In what order should one get IT certifications for NetwMang.

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 07:04 pm
The title is the question.
Of course the A+ comes first, got that, but what else is essential and in what order should they be obtained?

Is Network + the only one needed to get in the door?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 955 • Replies: 10
No top replies

fishin

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 07:23 pm
There is no right or wrong sequence. Get them in whatever sequence is easiest for you. Either you have them or you don't. Employers who care about them don't generally care what sequence you got them in.

Most people get them based on what is offered in their area for classes and what their current employer is looking for.

The only advice I would give you is to pick a "track" and stick with it. If you are going to work toward your MCSE, CCIE, Oracle Certifications, etc... pick one. You'll find that you can't keep up with trying to maintain all of them down the road. (well, unless you are willing to not have a life and have a lot of extra money to blow!)
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 07:37 pm
fishin wrote:
There is no right or wrong sequence. Get them in whatever sequence is easiest for you. Either you have them or you don't. Employers who care about them don't generally care what sequence you got them in.

Most people get them based on what is offered in their area for classes and what their current employer is looking for.

The only advice I would give you is to pick a "track" and stick with it. If you are going to work toward your MCSE, CCIE, Oracle Certifications, etc... pick one. You'll find that you can't keep up with trying to maintain all of them down the road. (well, unless you are willing to not have a life and have a lot of extra money to blow!)

I guess with the A+, I'll get the Network then the CCNA, in reference to your comment about staying on one track. I guess that would be the best way to go. cuz the network is all encompassing, getting a base and then getting specific with the other. Thx.

This post seems lazy but I honestly tried to look for a sort of list, wasn't successful............(and I kinda gave up after five minutes)
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 07:39 pm
So, I guess I am lazy.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 07:57 pm
Lazy is good, when it comes to networks.

Make things solid so you don't have to keep fiddling.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 08:06 pm
DrewDad wrote:
Lazy is good, when it comes to networks.

Make things solid so you don't have to keep fiddling.

are you in the field?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 08:07 pm
Yup.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 08:21 pm
You've kindly informed me that laziness can be a good thing in Network management. Very Happy

but what are your thoughts on the above.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:14 am
I'd don't know anything about A+ or Network+. Cisco certs are definitely in demand, but don't stop at CCNA.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 08:28 am
DrewDad wrote:
I'd don't know anything about A+ or Network+. Cisco certs are definitely in demand, but don't stop at CCNA.

preecciate it
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 11:10 am
DrewDad wrote:
I'd don't know anything about A+ or Network+.

That kind of language is just embarassing..... Embarrassed
0 Replies