I Don't Care Much For Cats

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 03:42 pm
but BPB JR loves them and so I got him one today from the shelter. Since squinney and I separated Stephen is alone a lot more than I'd like while I'm working and I'm hoping the cat will keep him company, and also help him advance n responsibility.

Its an 18 month old short hair yellow and white cat named Sunny.

His previous owner says he's very calm and gentle and when we spent some time with him in the "get acquainted" room he was very sweet. He even got off Stephen's lap and came to me and licked my face. Cats like me, or they know that when they get in my face I don't care for it, one of the two. Anyway he seems like a nice cat and after they take his balls off Thursday we're bringing him home Friday. Stephen is excited.

I promise not to torture him Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,313 • Replies: 56
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 05:57 pm
Don't get on this bus
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 06:32 pm
i grew up with a lot of cats around , but they were all "working" cats .
they were kept in the warehouses to chase down the rats and mice .
someone actually had a job to feed the cats every day - they were given plenty of milk , boiled offal (heart etc) and boiled fish .
they usually woudn't eat their catch . one of the cats had the habit of lining up the nightly catch in front of my parents' bedroom - she expected and received a special treat .
i still like cats but think they are best off outside , unless they used to be inside when they are kittens .
hbg
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 06:40 pm
Re: I Don't Care Much For Cats
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
but BPB JR loves them and so I got him one today from the shelter. Since squinney and I separated Stephen is alone a lot more than I'd like while I'm working and I'm hoping the cat will keep him company, and also help him advance n responsibility.

I:

Hello, but from this post it seems that

1. Your wife and you separated, and
2. You have a person named Stephen in your charge, and he's either too young or too old or otherwise incapable of looking after himself, let alone an animal, and
3. You're hardly ever around to look after either Stephen or the kittycat, so,

Have you thought this adoption through? I understand you want to do the best for all involved and hope you'll think it over some more. Best of luck Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 07:22 pm
Dear ex throbber, why do you torture cats?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 07:35 pm
High Seas wrote:
2. You have a person named Stephen in your charge, and he's either too young or too old or otherwise incapable of looking after himself, let alone an animal
How did you reach this conclusion from what was in the original post?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 07:42 pm
Cause he's a pussy freak?

Laughing

High Seas - Stephen is his son, aged 25. Special needs, but able to be alone for some period of time without incidence.

He loves cats. He stopped by today to show me a picture of his new cat that he had taken on his cell phone during their introductory visit. He's very happy about having a companion. He'll take good care of the cat. The cat will provide him some love and comfort, and vice-versa.

I'm glad Bear made this decision for Stephen.

It'll be okay.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 08:45 pm
High Seas wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I:

2. You have a person named Stephen in your charge, and he's either too young or too old or otherwise incapable of looking after himself, let alone an animal, and

Have you thought this adoption through? I understand you want to do the best for all involved and hope you'll think it over some more. Best of luck Smile

don't quit your day gig to become a detective...
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 08:50 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
High Seas wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

I:

don't quit your day gig to become a detective...

Simply amazing! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 08:58 pm
Stinky votes for Stephen...

(cats are cool)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 07:12 am
Parenthood has many dimensions. Some of them include litter boxes.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 08:43 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Parenthood has many dimensions. Some of them include litter boxes.

Can we make it an alternate dimension? Please?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 08:52 am
Well I have a back up plan if Sonny doesn't work out.... I have a Korean butcher friend...

[size=7](i only saqd that to give high seas a stroke)[/size]
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 09:42 am
Bear
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Well I have a back up plan if Sonny doesn't work out.... I have a Korean butcher friend...
[size=7](i only saqd that to give high seas a stroke)[/size]

http://guy-sports.com/fun_pictures/cats_playing.jpg
0 Replies

Gelisgesti

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:22 am
http://www.visualjokes.com/pics/catcar.jpg

HOW TO GIVE YOUR CAT A PILL
IN TWENTY EASY STEPS

1. Sit on sofa. Pick up cat and cradle it in the crook of your elbow as though you were going to give a bottle to a baby. Talk softly to it.

2. With right hand, position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. (be patient) As cat opens mouth pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow. Drop pill into mouth. Let go of cat, noticing the direction it runs.

3. Pick the pill up off the floor and go get the cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process. Sit on floor in kitchen, wrap arm around cat as before, drop pill in mouth. Let go of cat, noticing the direction it runs.

4. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away. Scoot across floor to pick up pill, and go find the cat. Bring it back into the kitchen. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten. Drop pill into mouth.

5. Pry claws from back legs out of your arm. Go get the cat, pick up half-dissolved pill from floor and drop it into garbage can.

6. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of closet. Call spouse from backyard. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rod, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered Doulton figures from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8. Get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink glass of water to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with rubber band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put door back on hinges. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Throw T-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12. Call fire department to retrieve cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take another pill from foil wrap.

13. Tie cat's front paws to rear paws with garden twine and bind tightly to leg of dining table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed, force cat's mouth open with small spanner. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of fillet steak. Hold head vertically and pour one cup of water down throat to wash pill down.

14. Get spouse to drive you to the emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call at furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15. Get last pill from bottle. Go into bathroom and get a fluffy towel. Stay in the bathroom with the cat, and close the door.

16. Sit on bathroom floor, wrap towel around kitty, leaving only his head exposed. Cradle kitty in the crook of your arm, and pick up pill off of counter.

17. Retrieve cat from top of shower door (you didn't know that cats can jump 5 feet straight up in the air, did you?), and wrap towel around it a little tighter, making sure its paws can't come out this time. With fingers at either side of its jaw, pry it open and pop pill into mouth. Quickly close mouth (his, not yours).

18. Sit on floor with cat in your lap, stroking it under the chin and talking gently to it for at least a half hour, while the pill dissolves.

19. Unwrap towel, open bathroom door. Wash off scratches in warm soapy water, comb your hair, and go find something to occupy your time for 7-1/2 hours.

20. Arrange for SPCA to get cat and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:30 am
since our MAine Coon cats are real pushovers. They take their pills as long as theyre slathered in this laxatone crap thats in a tude. Our cats will ru all up and down your body to get at that stuff. They love it and will eat it like dessert.

Bear, you are no longer a cat hater, cats teach you that the world doesnt revolve around you, it revolves around them. people who hate cats are like the assholes in this clipbad day
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:49 am
Laughing

The guy photocopying the computer monitor is the best..
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 11:59 am
farmerman Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 04:37 pm
farmerman wrote:
since our MAine Coon cats are real pushovers.

Do Maine Coons get on well with other cats? We got ragdoll who needs a big friend.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 05:11 pm
http://www.offthemark.com/Images/cats/cat01.gif
0 Replies