Worrying Up a Silver Streak

Roberta

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 10:35 pm
It was bound to happen. My very dark hair is becoming sprinkled with silver strands. I like them, but I would really love a streak of silver at the top, front. right.

Worry is said to cause graying. If I worry in a very focused way, will I be able to create a streak? Will it be in the right place? Does worry about different things affect graying in different places? For example, if I focus all my worrying on money, I might end up with a streak in the back of my head. If I worry exclusively about overpopulation, I could end up with a silver streak over my left ear. What should I worry about that will get that streak in exactly the right spot?

Suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 7,369 • Replies: 50
No top replies

bandylu2

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 10:36 pm
If you keep worrying so much about what to worry about, you might wind up with a whole head of silver.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 17 Nov, 2002 10:46 pm
Here's a little song, I wrote
I might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry, be happy
Every life we has some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy
(Don't worry, be happy yeah)
Uh uh uh uh don't worry be happy
I arco place who lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The land lord say your rent is late
Hey may have to lit the gate
Don't worry, be happy (look at me I'm happy)
Uh uh;,don't worry, be happy
(I give you my phone no.
When you worried call me
I make you happy) oh;
Don't worry, be happy
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
In gumble gull to make you smile
But don't worry, be happy
Coz when you worry your face will frown
In that will bring everybody damn
So don't worry, be happy;
Now then, this song I wrote
I hope you learn it note for note
(Like good to children) don't worry, be happy
Listen to what I say in your life inspect some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy;

Bobby McFerrin
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 01:13 am
Bandylu, I wouldn't mind a whole head of silver.

Joanne, Worrying for me is genetic. I'm going to do it anyway, so I might as well but it to good use.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 07:51 am
Roberta- "Don't worry, be happy", and get yourself a hairdresser who is adept at color! Very Happy
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 08:05 am
Hi Roberta
I also am getting a few gray hairs here and there, but if worrying caused gray hair, every hair on my body would be gray, lol. I was born to worry, yet at almost 39 I barely have any gray at all. I think it's genetic since my grandmother who died at 97 had very few gray hairs. My father didn't have much gray either and I was blessed with his hair. On the other hand, my mother went gray very young along with my brother who has the same hair as she does.

This reminds me of a funny story about a conversation I had with one of my best friends years ago. My friend who is 10 years older than I were out on the town one night and somehow our conversation shifted to hair. She already was half gray and colored her hair, but I still had no gray at all (about 8 years ago) and she started talking about how she was going gray in other places, "if you know what I mean". Well, I was shocked! I had never even thought of that. I said " you mean you get gray there too?" and she got a good laugh at my surprise. I guess you had to be there to see the look on my face, but it was funny Laughing
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 08:09 am
Worry?
How fast your hair turns grey depends on your genetics. Many people Shocked , never grey at all.

Others, grey at age 25 years. Look at your parents, and you'll see yourself down the road. Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 08:23 am
At 63, I am just starting to get a tiny bit of grey on the side. My mom, who is 93, has all white hair framing her face, but the back is pepper-salt, still with quite a bit of dark in it.. I should be so lucky. Her hair is gorgeous.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 10:55 am
Hair
Many men and even many women tend to lose hair, besides getting grey hair.
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 11:01 am
I've had grey hair (partly) since I was about 27 or so - my brother was even younger when he started going grey. Now I color my hair but the roots are only partly grey and partly brown (yeah, the honey blonde is fake); my brother is all-grey and pretty distinguished-looking. Keep in mind I'm 40 and he's 43.

But - neither of us are wrinkled, yet I've known folks younger than me with a lot of wrinkles. Then again, we both stay out of the sun and neither of us smoke.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 11:59 am
Your diet will also affect the texture of your skin.

How many over-weight women have wrinkled skin? Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 02:29 pm
Yes, I realize that graying hair and wrinkling is largely genetic. I'm in my midfifties. Those few silver strands are fine with me.

But I want a streak. A Silver Streak. How can I get one without the use of chemicals? I'm guessing I can't.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 02:30 pm
Does it have to be natural if you know what I mean?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 02:37 pm
I'd prefer natural. Don't want to put chemicals on my head.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 02:48 pm
Well then we will have to do some more worrying can I send my worries to you? I have plenty to spare.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 03:02 pm
I'd have settled for gray hair, as opposed to my current headwise lack of same. The only thing I ever found to keep my hair in ... was a little box.

Oh, well, hurryin' 'n' worryin' only hasten yer buryin'.

timber
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 04:39 pm
Hi Roberta!!

I have a white streak on my left upper forehead, but as my hair continues to turn white, it is less apparent; plus, my hair is blond which lessens the dramatic effect.

Since I am an all purpose worrier, I don't have any suggestions for you. If I had just recently gone white, I would blame the Bush administration, but most of it happened before the Shrub.

Jespah, you dye your hair? That gorgeous honey blond isn't natural? I'm so dissillusioned. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 06:20 pm
I'd worry if I ran out of hair colour. I've been colouring my hair longer than I haven't. I started colouring it long before my hair started going grey. If all of my hair would be snow-puff white like my mother and her mother, I'd probably let it go all the way.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 07:10 pm
I found the first grey hairs when I was 17 (my father was totally grey by the age of 30). I left it alone throughout my 20s and 30s because it looked like it was streaked and people admired the colour job! When I reached 40 and my face began to show a few lines, I decided it was time to colour it.

I know it's genetic, but I know, too, that when I was 29 I was hospitalized for a month with a serious illness and when I returned home I had noticeably more white hair than when I went into hospital.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2002 07:12 pm
The thing I have noticed about my greys is that they have a mind of there own. There are not very many but they are thick and curly, yikes.
0 Replies