Re: A very easy quizz
Walter Hinteler wrote:
Just found this quiz. Seems quite easy, doesn't it?
1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?
Depends on whose version of history you accept, but, roughly, 124 years, 1326 to 1450.
2) Which country makes Panama hats?
Ain't got a clue, but i'm bettin' it ain't Panama--right?
3) From which animal do we get catgut?
Once again, i'm clueless--and, once again, i'm bettin' it ain't from cats.
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
See my responses to numbers 2 & 3, above.
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?
The easy answer is that the Canaries aren't in the Pacific. Overlooking that error, though, they are named for the wild dogs which Roman traders found when they discovered the islands. The birds were subsequent named for the islands.
7) What was King George VI's first name?
That's too easy a way to make a riddle--almost no members of the Saxe-
Gotha-Coburg dynasty (the "Windsors") have taken their own first name as their regal title. Elizabeht is an exception, and, possible, so will be Charles. Lessee--it wasn't George, right?
8) What color is a purple finch?
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
Found this on-line, dinja, Boss. These aren't real riddles, just someone taking advantage of trivial anomolies. Cute, though.