New Puppy for the Glitterbags

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 08:02 pm
After mourning the loss of our beloved 14 year old Vizsla and 15 year old Springer, we took the plunge 4 weeks ago and brought home a Vizsla puppy. She is now 12 weeks old, sassy and loveable and mr glitterbag and myself keep pinching ourselves to make sure we are not dreaming. It's been a long time since we raised a young puppy and I forgot how hard it is to be consistant while dealing with a baby dog. But she is responding well to training and is so adorable I can't stand it. I'm hoping that the mr will let me have another dog in about 6 to 8 months......I like having two around the house. Viva la pups.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,808 • Replies: 63
No top replies

littlek

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 08:03 pm
Pictures! We must have pictures!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 08:11 pm
I have to figure out how to download the camera shots, but I think I can send the cell phone pictures, but also need to find out how to do that. Trust me, once I figure out how to send them, you all will be so annoyed, I will be like the world's worse grandmother peppering the forum with photos of little Sophie. When the puppy gets tired I like to say that Sophie's Tuckered, but it turns out that very few people have heard of Sophie Tucker.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 08:28 pm
Who?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 08:31 pm
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5b/Sophie_Tucker_NYWTS.jpg/746px-Sophie_Tucker_NYWTS.jpg
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 08:32 pm
er..............who?

(edit: I'm learning on Wiki)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 08:35 pm
Have a look
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 10:22 pm
Ooh, a new Vizsla puppy! what fun. They are wonderfully peppy and gangly.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 15 Feb, 2008 11:17 pm
pup's name?

good for you and your spouse to start again with another dog, remember for your sake as well hers she's not the dog you spent 14 years with so don't be full of expectations about her. she is yours to shape. and best wishes on your new friendship.

May the Biscuit be with you.

and yes, pix might do.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 12:26 am
Thank you all, we both realized that we would not get a clone. We were blessed to have Sadie and Chloe from a young age until the end, but now we have a brand new personality and it is just too much fun. She is smart, is training well, and is great company for me and the Mister. But both of us are softies when it comes to critters, and we are having a blast. She has already shown a streak of independence we didn't see in our old beloved Sadie, but we were not looking for a replacement we just wanted dogs back in the house. We are giddy with pleasure.....we love the animals.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 05:45 am
Glitterbag - Since you're having trouble uploading pics...

http://www.dogsincars.co.uk/dogs/IMG_8778_small.jpg

Which one does she look like?

(Congrats! )
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 07:35 am
Good!

Every family needs a dog in the wolf pack.

As for Sophie T.:

Quote:
My heart's sad and I am all forlorn, my man's treating me mean
I regret the day that I was born and that man of mine I've ever seen
Happiness, it never lasts a day, my heart is almost breaking while I say
A good man is hard to find, you always get the other kind
Just when you think that he is your pal, you look for him and find him fooling 'round some other gal
Then you rave, you even crave to see him laying in his grave
So, if your man is nice, take my advice and hug him in the morning, kiss him ev'ry night,
give him plenty lovin', treat him right
For a good man nowadays is hard to find, a good man nowadays is hard to find

She's a lucky girl.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 04:00 pm
Hi Squinney,
Love the trunk full of trouble, thanks for the photo. I think Sophie looks like the one 4th from the left.......and those puppies appear to be around 12 weeks old as well....I'm guessing.

I have been checking out YouTube for Vizsla videos and they can be pretty funny. I'll check to see if my favs are still recorded and post a link here.

We really are having the time of our life with this puppy. She is so vocal and makes the most unique sounds. If my husband picks her up while she is sleeping (usually on his lap) she doesn't move a muscle but groans in the most pathetic way. She isn't feeling discomfort, just trying to remind us we have a "star" in the house. And stars don't like to be disturbed. She's a trip, all 15 pounds of her.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 04:16 pm
Hopefully this is readable. Two Vizsla's gang up on owner. The two dogs are acting like Vizsla's normally do....everyday is a party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt-rRaV_nUU
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 04:19 pm
Why Vizsla's don't make good guard dogs!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYXDFr_zMXQ&feature=related
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 04:26 pm
Why you need to be a tad demented to enjoy these dogs!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnk1XrVTvMA&feature=related
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 04:37 pm
They like to be comfortable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alkbMJXCXV4&feature=related
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 04:38 pm
All those vizsla videos on youtube are great! Need lots of space and energy. They remind me of my sister's german shorthaired pointer puppy.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 04:47 pm
Hi little K, one of the vets at the practice here owns two german short haired pointers....i asked her about their temperament and she said they were more energetic than Vizslas......I didn't think that was possible but you can find a number of ways to tire out an energetic dog. She also refers to them as advanced owner dogs...which makes me laugh because they do present an array of challenges. Plus it doesn't help that they are usually smarter than we are, and yet they look so innocent.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 16 Feb, 2008 04:52 pm
Lucky for you they are less hyper than GSP! My puppy-niece turned all the gas stove jets on without flame AND the oven self-clean function. Damn near blew the house up. That was the day they bought her the crate.