"No Audio Device"

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 08:05 pm
i recently rebooted my computer and since i did that, i dont have an audio, so u thought id g check on Sound and Audio from the control panel and in it, it says "No Audio Device" and i have no options to click but "ok"

we bought this computer at a time when windows 95 was the "New Thing" the audio has worked properly since then, then we switched the comp from 95 to xp and the audio was still working fine, then we rebooted a couple of time (4 or 5 times) and the audio was still working great! up until the last time we rebooted (id say a weak or 2 ago) and boom! no audio device!

whats up what that? any idea on how to fix that? and if your next question is "What device did we have with windows 95" well the answer is " no clue" Very Happy all i know is that the floppy disks on what we have all the drivers are not compatible with xp anymore and as far as a the name of the driver is (if there is any), as i said "No clue"

any clue on what to do? at this point, any thing you post will probably be very helpfull Very Happy

Post Away!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 640 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 10:10 pm
Are you seeing an exclamation point when you look at the control panel in Audio?

I'd see if you can d/l new Win XP drivers from MS website. If you don't find drivers there for Win XP. go to MS Knowledge base on their website and post the question there.

It is possible that you may have a blown sound card, too. Do you have a CD or DVD devices installed? Are you able to get any CDs or DVDs to play sound?

Invariably, someone here might come up with a better solution, but that it is what I would do
0 Replies