Can anyone get this one??

TeaseMe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 07:50 pm
A guy sets his alarm clock for 8am the next morning for work and places it back on his bedside table, doesn't hear it go off and he's late for work, after work he again sets his alarm for 8am the following morning and again places it back on his bedside table yet it doesnt wake him and he's late for work again, for a different reason to the morning before..... he's been in the same apartment by himself from the time he's set his alarm till the time he wakes..... why didnt his alarm wake him either morning??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,148 • Replies: 16
No top replies

thoh13

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 08:09 pm
maybe hes a very heavy sleeper
maybe he sets it for 8pm instead
maybe it ran out of batteries
maybe hes deaf
0 Replies

TeaseMe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 08:44 pm
if it was set for 8pm it wouldnt have gone off... if he was deaf why would he set an alarm? if it had ran out of batteries why did he have to set it again for the next morning???
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 08:47 pm
He set the alarm on his bedside table and then fell asleep on the couch.
0 Replies

TeaseMe

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 08:49 pm
for 2 different reasons...
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 08:59 pm
Its an electric clock radio.

The power went off.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 09:47 pm
And the next night he walked in his sleep and woke up in the tub.
0 Replies

markr

Reply Mon 18 Feb, 2008 12:42 am
He wakes up and leaves before 8:00 both mornings. However, different circumstances (unrelated to the alarm) cause him to be late each morning.
0 Replies

TeaseMe

Reply Tue 19 Feb, 2008 09:41 pm
MarkR your closest yet but unfortunately i forgot to mention he doesnt wake till after 8am both mornings.... and as for "dadpad" ... 2 reasons as to why he didnt wake....... oh and "parados"....... he wakes up both mornings in his bed with his clock on his bedside table still -.-
0 Replies

qwik1320

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 06:30 pm
The first night he set his clock radio to wake to the radio but the volume was turned too low to wake him. The second night he set the clock radio again (but did not change the volume figuring he just turned it off and fell back to sleep) but as a backup set his wind up alarm clock...but forgot to wind it.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 07:55 pm
The first night the alarm clock was broken and he didn't know. The second night he found out it was broken.

Rap
0 Replies

TeaseMe

Reply Wed 20 Feb, 2008 10:25 pm
ya'll getting close but his alarm goes off both mornings perfectly loud enough for it to wake him....
0 Replies

thoh13

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 01:38 am
he sleeps with ear plugs
0 Replies

markr

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 01:53 am
The first night is the night daylight savings time starts. Something wakes him up before the alarm goes off at 9:00 DST; so he doesn't hear the alarm, but he is still late for work.
0 Replies

markr

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 01:56 am
The second night he's in a different city in an earlier time zone. Again, he wakes up before the alarm goes off at 9:00 (new time zone), but is still late for work.
0 Replies

TeaseMe

Reply Thu 21 Feb, 2008 06:58 pm
Mark R your very very close... however.... he wakes up in the same apartment both mornings...... i'm not guna post on this topic anymore (*need to re-word the riddle*)
0 Replies

Mapu

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 12:00 am
The first time he set it for 8am "the next morning" and the current time was 1am, he went to sleep and didnt get woken up by the alarm because it was set for the next day's morning.

Now for the next time being late being for a different reason could be because he could have gotten caught in traffic, or his battery could have gone dead or anything unusal like that. But if it wasnt a different reason then the below scenario could justify why it happened again.

He get's home from work at 1am again and sets it for the "following morning" meaning the next day.

I hope my answer helped.
0 Replies