“I love the smell of napalm in the morning”

coberst

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 04:48 am
The logic contained in killing others in order to protect our own life makes clear anything that may puzzle us regarding the frequency of war in human history. When I kill an enemy and thereby affirm the power of my life, then, certainly the staging of massive life-and-death struggles affirms our whole society. The outsider ponders known incidents when the mob delighted in watching the prolonged death of someone; we need not ponder if we comprehend sapiens' drive to survive. "They are weak and die; we are strong and live." "My God is stronger than your God".Considering our propensity for war do you think that we will ever control this urge to settle differences by killing our opponent?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 666 • Replies: 4
No top replies

akaMechsmith

Reply Fri 29 Feb, 2008 11:35 am
I am afraid not but it costs nothing to hope that we will Sad

Humans are primarily social animals with enough intelligence to form societies. The society once formed is subject to the same laws of evolution that the lowest form of life is. The society may be called Catholic, Capitalist, Republican, sponge or any other other differentiating name it may devise for itself.

The surest, quickest way to eliminate a competing society (or species) is to kill it, and preferably eat it. Another way to supplant a competing society is to out breed it. Educating (taming) the competing society is a bit slower but (IMO) is our best hope.

Currently in the U.SA. the Latin Catholic society is attempting to supplant the established Northern European derived society by immigration and breeding successes. In Great Britain, France and Germany the Levantine society is attempting to supplant the established Northern European one using similar methods.

At some time in the future the Northern European society will probably attempt to ensure its own survival by violent means. Darwin explained it quite satisfactorily I'm afraid. You'd think that we could do better Exclamation
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 05:51 pm
They were begging for it. It's not self actualization to render ourselves vulnerable and take the hits - it ain't that easy and the pansies what say we should would be ****-out-of-luck without their cell phones.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2008 07:16 pm
Push/Pull....aggression/cooperation....this is the back and forth rhythm of individual man and thus society. War is the natural order of things, but it comes from the soul, not the ego. The rationalizations come after the fact.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2008 08:47 pm
akaMechsmith wrote:
I am afraid not but it costs nothing to hope that we will Sad

Humans are primarily social animals with enough intelligence to form societies. The society once formed is subject to the same laws of evolution that the lowest form of life is. The society may be called Catholic, Capitalist, Republican, sponge or any other other differentiating name it may devise for itself.

The surest, quickest way to eliminate a competing society (or species) is to kill it, and preferably eat it. Another way to supplant a competing society is to out breed it. Educating (taming) the competing society is a bit slower but (IMO) is our best hope.

Currently in the U.SA. the Latin Catholic society is attempting to supplant the established Northern European derived society by immigration and breeding successes. In Great Britain, France and Germany the Levantine society is attempting to supplant the established Northern European one using similar methods.

At some time in the future the Northern European society will probably attempt to ensure its own survival by violent means. Darwin explained it quite satisfactorily I'm afraid. You'd think that we could do better Exclamation

A simpler solution is just breed with equal fecundity. I think that may not work in the western nations, since careers and a consumer oriented existence may be more important than raising children? But, I'm an optimist, in that, in the U.S., people may retain their respective religions, but assimilate into an American culture.
0 Replies