too strong in greater numbers. Since the Jewish culture emphasizes achievement, some people that don't like great competition may not appreciate this quality in the Jewish culture.

And, if we are honest about the evolving of Jews over three or four millenia, we notice they have changed their "look" a number of times. I wonder how people will relate to Jews in the future, since taller, blonder, better looking Jews tend to excel in the dating and mating market. There was a time when being Jewish implied the sterotypical negative image of short, fat, balding, homely. My point is that while many Jews themselves feel intellectually adequate, beauty is still something many might not feel they can feel adequate about. When that changes, there just may be an influx of converts, since it is really just a religion that has maintained its own gene pool?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 08:57 am
foofie-- there are plenty of good looking Jews that do not fit into the tall, blonde model, and their not suffering for it.

Overall, you've stated your argument well, but it's the last part which leaves me scratching my head.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 11:37 am
Your argument's not bad, Foofie, but I don't think you've taken into account other factors. For example, a large number of Jewish Nobel laureates tend to be from America. What if it's them being in America, working in heavily funded labs?

Is a Jew in Nigeria going to achieve the same thing as a Jew in America?

Intelligence cannot be inherited, but if you want to say that something is inherited, I'd say that the potential for higher intelligence is inherited.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 12:25 pm
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Your argument's not bad, Foofie, but I don't think you've taken into account other factors. For example, a large number of Jewish Nobel laureates tend to be from America. What if it's them being in America, working in heavily funded labs?

Is a Jew in Nigeria going to achieve the same thing as a Jew in America?

Intelligence cannot be inherited, but if you want to say that something is inherited, I'd say that the potential for higher intelligence is inherited.

Okay, America is the catalyst for many groups, just not Jews. And, it is not heavily funded labs that necessarily make for achievement. In the libraries in the States, I believe there is a preponderance of books by Irish-American authors and Jewish authors. Both groups were stymied in Europe, I believe. It is the egalitarian society of the States that, I believe, allows groups to flourish beyond their earlier experiences.

And, where did you get the idea that intelligence is not inherited?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 12:32 pm
Gala wrote:
foofie-- there are plenty of good looking Jews that do not fit into the tall, blonde model, and their not suffering for it.

Overall, you've stated your argument well, but it's the last part which leaves me scratching my head.

I've read accounts of those that did the machine gunning of Russian Jews, as the Wermacht went farther into Russia. The question was asked whether they minded all this cold blooded killing. One answer was that they were mostly short. In other words, being comparatively short was one added feature of being dehumanized by the Nazis. It is always better to be taller and blonder in a society that is dominated by that type. In the U.S. CEO's tend to be quite tall. Women that get "plum" positions tend to be blond and taller. The WASP image is just more marketable in the U.S., perhaps in many places.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 03:07 pm
Foofie wrote:
Gala wrote:

I've read accounts of those that did the machine gunning of Russian Jews, as the Wermacht went farther into Russia. The question was asked whether they minded all this cold blooded killing. One answer was that they were mostly short. In other words, being comparatively short was one added feature of being dehumanized by the Nazis. It is always better to be taller and blonder in a society that is dominated by that type. In the U.S. CEO's tend to be quite tall. Women that get "plum" positions tend to be blond and taller. The WASP image is just more marketable in the U.S., perhaps in many places.

I know what you're saying. But you are speaking for the Jews, and unless you are Jewish then you haven't a clue on this one.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2008 08:34 am
Gala wrote:
Foofie wrote:
Gala wrote:

I know what you're saying. But you are speaking for the Jews, and unless you are Jewish then you haven't a clue on this one.

One can be Jewish, and still might not have a clue about being Jewish. It all has to do with what degree of Jewishness one is raised in. And, it has to do with how one analyzes the topic. Some people do not really analyze their ethnicity. Some people even live outside of ethnic identities, so they might virtually become another ethnic identity.

And, I am not "speaking for the Jews." I was speaking for my own opinion; take it, or leave it.

Anyway, in my own mind I have only "minored" (not in a real curriculum) in "Jews." I have "majored" in "NYC ethnicities of the 1950's/1960's." Jews are only a subset.

If you want to know if I am Jewish, then you should have just asked. But then again, the easy way to discern that is just to ask me if I can pronounce "Channukah" correctly.

Regardless, I am busy developing a theory to meld Einstein's Theory of Relativity and the WASP image. I suspect that the space time continuum interacts with "WASP confidence" in a very esoteric mannner.

But actually, I believe, your premise about needing to be a particular ethnicity to truly understand it, is an incorrect premise. That premise means one can only understand the thoughts of a "victim" if one is part of that victim's group; and if one is part of a victim's group, one can then not understand the thoughts of the perpetrators against a victim. This premise totally invalidates many social sciences. False conclusion, I believe; it stems I believe from a "popular notion."
0 Replies