Is suicide ok?

jnkie

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 06:41 am
Hi.
I have made some really bad choices in my life.Now they are catching up to me.I am so afraid of what will happen,that I have been planning my suicide for a while now.It was supposed to be today,but I am also afraid of what comes next.I have been praying for help and guidance,but I still see suicide as the only real answer.I am on the verge of losing everybody that I care for anyway.Please help me.I dont want to die,but I dont think I deserve to life.

Ragman

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 06:57 am
take your own advice
People who are planning their suicide and are serious don't post online telling about it.

You have problems as we all do...and perhaps yours are in an intense phase right now, but you are standing very close to the problem so you have little, if any, perspective. As you mature, you'll see that with patience and tolerance for your own mistakes this too shall pass.

You have an interesting sig line philosophy. Why not take some of your own advice there:

"You cannot solve a problem with the same thinking that caused the problem in the first place." Albert Einstein
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:00 am
I read this, and given the date, did not respond.
squinney

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:03 am
Read your own signature line.

Whatever has happened, no matter your role in it, is past.

We all make mistakes, go astray, and eventually those things come back around to us. Suicide is not the answer.

As thinking beings, our ego's and thinking patterns can lead us to believe that pain and discomfort are unnatural states. They are not. Pain and discomfort are as natural and necessary as happiness in order for us to to become self-aware.

You are now aware of things you have done in the past being wrong. In your mind, whatever you did is so wrong that your mind has you convinced you no longer deserve to live.

Your hesitation is your true self, your being, your spirit demanding that it does deserve to continue on this earth.

Your mind is not you. Your spirit is. Listen to your spirit.

I don't know how old you are, but with age most of us learn that it is true that "This too shall pass." In hindsight, it is easy to see that what our minds made up to be a huge scary story of what is likely to happen, didn't turn out so badly after all.

You have a choice to make. Do you listen to your soul/spirit/heart and try to make amends? Or, do you listen to the overblown story your mind is making up to scare you and try to escape?

I hope you choose to stay. You are not here by accident. You do not know at this time that you have had or will have in the future a positive impact on the lives of others.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:05 am
true Set.

But I have to side with Ragman.

People who make a big production out of it ( making dates, planning, posting) are not serious. They are looking for attention.

I used to do that same thing when i was a teenager.

I had a will, I had a journal writing about alllll the issues of my life that was supposed to end in my dramatic death.

EEh. Im still here. Because I knew that it really was not worth it. And that I was pumping things up WAAAAYYY beyond what they really were.

Hey.. go see a counsilor. They are free with most churches ( since you claimed to be praying for advice)
Or call your local non emergency number.
They can put you in touch with a suicide hotline who can find you someone to talk to for free.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:06 am
Oh.. and drugs will make you feel depressed.
Especially when you are coming down.

Family does not leave family over a one time mistake on drugs either "jnkie"
0 Replies

jnkie

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:27 am
Thanks.I am not trying to make a big production,I am seeking help.I dont do drugs."Jnkie" is my name and surname with some letters removed.I am 28 and have already dissapointed all I know more than I care to remember.I do not want to commit suicide,but I dont want to life with the consequences of my actions.This is selfish,I know.I am a coward,thats why I am online.I dont think I would be able to talk to anybody in person.The thing is that I have been lying to everybody for well over three years now.My parents are proud of a fraud.My girlfriend uprooted her life to move in with me,because she thinks I am something I'm not.I only recently realized what I have really done.I want to confess,but I cant bring myself to do it.
I regret posting here.Because a few months ago,I would have also ridiculed this post.But now I understand the need to get things out there,so to speak.I do not expect pity.I do not even expect replies.I just needed to practise confessing.
That being said,thanks.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:34 am
It might help a bit if we understood the nature of your fraudulence.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:34 am
You clearly think/know that you have said and done wrong things so work out when they started, why they started.Yuo say you cant talk about things, but how about actions, action speak louder than words, your actions can start to mend any harm thats been caused.
Think of nice things to do to show your sorry.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:36 am
Let's try logic for a second. Obviously this is a cry for help. There's nothing wrong with asking others for help.

You are willing to confess here to thinking about suicide but NOT tell us what you actually did? Why put us in the position of having to drag it out of you? Why not just say whatever it is and not drag this out for your OWN sake if no other reason? What did you do. Please explain. It's probably not all as bad as you think. Then you can realize that and move on to solving the problem.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:37 am
You can't control how anyone responds. You can't control their feelings. You are only responsible for how you respond and feel.

Realizing you are not the person you THINK they THINK you are is a major step towards knowing who you really are. Wow! Most of us don't come to this until much later than 28, if ever. Most people go through their one life living a role they think they have to play to please everyone.

This is a good thing that you are realizing in your self.

You have one life. I don't know who you THINK they THINK you are, but I do know that whatever it is, you are blowing it out of proportion unless you are a serial killer or cannibal or something.

