Buying bike helmets

Chumly

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 11:11 pm
Charcoal broiled with a baked potato........
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 12:46 pm
Retired Dr friend of mine fell off.

Banged her head.

Concussed but now ok

Helmet was completely split.

Her head wasnt.

As she says...the helmet only has to work once

WEAR ONE
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 01:28 pm
Yeah, especially if you're not in full roadie costume. Can't have people thinking you're riding because of a DWI conviction.

Actually, I do wear one; mostly as a matter of style, and setting an example for the kids.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 07:47 pm
i do wear one now, because it's new and it's silver and pink, just like my bike.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 08:16 pm
Today, I started wearing a boonie rag with mine. Ninety nine degrees, and I don't need the stripy tan lines on my poor bald head.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 03:02 am
dagmaraka wrote:
i do wear one now, because it's new and it's silver and pink, just like my bike.
Sounds great dag.

Rog I must confess not to wearing a crash hat myself sometimes. But the incident with my friend quite affected me. Regarding head stripes....! No worries, the areas of light and shade on your head are constantly moving. And you can always wear a thin cotton cap or such like underneath if necessary.

Its national bike week here in England. Just off now....

on the bike Smile
0 Replies

danene

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 04:19 pm
@Chumly,
Had a bike crash yesterday with a giro ionos helmet doing 40 plus mph in a sprint finish and a guy crashed in front of me leaving me nowhere to go except over the top of him. I hit first on the side of my head and kept bouncing on my head a few times . Helmet cracked in 4 places but stayed together- result was not even a concussion. Seperated shoulder-road rash etc but if not for the helmet- vegetable with a feeding tube at best. I know how to roll and i saw the road coming at my head but trust me- there is nothing your going to do about it. Anybody tha rides a motorbike or bicycle w/o a helmet is nuts.
roger

Reply Mon 5 Jul, 2010 07:38 pm
@danene,
Yeah, you see it coming, and suddenly well thought out roll is spelled F A C E P L A N T
0 Replies