Word processing right to left

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 01:07 pm
I am studying Hebrew, and would like to be able to use my computer, but can't figure out how to make it write from right to left. I know there's software for the Hebrew alphabet, but that still reads like the Roman alphabet.

I know there are Hebrew keyboards, even at least one that has both Roman and Hebrew letters on the keys, but how would one use this to write words in the appropriate direction?

Any helpful suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 784 • Replies: 3
No top replies

contrex

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 01:32 pm
How to enable right-to-left language support for Word 2003 and Word 2002 on computers that are running on Windows Server 2003, on Windows XP, or on Windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311015

Covers word processing, language packs and making Windows menus and dialogs appear in right to left languages.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 04:24 pm
Word processing right to left
Thanks, contrex. I've printed out the instructions and will see what I can do.

I assume that I'll be able to switch back and forth from English to Hebrew fairly easily?
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 04:28 pm
Re: Word processing right to left
Tomkitten wrote:
I assume that I'll be able to switch back and forth from English to Hebrew fairly easily?

Search me, sport, I just found it via Google. I do use the Language Bar to switch between Spanish, French and English and I can switch easily enough, so I would think the answer is "yes", but maybe an Arabic or Hebrew user can tell us?
0 Replies