Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 04:49 pm
I'm with you, brother. Praise be da' lawd!!!

I am kind of the Jesus guru on this forum. I dedicate my life to spreading the word of Jesus, including going door to door with flyers & pamphlets, I live in a hut, because mass consumption is evil, and I will wait for my virgin wife before I give myself away to a woman.

I was strongly considering priesthood, however I do not enjoy the intimate company of small boys.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 05:07 pm
Slap is a saint . . . i Saint i tell ya . . . Saint Slappy . . . by god, it just makes me weep . . .
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 06:07 pm
False prophets.

Don't take any notice.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 06:16 pm
the housing markets didn't take any notice of false profits and look what happened
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 12:13 am
Re: JESUS RULES
JJE wrote:
i believe in jesus and i think all you **** should too.

if you don't then you will all go to hell and burn with mother teresa and gandhi.

he died for you! how dare you turn on him after all he did for you!

SHITHEADS!!!

Because of what you are spewing I cannot blame people for not wanting anything to do with "so called Christians." Perhaps these scriptures will help you with controlling your speech:

[quote]Ephesians 4:29 "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."[/quote]

[quote]1 Peter 3:10 "For, Whoever would love life and see good days must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech." [/quote]

You spout Jesus out of one side of your mouth and cuss out of the other. Don't you know what the Bible says about this:

[quote]James 3:10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. 11 Can both fresh water and salt[a] water flow from the same spring? 12 My brothers, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.[/quote]

What kind of a witness for Christ are you? Did Jesus go around calling people what you did?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 12:43 am
Ooh, those are some very fitting quotes, Arella! Sorry, JJE, but you just got Bible served...
0 Replies

curtis73

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 05:15 am
Arella Mae wrote:
Because of what you are spewing I cannot blame people for not wanting anything to do with "so called Christians."

Arella and I don't always see eye to eye, but this is what always reminds me that Arella is a learned and respected debater. Kudos, chum. Your objective nature is always welcome Smile
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 07:54 am
I appreciate the kudos but don't deserve them really. When I first came to A2K my attitude wasn't quite what it is now. Thanfully, someone on this forum took the time to explain a few things to me and provided me with scripture to prove their point. I will forever be grateful to that person because I was one being responsible for people sometimes not wanting anything to do with so called Christians.

JJE, I pray that you take those verses to heart. We should never be unteachable or unreachable. :wink:
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 08:39 am
curtis73 wrote:
Arella Mae wrote:
Because of what you are spewing I cannot blame people for not wanting anything to do with "so called Christians."

Arella and I don't always see eye to eye, but this is what always reminds me that Arella is a learned and respected debater. Kudos, chum. Your objective nature is always welcome Smile

Actually, it was quite obvious from the start that everyone knew this was a 13 year old troll, which is why no one took him seriously.

No one was offended, because people are intelligent enough to know the difference between some kid and a real spewer.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 08:43 am
So a 13 year old child should be allowed to go around calling people names such as this one did and we just shouldn't take them seriously? I'm 52. If my mother heard me call anyone a name like that she'd still knock me into next Tuesday. I highly doubt many parents on this forum would allow their children to do such a thing.

It seems etiquette and civility are becoming extinct in many of today's children. That is not a good thing.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 09:17 am
Arella Mae wrote:
So a 13 year old child should be allowed to go around calling people names such as this one did and we just shouldn't take them seriously? I'm 52. If my mother heard me call anyone a name like that she'd still knock me into next Tuesday. I highly doubt many parents on this forum would allow their children to do such a thing.

It seems etiquette and civility are becoming extinct in many of today's children. That is not a good thing.

You're changing the subject.

We're not talking about whether a 13 year old should be allowed to do this.

You were addressing this person on the level of someone asking what kind of witness to christ they are, and suggesting reading for him.

ok, bottom line...we KNOW this wasn't some christian, we weren't fooled, or annoyed, we were having fun.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 09:25 am
Chai wrote:
You're changing the subject.

We're not talking about whether a 13 year old should be allowed to do this.

