UN and Nato troops clash with Serbs in Kosovo

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 04:00 pm
oralloy wrote:
We haven't heard the last of the Bosnian Serbs either.

Now that Kosovo has seceded from Serbia, it is only a matter of time before the Republic of Srpska declares independence.

About 500,000 Serbs are living Germany ...
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2008 10:25 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:
We haven't heard the last of the Bosnian Serbs either.

Now that Kosovo has seceded from Serbia, it is only a matter of time before the Republic of Srpska declares independence.

About 500,000 Serbs are living Germany ...

I don't think you have anything to worry about in Germany.

The Republic of Srpska might secede from Bosnia. I'd be really surprised if they don't. But I'd have thought they'd have already done so, so maybe they won't.

The Serbs in northern Kosovo are definitely going to leave Kosovo and stay with Serbia. It seems they'll have to kill a lot of NATO soldiers first though.

There is a small chance that Serbian areas of Croatia might secede, but I think that's unlikely.

I don't see Serbian secessions happening anywhere else.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 11:56 pm
oralloy wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
oralloy wrote:
However, NATO has decided to tell the Serbs in northern Kosovo that they have to secede along with the rest of Kosovo.

Really? When?

Not sure of the exact date, but I presume from the first day of Kosovo's secession.

Quote:
BRUSSELS -- Serbia on Monday formally proposed dividing newly independent Kosovo along ethnic lines, a move that was immediately rebuffed by Kosovo's ethnic Albanian leadership in Pristina.

The proposal, submitted to the United Nations, is the culmination of a campaign by Serbia to entrench its political and administrative control over the northern part of Kosovo, which has a Serbian majority. Analysts said it was a largely symbolic gesture. Kosovo's leaders have said they will not accept partition, and European countries and the United States would reject such a proposal at the United Nations Security Council.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/25/world/europe/25kosovo.html
0 Replies

Kayyam

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 12:47 am
oralloy, You give a one-sided account (without specifics) as if the Serbian Kosovars and their allies never did anything wrong and the Albanian Kosovars never did anything right. One thing is certain, this is not a representative picture.

Anywho, I am interested to know how the Kosovar regime plans to move forward from here. What are its goals? How will it protect its minorities? What constitutional and political system will it establish? What will its relationship be with NATO?

/Kayyam
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 02:05 am
Kayyam wrote:
oralloy, You give a one-sided account (without specifics) as if the Serbian Kosovars and their allies never did anything wrong and the Albanian Kosovars never did anything right. One thing is certain, this is not a representative picture.

Can you point out one thing I said that is inaccurate?

Kayyam wrote:
Anywho, I am interested to know how the Kosovar regime plans to move forward from here. What are its goals? How will it protect its minorities? What constitutional and political system will it establish? What will its relationship be with NATO?

The Kosovar regime would like to commit genocide against their Serbian minorities. NATO will stay in Kosovo to protect the Serbs from being massacred.
0 Replies

Kayyam

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2008 11:58 pm
As far as I am concerned, everything you wrote is inaccurate until proven otherwise.

/Kayyam
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 07:37 am
Kayyam wrote:
As far as I am concerned, everything you wrote is inaccurate until proven otherwise.

/Kayyam

In other words, your anti-Serbian bigotry will not let you acknowledge how the west has mistreated the Serbs.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 09:42 am
The Serbs made their own bed, and now are whining about being obliged to lie in it.
0 Replies