aidan

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 11:51 pm
@firefly,
Grannie relishes a nice outdoor Louisiana AUCTION...advising, 'Unless CARLTON's truly incredible, offer ninety.'

(This is one of those bachelor auctions for charity a grandmother has taken her young adult granddaughter to when they have a day out together)

Dutchy

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 01:17 am
@aidan,
CARLTON

cheeky aidan relishes long traditional OUTINGS nightly.
aidan

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 02:12 am
@Dutchy,
OUTINGS
cheeky aidan relishes long traditional OUTINGS nightly ...or unscheduled trysts in north Galway, SCOTLAND.

Laughing
(I'm making that up - I've never been to Galway)
Good morning/evening Dutchy.

Do you happen to know if it would be bad etiquette not to wear a hat to a casual wedding here in England? I know they all seem to wear hats at weddings and I asked the bride if it was casual or formal - it's casual - they're having a pig roast at the pub next door to the church, but do you think that still means I'd have to wear a hat?
If so - I need to go buy one and quickly - the wedding's at noon and I don't own that sort of hat.

Anyway the word is: SCOTLAND
spendius

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 04:15 am
@aidan,
If you're going into church a hat is correct.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 4 Sep, 2010 09:05 am
@aidan,
SCOTLAND

Since chewing on Thelma's LEOTARD Alf's nearly delerious.
aidan

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 02:15 am
@spendius,
LEOTARD

Little elves often tiptoe around resembling DO-GOODERS.

(I learned that in Brownies).
I brought a hat to the church just in case - only the mothers of the bride and groom wore them though. Some women wore jeans - I guess casual really means casual. It was a lovely wedding - the bride was beautiful and the groom was overwhelmed with emotion...a lovely, happy sort of emotion and a beautiful day for them both. Thanks for your help though - it's always better to be prepared I think.

The word is DO-GOODERS
Sturgis

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 03:49 am
@aidan,
DO-GOODERS

dweebish oafs get off on drinking effervescent RAINWATER sloppily.
spendius

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 04:06 am
@Sturgis,
RAINWATER

Remote ACTUARIES invariably note well all the exterior resemblances.
Dutchy

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 05:10 am
@spendius,
ACTUARIES

alfie's caught taking unusual articles, repeatedly IMPALPABLE examplars secretly.

*Apologies Aidan for not answering your question above, I note Spendius did so, but I would have been unable to. I can only speak for downunder where strict dress rules dress rules are a thing of the past, wear what you like seems to be the general attitude now.
spendius

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 06:47 am
@Dutchy,
IMPALPABLE

I made PATRICIA a large Pimms and before long---eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!

The basic rule for ladies' dress at weddings is that none should attempt to distract attention from the bride. "Wear what you like" opens the door to attention seekers and other recalcitrant, rebellious malcontents. Then respect is drained from the ceremony and the institution.
aidan

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 08:19 am
@spendius,
PATRICIA

Please apply THEMATIC recapitulation in compositionally inserted adagios.

That's okay Dutchy. I thought maybe since Australia is still part of the British commonwealth that some of your customs would be more similar than those of Americans and Brits.
The wedding was lovely. Everyone in the village showed up as the couple who were marrying run the village shop. There were people of all ages dressed from jeans to gowns-it felt like something out of a Thomas Hardy novel- except that I doubt they had steel drum bands back then.
spendius - no one could have upstaged the bride. She wore an off the shoulder, white satin wedding gown with a sparkly veil and as she is a beautiful person inside and out - she personified the word 'radiant'. She looked like something from a fairy tale.
It was a very happy day and I'm very happy for her - her husband is a nice guy too.

The word is THEMATIC (I'll stop talking about the wedding now).
spendius

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 01:51 pm
@aidan,
THEMATIC

These happy emblems make a thoughtful INNOCENT conservative.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 01:58 pm
@spendius,
interestingly nobody noticed olivia CLIMBING emus nervously thursday
McTag

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 02:17 pm
@Sturgis,

CLIMBING

Certainly, loose innards may bring instant notoriety, guys.
Diane

Reply Sun 5 Sep, 2010 11:23 pm
@McTag,
Ned of Texas on riverboat is eating the YARDARM.
ragnel

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 12:45 am
@Diane,
YARDARM

Young and restless daughters are risking MOTHERHOOD
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 12:48 am
@Diane,
YARDARM

Yesterday, a rather dashing Apache rodeoed MUSTANGS.

sorry - you pipped me Ragnel

MOTHERHOOD

Mary's older twin has EXQUISITE red hair - other one's dark.
ragnel

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 01:45 am
@aidan,
EXQUISITE

Erudite xylophonists quintessentially understand Italian SERENADING is terrifically entertaining
Diane

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 04:02 am
@ragnel,
Senor Escobar really entertained, not abiding desolute, INTRUSIVE, negative grumbling.
Dutchy

Reply Mon 6 Sep, 2010 04:29 am
@Diane,
INTRUSIVE

intimate NOCTURNAL trysts require universal secret immodesty vigorously exciting.