0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 07:10 pm
Great, now Stinky wants a bird....
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 07:25 pm
I think that couple are witches.

The crow is the mans familiar, the kitten is the womans.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 07:33 pm
Dante the cat already has a bird, Fred, the conure.

Dante weighs 15 lbs. Fred weighs a few ounces. Fred is undoubtedly the alpha male.

Dante does not want anymore birds.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 04:38 pm
squinney wrote:
Cause he's a pussy freak?

Laughing

High Seas - Stephen is his son, aged 25. Special needs, but able to be alone for some period of time without incidence.

He loves cats. He stopped by today to show me a picture of his new cat that he had taken on his cell phone during their introductory visit. He's very happy about having a companion. He'll take good care of the cat. The cat will provide him some love and comfort, and vice-versa.

I'm glad Bear made this decision for Stephen.

It'll be okay.

Thanks so much, Squinney - knowing how much you and your family love animals, you'll understand that only the mention of helping someone act with more responsibility (in original post) worried me somewhat. Of course, you should know, so thanks again for setting me straight.

As to Bear's advice I shouldn't leave my day gig to become a detective - LOL, suddenly had this vivid picture of me dressed in a pink panther outfit! Maybe we can throw a "menagerie" party and show up dressed accordingly. All the best to you both, Stephen, kittycat, and related menagerie Smile

P.S. and thanks also to the person who sent me a PM.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:07 pm
well we brought him home... he was pretty nervous in the truck... got out of the carrier and shed like I can't describe... brought him in and am giving him the run of the house to explore his new surroundings.... if he wants attention we'll let him come to us.... first thing he did... went to the litter box and took a dump the size of a loaf of bread that smelled something like a cross between an anchovies ass and opening draculas' tomb... then proceeded to puke his weight onto the carpet. Stephen looked at me and I told him "Hey dude, your cat". Laughing

got him some paper towels and some oyx clean spot remover and put him to work.

the lady who brought him in to the shelter brought his bed, blanket and cat treats in to use. That will comfort him I'm sure.

is name is sonny but we are changing his name. I don't know what Stephen will decide to call him but he's the third cat I've lived with. The first two were Puss 1 and Puss 2, so you can guess what I'm going to call him.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:17 pm
When I first read your post, I thought it said "he was pretty nervous in the trunk"
...and I was thinking I would be too Shocked

I had to read it again Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 05:19 pm
I reserve the trunk for the girls I carry out of the club and they're usually too drunk to be nervous.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 08:42 pm
another happy chappy cat-owner!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 01:37 am
So Sephen is being broken in rapidly!

Funny how cats and dogs shed enormous amounts of fur when they're nervous. Too bad he shed from each end also...
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 05:17 am
The vomiting was probably due to the anesthesia (He did just get "fixed.") truck ride and nerve combo.

Poor Puss.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 08:42 am
I can't believe it. I like Puss. He's a sweet cat. Affectionate but not a pain the ass about it. Went directly to the scratching post and used it... doesn't seem the destructive type, very calm. I left my bedroom door open this morning, which I normally don't do and I woke to find him curled up next to me but none of that in your face nonsense.

Stephen loves him. this may work out.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 10:30 am
BPB--

You are a survivor. Therefore you are capable of adapting to outrageous circumstances.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 10:39 am
Bear, that's so sweet. I'm so happy for Stephen.

Poor Puss is right, Squinney. I didn't realize he had just been "fixed." What a traumatic combination.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 01:38 pm
Puss and Stephen sound like a good match.

Bear, it's all over now. As much as you'll try to convince everyone how much you hate cats, it just won't have that same convincing ring anymore.

Haha, another one bites the dust! or another one converted to the lovableness of such great little fur balls
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 02:19 pm
The cat is probably cuddling up to BPB's testosterone. One of these dark and stormy nights.....

....the cat will pounce.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 02:32 pm
Hee, hee, mushypancakes, you are soooo right!

Noddy, for one of the most literate, erudite gentlewomen on a2k, I love how your mind has ways of producing the most graphic mental images...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 03:10 pm
Diane--

Thanks for the kind words.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2008 03:31 pm
squinney already asked me how I liked waking up with new pussy...
0 Replies