What is the issue? What have you done that would be so disappointing that you think your mother would prefer you dead?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:39 am
I think the choice of forums may be significant.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:58 am
JPB wrote:
I think the choice of forums may be significant.

Care to elaborate on that?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 08:02 am
Well, a couple things come to mind...

Bringing a question about the suitability of suicide to R&S may signify that jnkie is a religious person and wants to be good with his god before doing himself in (not sure how we can grant such dispensation, but...) Or, as has been suggested and now confirmed, jnkie is looking for help, considers himself a fraud who isn't at all what people think he is and I'm guessing that thing may have something to do with his stated religion.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 08:04 am
You hit the nail on the head, JPB. I was tempted to respond at first by pointing out that almost all religions condemn suicide, but then i considered the date, and decided to hold off with a response.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 08:12 am
I'm guessing that since he said his parents would be disappointed and his girlfriend has moved in with him that

1. He's a gay son of religious parents and girlfriend

2. He's of Jewish descent and now believes in Jesus

3. He's claimed to be a Christian to please his parents and girlfriend but doesn't buy all that stuff in his heart

4. What JPB said

... Stop me when I get it, jnkie.

So far, nothing worth killing ones self over no matter how big it seems to you.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 10:30 am
Sadly, I would hope it is not someone who is ashamed of being gay.

THERE IS NOTHING wrong with that.
The only wrong there is , is how people react to it.

But , I dont want to play guessing games either.

If you want help, you need to lay out all pieces of the puzzle .

( Im glad to hear though that it was not drugs, and that 'jnkie' was not a referrance to someone who is addicted) Smile
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 07:58 pm
jnkie

If it's really as bad as you say, and if it can get no worse, then it can only get better. Such a cliche, don't you think? :wink:

If you've hurt someone, disappointed someone, wronged them or otherwise offended, to the point that you now see yourself as undeserving of life, then it just might be that to suffer their cruelest revenge or their harshest judgement is the salvation you need.
0 Replies

curtis73

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2008 09:06 pm
Aside from the possibility of this being an April fools joke, this guy might need real help.

My personal belief (having spoken to many dead people about the subject, including some who have taken their own lives) is that it is up to the soul. If it is the soul's purpose to come incarnate to experience suicide, then yes, its fine. The soul has a handful of exit points. It can choose to exit during any of those points. If you use your mind to decide to extinguish your body, the soul leaves at a point that is not one of those chosen exit points. Basically, the soul is riding along with your body telling you what you need to know, but because most minds aren't tuned into the soul's frequency its kinda like riding a horse and explaining to it why it should turn left. The Soul's journey in your body is much like riding a horse without reigns; you being the horse and the soul being a rider. The soul has no reigns over you, but its there explaining things to you in a language that your mind doesn't really understand. It could understand if religion and science hadn't drummed it out of your mind that feelings, intuition, and meditation allow free communication with the soul. Instead we're taught to listen to the five senses rejecting any unexplainable inputs. Instead we should listen to the SIX senses and listen to ALL inputs. Your senses don't lie to you.

If you commit suicide, its like the horse dying. Now you're stranded in the middle of your journey, you're not at your destination, and you haven't fulfilled your purpose.

That is not to say that souls separated from mind and body via suicide are "damned" or "trapped." We all go to the same place, its just a matter of how your soul arrives there. If it has experienced what it wanted to and exited at one of its destinations, it arrives fresh and "complete." If not it might be a touch confused or unsure.

Its very cliche' and sounds a little cheesy, but a fun and very remedial look at it is the movie "ghost." It is very dramatized and commercial, but it gets some of the basic points. After that, I suggest you read "the wheel of rebirth," and "autobiography of a yogi." Another movie that has some grounding in what actually happens is "what dreams may come." It is a little misleading in that it still references hell which doesn't exist, and their interpretation of what happens to souls after suicide is a bit apocalyptic and dismal, but the rest of the movie is somewhat accurate.

If after that you still feel the need to take your life, read Conversations with God. It will help you see that the stuff you are experiencing is all under your own control and shows you how to alter it for the better.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 12:30 am
shewolfnm wrote:

People who make a big production out of it ( making dates, planning, posting) are not serious. They are looking for attention.

Hmm...I used to think that...but I think my father-in-law was planning for at least a month or two to take his life, and he did it. He spent the last several months writing all kinds of stuff that seems to have been his way of putting his affairs in order. He talked about suicide (claimed he didn't have the guts, but did talk about it) a lot too. I don't think you can be so sure that someone planning and mentioning it never goes through with it.

Jnkie, I hope you're not doing an April Fool's thing, because it's certainly not an okay thing to kid about...

Anyway, assuming you're not kidding, then believe me, it's absolutely NOT okay. It's the worst thing you could do to everyone around you. You leave all of your pain and anguish with them, and they have no way of dealing with it, because you aren't there to talk to anymore.

If you're feeling like you've done bad things, just realize that you can make up for any other mistakes you've made--but taking your life would be the one mistake you could never fix. Please talk to someone if you're serious.
0 Replies