A Brit in The Orient.

Mathos

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 03:15 pm
spendius wrote:
Is there no "Stop and Shag em Junction" on that railway?

This is silly schoolboy childishness.

SHUT UP

And show an element of respect for the Prisoners of War who both suffered and died during the construction of this railroad.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 03:23 pm
This particular photograph was taken from The Vietnamese Temple.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk175/JimmyTheJoint/Kanchanaburi%20and%20River%20Kwai/P1011019-1.jpg

If you look to the hillside in the distance,
the first Temple you can see in the actual mountainside
is the one with the Dragons Mouth entrance
which I placed on here recently.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk175/JimmyTheJoint/Kanchanaburi%20and%20River%20Kwai/P1011009.jpg

I thought this interesting showing the Monk taking a rest on his way up to his quarters.

This photograph of the giant Buddha from a different angle is quite informative as well.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk175/JimmyTheJoint/Kanchanaburi%20and%20River%20Kwai/100_2814.jpg

The smaller figures alongside are also interesting.

One of the problems I find in these Temples is a lack of information regarding what the figures actually represent.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 03:27 pm
It's quite amazing as well what a vast area there is up on the mountain top.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk175/JimmyTheJoint/Kanchanaburi%20and%20River%20Kwai/100_2822.jpg

There is an alternative flight of stairs as well, they lead to a cave in the side of the mountain.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk175/JimmyTheJoint/Kanchanaburi%20and%20River%20Kwai/100_2823-1.jpg

I rang a few of the bells, they make a pleasant sound. It would be far too much if you lived there though, so I didn't over do it.

Some of those Monks must be stone deaf. Laughing

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk175/JimmyTheJoint/Kanchanaburi%20and%20River%20Kwai/100_2875.jpg

The different complexes and variations in architecture and construction make for an extremely interesting place.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk175/JimmyTheJoint/Kanchanaburi%20and%20River%20Kwai/100_2886-1.jpg

I'll leave you with another town shot.

I have quite a bit more to enter up on these Temples.
Matho

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 04:46 am
@Mathos,
Seems to me this Forum has undergone a mighty big cock up and not for the best at all.

Not even got my name right it's MATHOS you dumbo clowns.

Consequently, no avatar, no history, and no visiting again after today.

Nice knowing you folk, I'll repeat this on the Red Rose Thread and that my friends will be it.

Nice knowing you all.

Craven de Kere

Reply Sat 16 Aug, 2008 04:52 am
@Matho,
It's not the site that got your name wrong, you are just logging in with a different account. And despite your insults in your help desk ticket I went and looked up your other account email for you.

Don't let that stop you from leaving but at least accept responsibility for your account mix up. It's not like anyone's forcing you to log in with the wrong account.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 09:33 am
@Matho,

Hey Mathos, the site is undergoing renovations and will come back better and stronger.

As I hope you will.

I lost some valuable PM info when the change hit, but did I spit my dummy out?

Well I did, but I found it again and gave it a wipe.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 09:51 am
@Matho,
Yeah - don't be such a big girl's blouse....
And look - you got a nice pinwheel avatar - in sort of a subtle, classy color and everything...what's your problem Matho?
(you shouldn't have fucked around with extra accounts - it all comes home to roost you know)

(hey - I was gonna come up to the beautiful red rose county and hang out in the pub with you and Flobo one night - but I no longer have that e-mail address you gave me in my pm's (I guess I waited too long to use it) - anyhow - if you get it to me somehow - I'll drive up there and race you guys up one of those mountains in the Peake district or something.

*edited to say- don't you guys xxxx out the profanity anymore? Can I say the f word or will my reputation suffer for that?
Rockhead

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 10:22 am
@aidan,
You can swear like a sailor, dearie...

Mathos, quit being a weenie, and come play.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 06:32 pm
@aidan,
Hi Aidan nice to see you back, I like your style, call a spade a spade, you've gone up another notch in my book. Smile

Have sent Mathos a message and sincerely hope he'll change his mind, to good a family member to lose from the threads, one of the best!
aidan

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 06:52 pm
@Dutchy,
Hey Dutchy - I was happy to see you over on acronyms today - I was thinking - where's Dutchy? Now that I don't see your name on the trivia threads because I don't get to see the trivia threads anymore-(why are they so unpopular - I feel like giving acronyms a bunch of thumbs up - I think it's an EXTREMELY enterntaining thread). Anyway it felt like you weren't here - or that if you were, I didn't know where you might be, because I don't get to see your name as much.

Thanks for the lovely welcome back. I'll be in and out until around the 15th of September when my stuff arrives in the UK and I can get unpacked for the first time since June 28th.

I'm back in the US right now -found my house and bought a car, but my stuff isn't coming for another three weeks, so I came back to visit with my family (my dad had to have surgery). But anyway, right now I can use my sister's computer. I'm flying back to the UK on the 26th. I'll be SO happy to get settled again. I like to travel but two and a half months of living out of a suitcase is wearing thin.

As for Mathos, even if he was a bad boy - that was always part of his charm. (Rudeness is inexcusable though...)
I mean, I probably wouldn't want to have to be his mom or his wife - but he was fun to pal around with on the internet...larger than life and all that.

I hope he comes back too...I wanted to check out his garden and meet Flobo

(We're talking about you Matho...)
ehBeth

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 06:53 pm
@Matho,
you logged in using the wrong account

don't be a pumpkin

try again
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2008 06:57 pm
@aidan,
Aidan, you can set your A2K so you see all.

Ask Betheh, she's smarter then me...

(I had smart guests at the appropo time... Wink )

Matho, reiterating, quit being a weenie, Spendi is getting a big head...)
Linkat

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 03:50 pm
@Matho,
And just to think you will miss out on my new avator
Dutchy

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 04:29 pm
@Linkat,
I think we've lost him guys!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 05:10 pm
@Rockhead,
Rocky wrote-

Quote:
Spendi is getting a big head...)

It's funny you should say that Rocky because I was six weeks premature and emerged an emerald green colour, not expected to see the dawn, and the doctor told my mother that labour pains began when a lady felt that the head was getting too big to comfortably pass through the birth canal.
spendius

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 05:13 pm
@spendius,
That partially explains my "take no prisoners" position on the abortion issue.

Only partly.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2008 02:30 pm
Fancy grovelling like that to Mathos and it not working. That's pretty undignified.
0 Replies