I Don't Care Much For Cats

Diane

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 04:07 pm
Oh dear, hardly back in the saddle again, is it, poor old bear?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 09:56 am
Diane wrote:
Oh dear, hardly back in the saddle again, is it, poor old bear?

hardly. correct.

Here's a question for you cat people... is it okay to scoop the poop and flush it down the toilet? someone told me it was okay so I did but I don't think my toilet cared much for it. In addition, this cat puts down a turd as big as another cat, not to be too delicate.

Last night I fell asleep on the couch and I had just read an article linking urinary tract infections being passed from pets to owners. while I'm sleeping this little **** walks up to my face and sneezed, covering my chin and mouth with cat spit and snot. I must be slowing down because in older times the cat would be dead for waking me up like that. Instead I came off the couch like a shot, washed my face with anit bacterial soap ands brushed my teeth REALLY thoroughly. then I went to bed. Puss meowed at the bedroom door to come in, but I told him to go f**k himself.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:15 am
You've probably heard that pet owners and pets begin to resemble each other the longer they are together ..... well?

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/6/6f/180px-Billthecat.jpg

Very Happy
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:26 am
I don't smoke...
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:54 am
Excellent ... cats need a strong roll model. Bill (the cat) tried switching to brownies but he put on 12 pounds, plus he could not handle the sugar buzz.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:56 am
I love dogs and can't stand cats... Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 11:02 am
what you do in the privacy of your home is your business...
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 11:31 am
Coming back to your question, BPB - I would say this depends on what kind of cat litter you are using and are you flushing that with the cat poop. We use the cristal type so what we scoop out of the litter box is really just poop, no cat litter. I always flush that down the toilet. I dare say that the cats do not have bigger output than humans... However, if you use clumping cat litter (if that is what it's called in English) and you flush this also, that sounds like a problem to me!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 11:36 am
thanks.. I really didn't pay attention to what kind it is... I'll see if there are any precaution warnings on the box...the only litter that flushed was the little bit clingng to the....uh..... product...
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 11:41 am
That shouldn't be a problem.
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 12:49 pm
Cats are easily entertained.....

http://www.swapmeetdave.com/Humor/Cats/KlibanCradle.jpg
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2008 10:24 pm
Check the box of litter. If it is flushable it will actually say so. Kind of like if something is dishwasher safe - if it doesn't actually state that it is you're better off assuming it isn't.

Some of the clumping litters are and some a very most definitely NOT!

If it is the clay pebble type I would sat probably not.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 09:51 am
Bear
Question: Can you flush kitty litter down the toilet with cat waste matter?

Answer: No! Cat faeces can contain a parasite, toxoplasma gondii, which can harm sea mammals. Flushing cat waste has been linked to the death of sea otters, whales and porpoises in the US and the UK. The parasite can survive sewage treatment and then travel down rivers until it gets to the sea. The only safe way to dispose of it is via land fill or incineration

Try searching "cat litter otter toxoplasma" for more information.
http://cats.about.com/cs/parasiticdisease/a/seaotters.htm

BBB
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 10:27 am
But, but, but...

If they poop in the woods or it goes to the landfill, doesn't it end up in the ground water anyway?

And, the gabillions of gulls at our landfill, don't they carry it to a water source one way or another?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 10:38 am
We had a woman in the apartments who flushed it down. Not a good idea with low flow toilets, at least in this case. It kept the line beneath the toilet constantly clogged. After months of a joint effort trying to keep the toilet flushing, she decided to leave us over it. We did not discover that cat litter was the cause, until the day the angry woman moved out.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2008 12:58 pm
Miller wrote:

Hmmmmm....that makes SOOOOO much sense.
0 Replies

Debacle

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 07:30 pm
dlowan wrote:
Miller wrote:

Hmmmmm....that makes SOOOOO much sense.

Oooo oui, mon ami, I cood doo suzh wannafal, wannafal zings foa yooo.
0 Replies