Al-Jazeera now has English Language site up and running.

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 09:54 pm
Reading the news from the Middle East,and discovered it is finally up and running. How wonderful Very Happy I don't have to rely on my marginal Arabic anymore.
al-Jazeera in English
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 728 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 10:01 pm
Good lookin' out, Boss, thanks . . .
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2003 10:10 pm
I used to be able to pull up another site that was in English (don't recall the name) and then look at Al Jazeera for the pictures. Glad it's up in English now. Thanks.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 05:03 pm
the "other" mirror site is also up, but it tends to lewinsky.al-jazeera.net
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2003 10:31 pm
Thanks, hobitbob, for sharing the links!
0 Replies

NeoGuin

Reply Sat 6 Sep, 2003 05:40 am
Cool. I'll have to take a look at it.

Will make a nice addition to Edit (Moderator): Link removed

Able2Know Terms of Service wrote:
C. The Topics shall be used only in a non-promotional manner. You shall not, without the express approval of Able2Know, distribute or otherwise publish in the service any content which contains (i) offers to buy or sell goods or services; (ii) advertising; or (iii) commercial solicitations of any kind. Examples of prohibited solicitations include efforts to obtain funds or services from members and attempts to recruit members to participate in research studies, polls, surveys or lawsuits. Promotional postings are not limited to commercial promotions and all are equally forbidden. You may not post links to your site or use Able2Know for promotional purposes (both commercial and non-commercial).
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 09:46 am
A-Jazeera just won this year's "Award for the Innovative use of New Media in Africa":

from onlinejournalism.com:
Quote:
In the corporate category, the award went to the Web version of Al-Ahram, an Egyptian newspaper established in 1875. Judges appreciated the news site's focus on ICTs, as well as its efforts to provide a non-biased view over the recent U.S.-led strike on Saddam Hussein's regime in Iraq.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 09:55 am
Congratulations AJ! Very Happy
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 10:13 am
oooops, oops, oops, Walter, Walter! Embarrassed

Made a big mistake, mistook (can't really say: misread Embarrassed ) the paper's title: it's the Egyptian Al-Ahram, which really is a little bit different to Al-Jazeera from Doha - Qatar! (mea culpa)
0 Replies