Flexi-Bar

urs53

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 02:41 pm
I just got a new fitness tool - it's called the Flexi-Bar. Click here for more information about it.

Does anybody have some experience with the Flexi-Bar? I printed out the exercises from the internet. It's really a different way of exercising. Let me know what you think.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,197 • Replies: 19
No top replies

roger

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 03:34 pm
Never saw one before. Wish I had an opinion, but yours will be the one that matters in a few weeks.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:41 pm
I never saw one before either..it certainly looks interesting.
Let us know how it works for you.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:42 pm
Oh, it's for excersise?

Hmmm
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 04:47 pm
Craven was hoping it was for...nevermind.

Anyway, it would help if the website was in English. Looks like another cardio excercise tool.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 06:17 pm
when will you ppl stop wasting your money on BS and realize the way to get in shape is hard work and strict diet theres no secret.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 06:38 pm
I guess you don't know urs, safecracker.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 02:52 am
Slappy, click on the British flag in the upper right hand corner.

Well, Craven, I guess you can use it for other things also. I know you are creative...

Safecracker, I've been working out for more than 20 years. You are absolutely right. But why not have an open mind for new things? This was recommended to me by a very good physio therapist. I am usually a bit hesitant trying new fitness gadgets. I love my weights! But she really knows what she's talking about.

Anyway, BigDice and I are impressed by that thing and will let you know what it does - in my case in addition to my regular gym workouts.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 02:53 am
Thanks, fbaezer :-)
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 04:16 am
look into kinetics...theres my basis......science my dear Smile
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 07:32 am
Oh boy, Safecracker. And I thought this was just an innocent little sports questions... And here you go and throw science at me. I will think about it!
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 03:25 pm
sports and science go hand and hand Smile you must understand what muscles are worked in what exercises and how the human body works to get results thats science......I like to be practical with training i know that works and has proof it does so Smile
0 Replies

c

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 10:30 am
Hi

I just bought one of these, but im finding it really difficult to get the coordination right. I must be doing something wrong, but it just keeps stopping and starting.

Ive watched the DVD that came with it, but they dont really go into detail about exactly how to keep it going.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
0 Replies

c

Reply Wed 16 Nov, 2005 10:36 am
Having trouble keeping the flexi bar going
HI I just bought a flexi bar, but im finding it really difficult to get the coordination right so it just keeps stopping and starting.

I know i must be doing something wrong and its really annoying me because i cant get the hang of it!

Can anyone give me any tips?

Thanks
0 Replies

clanger

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 11:35 am
flexi-bar
regarding the flexi-bar;what exactly is meant to"contract" your stomach muscles when using the bar? it's trying to exact this that is loosing the rhythm for me.any ideas?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 04:20 pm
That looks interesting...I notice it says it helps with back pain, I've been having a lot of that lately, so I'm interested in how it worked out for you, Urs...?

I see you started this thread in '03, and then no more, does that mean you didn't like it?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 5 Feb, 2006 04:23 pm
Yes, urs, I would really like your opinion of this thing.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 03:00 pm
I did like the thing - but the rooms in our appartment are too small to use it properly. I keep banging against furniture, floor, walls, ceiling...

They had a special class in the gym that I used to go to. But I hate group activities... However, I think it helps to get some kind of introduction - more than just a video.

Meanwhile, I stopped going to the gym and BigDice and I are now working out here: Powerplate

The guy who runs the place in our street now is trying our Flexi-Bar. I think he likes it, too!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 03:07 pm
Re: flexi-bar
clanger wrote:
regarding the flexi-bar;what exactly is meant to"contract" your stomach muscles when using the bar? it's trying to exact this that is loosing the rhythm for me.any ideas?

Tightening your muscles. Instead of "letting it all hang out" you contract the muscles, and hold your stomach in.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 6 Feb, 2006 05:29 pm
I don't like group activities, either.
0 Replies