Example for macro in mic. excell

Rutama

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 07:14 pm
Very Happy Hi all,
Wonder if one of you can help me about making project using macro in Microsoft Excel. Examples would be a necessary so I can learn it case by case Very Happy

Regards,
Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 691 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 02:04 am
What do you want to do?

Moving this to the computer forum.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 10:27 am
The easiest way to make a macro is to click on Tools (it's one of the menu choices at the top of the page in Excel) and then select "Record new macro". Then just do whatever it is you want the macro to do (e. g. sort, format text, whatever). Click on Options if you want the macro to be kept in a separate workbook (personally, I prefer just keeping all of the macros together in the same, separate workbook). Name it whatever you like, such as "formatting macro". Descriptive names are good so that you know what the macro does. When done, I believe all you have to do is click OK. Then, when you want to run it, click Tools, then select Macro. Select whichever macro you want from the list (these are the macros you've made) and click Run.
0 Replies

Rayvatrap

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 12:15 pm
Jespah, what if the macros you have created is just for a couple of steps on a book not larger than 12 rows and 7 columns and the book you are working on now is 10 times larger, will it work the same way?

I'm trying to fix a database for my boss - is all set up in a single column but he needs it to be spread out - so, he has a file with 5 fields in a column, he wants to change the file to 5 columns. I have try my best with the macro we created, we have created several new ones but every time we use it we loose info, please help Crying or Very sad !
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 29 Aug, 2007 05:01 pm
It should but there are macros which are more, hmm how can I explain this, more cel-specific, than others. But I think that's something you'd have to set.

Can you show the vb code? If you go to Tools>macro>macros then click the macro you want and select Step into, then just copy and paste what you see in a reply. It should look something like this:

Code:Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 8/29/2007 by jespah
'

'
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "l;;lkmnm"
Range("B7").Select
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "hgfghj"
Range("B11").Select
End Sub

That's just a nonsense macro where I typed some junk into a couple of cels, but if you copied it into the vb editor, you could run it.
0 Replies