Systems that arent that you'd think would be

Busma

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 05:22 pm
I'll start off. Comment and add on.

What you are about to read will spark the brains that would bring about what could save money and lives.

If we've come along way with computer systems, then why arent there yet ones installed in automobiles, motorcycles, and trucks so that they can react with ones put on all the kinds of roads meant for those street legal vehicles in somehow (like on their street signs which would be read automatically by the vehicle) to make those street legal vehicles not go over the posted max speed limit?

The Max Regulator (which is what I choose to call it) should be only not to effect the speed of ambulances, fire trucks, and police vehicles. It should be a mandated thing installed throughout the country for all the other street legal vehicles.

This max regulator idea of mine, if put into being a computerized 'vehicle to street, road, ave, highway, freeway, and expressway' reactive system, would reduce speed tickets to a non-existence. It would also bring about a reduction in automobile accidents which should keep down car insurance one must pay anyway. And there wouldnt be any dangerous high speed chases for police to engage in by those in the regulated street legal vehicles.

So what do you think of this idea? Is this a good idea or not? If not, why not?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 509 • Replies: 1
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 17 Feb, 2008 11:21 pm
Trucks and buses in Australia have already have regulators installed.

The only downsides I can think of are

a) speeding fines are a source of income for some local jurisdictions

b) sometimes you need to speed, briefly, for example travelling behind a vehicle doing 95 in 110 zone and overtaking - if you were limited to 110 you spend a lot more time on the wrong side of the road increasing the chances of a head on.

I guess I could use the anti gun control rationale: if you make speeding cars illegal on criminals will have them.
0 Replies