You were addressing this person on the level of someone asking what kind of witness to christ they are, and suggesting reading for him.

ok, bottom line...we KNOW this wasn't some christian, we weren't fooled, or annoyed, we were having fun.

I get where you are coming from Chai and nothing wrong with a little fun. However, God is not to be taken lightly. This particular poster may be just 13 years old but I know plenty of people who profess to be Christians that do exactly as he has done on this thread and quite frankly, it sickens me.

If we only had "fun" with this, then the poster would most likely consider his behavior appropriate, which it is not.

There are so many non-believers and ex-Christians out there who will state this very behavior as to why they want nothing to do with God or Christianity. Like I said, I can't say that I blame them.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 09:40 am
Arella Mae wrote:
God is not to be taken lightly.

And neither should Santa Claus. Which is why when little kids start acting up, you call Santa so he'll bring less presents.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 10:18 am
In case any one has not noticed:

JJ is gone.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 12:00 pm
my goodness, you're right.

i never would have noticed.
0 Replies

JJE

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 05:20 am
i'm not gone. was reading what y'all was saying. can't help my language, i was brought up thinking that was ok. as for god, i do believe, just really frustrated that nobody else does!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 05:31 am
well then, if you can't help it, I guess there's nothing you can do.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2008 06:19 am
JJE wrote:
i'm not gone. was reading what y'all was saying. can't help my language, i was brought up thinking that was ok. as for god, i do believe, just really frustrated that nobody else does!

JJE- Why do you find it important that other people believe as you do? Does having a group of people nodding their heads in agreement with you make you feel more secure in your beliefs? If so, maybe you really need to rethink your reasons for believing what you do.

There are many good, upstanding people who have many different ideas about their place in the universe. Maybe if you would take the time to learn about these differences, you would understand that one person's concept is not necessarily the truth, although they might find comfort in a particular belief.

You say that you feel "frustrated" because you think others do not believe as you do. Why? How does what other people believe have any impact on your beliefs?

How were you raised? Sometimes, people who were brought up by by parents who have narrow views, become uncomfortable when they start to grow up and realize that maybe what they have been hearing all these years from their parents might not be the "last word". In effect, what had been a safe, understandable, comfortable world, becomes frightening, as one has to make up one's own mind.

It is a long journey, but when you question, question, question, it is ultimately much more satisfying.

I also find it curious, that as a religious person, you accept the premise that it is ok for you to behave to people in a disrespectful way. I do not believe in a god, or Jesus, (except as a possible historical figure) but I would not dream of being as nasty as you have come off. You say that you were brought up thinking that this kind of behavior is acceptable. Is that an acceptable excuse?

If you were brought up in a house full of thieves, would you consider stealing ok? Maybe you need to think through the messages that were given to you by your parents when you were growing up. Remember, you have your own mind, and it is yours to figure things out. You don't have to accept something, just because your parents said so. Having your own mind is the mark of a grownup.
0 Replies

rockpie

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 04:35 am
i think i can kind of understand what JJ is getting at. i used to be a christian like JJ, and i suppose you could say that i felt frustration at the fact that i thought i had found the truth, but nobody else could see it, is that what your saying JJ?

i am now an atheist, so JJ, my advice is not to get comfortable with your beliefs, and don't thrust them upon others, at least not until you have challenged them yourself and have answers to all the arguments that you will have to deal with. question yourself, what you believe, especially what others tell you to believe.

then you can make a clear conclusion on what YOU think is true, but even then, you must remember that doesn't mean its true for everyone.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 11 Mar, 2008 06:51 am
JJE wrote:

Yes, you can help your language. Saying you were brought up that way is only an excuse to continue what you are doing. As we age, we are supposed to mature and learn. If you believe in God, then do you believe in the Bible? I posted scripture to help you with your language.

Not everyone believes the same way JJE. I don't believe anyone believes or even knows 100% of the 100% truth. But, we learn as we study. Let God lead others to the truth. We merely plant the seeds. God gives the increase.
0 Replies