windows vista activator

Johnmg

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 06:08 am
I recently bought a lap top off of a friend with windows vista but lost the activator key. There are vista activators you can dl on the internet and use to activate you windows. I have not found one to activate my lap top but have found one that work on my desktop. Any suggestions to an activator that would work?

Im not sure which service pack/version of vista i have, how can i check that as well?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 743 • Replies: 5
No top replies

parados

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 06:27 am
If the windows version is legal then there should be a sticker on the laptop that has the COA and the code.

I am not sure why you would need the "code" since you can't change many of the components on a laptop that would require reactivation.
0 Replies

Johnmg

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 09:38 am
um... its not a legal version no.. lol so i need a copywrite version of vista which i have on two other computers but it doesnt seem to work on this one, the activator that is.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 09:58 am
You have two legitimate choices.

1) Buy a legal copy of Windows Vista (in my opinion this is a complete waste of money).

2) Download a legal free copy of Ubuntu Linux.

Why not give Linux a try? It is easy to install, has lot's of legitimate free software that works great... and best of all you aren't doing anything illegal.

((I very much doubt anyone here is going to help you break copyright))
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 01:15 am
I have a contact in the Rochester NY Police department, Johnmg, and he is very interested to meet you. I have a feeling he will get his wish soon...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 01:33 am
Oh, God. Another Undercover Agent
0 Replies