Worrying Up a Silver Streak

Roberta

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 06:41 pm
Debacle, I agree that the red boa is the perfect accessory for le pickel, but it is the coif blanc that creates the overall effect--stunning to the point of awesome.

dlowan, I shoulda knowed that you'd be the one with the answer. Focusing beam as we speak.

Setanta, You've raised an entirely different streak conundrum. Will focused worry streak a beard? Enquiring minds want to know.

Rae, I'm green with envy at your silver streaks.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 06:46 pm
I noticed that Elizabeth Taylor is now a blond. I think she stopped dying her hair black after she developed the brain tumor. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 07:03 pm
I seem to remember reading something about a correlation between black hair dye, and cancer. Anybody know anything about it?

Found an article. There was some correlation between dark hair dye and leukenia, non-hodgkins lymphoma, and multiple myeloma, but it is not definitive. Have not found anything about hair dye and brain tumors!

Link to Hair Dye Article
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 07:14 pm
There was a report in the literature,a few years back, about a correlation between hair dye and brain tumors. Women who used dark hair dye, statisitically, seemed to be more prone to brain tumor formation than non-hair dyers.

After Eliz Taylor developed her brain tumor, she let her hair go snow white. Now it's white with a yellow glow to it. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

babsatamelia

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2002 07:21 pm
Hello again Roberta! I am going straight
from auburn brown to white white! Alas,
no streaking for me either. I do know a
family who have Cherokee in their genetic
makeup, and each of them is developing
a very polished, distinguished looking
STREAK, in one area, or on both the
sideburn areas. I am fortunate that, at
least - with the way my hair is cut, and
when I put that waxy shiny stuff on it,
my hair looks frosted, instead of white.
But I shall be happy to donate some worries
as I am a genetic worrier also, if you really
think it will help.
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 12:32 am
New Haven and Phoenix, Dark hair dye and diseases? Yipes! Glad I decided to worry myself to another color.

Babs, You're the second person on this thread who has offered me some worries. What a generous lot you a2kers are. Ordinarily, I'd say "sure, send 'em over," but my experiment is to focus my worrying on one thing. Once the experiment is over, I'd be happy to branch out again.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 12:44 am
Roberta, I don't know about worrying in a streak, but good luck!

Rae, I learned that it was either colour my hair and keep it short and styled, or don't colour and let it grow out. Can't do both.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 12:57 am
Roberta ~ I'm looking forward to seeing those gray streaks again ~ as soon as the blonde highlights grow out. Plus, my sister will be able to call me a 'rockin momma' again.....oh jeez!

mckenzie ~ I'm not much for worrying about how my hair looks while it's growing out.....and that it will do. Mine is shoulder length all the way around ~ ponytails and hairclips are my best friends.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 07:18 pm
McKenzie, This is an experiment. So far, nothing.

Rae, Natural streaks! Let 'em grow.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 07:32 pm
Rae's streaks are natural, they blend in with her natural hair color and look frosted! I think they're beautiful, and not because she's my daughter:)

I always find when I admire something in another person, that's the very thing they don't like about themselves!

It's all in the eyes of the beholder, for sure:)
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sun 1 Dec, 2002 08:27 pm
Love my gray streaks now, Mom ~ can't wait for them to come back. :wink:
0 Replies