No Country for Old Men

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 05:46 pm
I rented it from Itunes and watched it on my flight today, I really enjoyed it and it made the flight seem like it was over in no time but I seemed like I missed soemthing which maybe I did as I couldn't hear all the dialogue on the flight especially the ending. I didn't seem to get it. I have another few hours on my rental so I am going to watch parts of it again.

Anyway, I would definitely recommend renting it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 798 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 06:31 pm
read the book.
on the beach.

sunshine.
gulls.
girls.
sand.

Couldn't stop reading.

nearly cried when the two (watch it !! Spoiler!!) died.

sat at the end wondering if it was the end or was i

missing some of the book.

Joe(life. no neat ends)nation
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 09:30 pm
Such a good movie! I've gotta remember to pick up the book next time I'm at the library...

But yeah, I definitely know what you mean about feeling that perhaps you missed something--I think Joe's hit the nail on the head, though-- "no neat ends." That 'bout sums it up, I'd say..I didn't get the feeling there was a real "answer" hidden in there somewhere or anything.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 06:11 am
I've read a lot of people here saying they felt there was no "ending"

I dunno, I kind of liked that.

It was like life in general, no neat little packages tied up with string.

Didn't read the book, but in the movie, him sitting there, eating breakfast or whatever, hey, that's how it is.

A bunch of stuff happens to you...with periods of eating breakfast, reading the newspaper in between.

He retired, he's gonna annoy the hell out of his wife by hanging around the house...he's gonna wonder what it was all about.

It made me wonder what it was all about...times changing, etc.
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 10:46 pm
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=110603
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 11:48 pm
thanks for the link, Nietzsche. i'm putting this one on my to-watch list.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 02:23 pm
I had a 24 hour rental from I tunes and had limited time to watch it again. I thought I missed something in the end but I now I realize that I didn't. The only thing I did miss was the fate of the girlfriend.

So I have seen it one and a half times. I guess it is the kind of film like Fargo that one wants to watch again and again.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 03:01 pm
I wanted to like it. Loved the cast. I also like movies without neat endings, but the cut in's of Tommy Lee Jones' musings and the shock value of the air gun...Seemed a bit more concocted, like the Coen brothers sitting around saying,,,"Oh, I got it, there's a guy going around killing people with an air gun..." and the story was built around that...I guess a few choices might have made it incredible.

Still worth a look.
0 Replies

PastaRoni

Reply Fri 9 May, 2008 01:11 pm
Javier Bardem is incredible in the movie. He freaked me out so much. GREAT MOVIE!!
0 Replies