"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Dutchy

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 03:51 pm
Proud to say I'm one of the original ANZAC's left try, I earned my VC at the battle of Lone Pine by capturing Kemal Ataturk. Lest we forget.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 04:00 pm
The Battle of Lone Pine, which took place during the Gallipoli campaign, was the only successful Australian attack against the Turkish trenches within the original perimeter of the ANZAC battlefield. They were very brave lads as it was all hand to hand fighting.

We should never forget!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 04:06 pm
That reminds me of the time I went to Macy's and there was a clearance sale and there were these two women at the same rack as me. I was looking for a size 6 and so were they so we were flipping through those things fast and furious and I kept moving over because the one on my left - who was quite obviously NOT a 6 kept pushing me. I finally pushed back and told her the XL sizes were on the other side she then threw a punch I ducked and she got the lady on the other side of me...I ducked under the rack and those two had it out...BUT I did come out victorious in that I got the CUTEST DKNY shirt and skort for like $15.00. Of course that's not war...and I really shouldn't have said that but heck...she started it.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 04:21 pm
You are my hero! Cool
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 04:24 pm
yep...I can see why - brave, kind Rolling Eyes ...pain in the butt! Laughing

I'll be back in a minute...I have to go get snacks for the kids.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 04:28 pm
You're no pain in the butt mismi, infact you're brave to even talk about your butt, you deserve a medal! Laughing

And talking about your ankle biters, is that all you feed them, snacks? Shocked
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 04:31 pm
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 04:33 pm
Same as a tricycle motor, I think...
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 04:34 pm
Are you telling me a smart girl like mismi doesn't know what I am talking about? Smile
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 04:36 pm
I feed them snacks after school. They finished their homework...going to have to run. Tricycle Motors! I haven't heard that one before...ankle biters, rug rats....heard those!

Dutchy. - you and my fat butt....for pete's sake! leave it alone! :wink: Laughing Razz
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 04:55 pm
I never heard "ankle biters" before -- that's cute. (I always called my children "screaming brats".)
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 09:36 pm
Say WandelJW do you believe in back biting children? Laughing
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 09:43 pm
I don't know, bigred. Children can be something. Three of my children are now in their twenties but I still worry about them.
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 09:55 pm
Yes I know what you mean Wandel, I miss the younger years. I dread the teenage years. They seem to be the most bothersome, and the most frightening. My soon to be 16 yearold asked if her boyfriend could stay over for the night of her 16th birthday party. I told her to just chase that thought from her mind Exclamation
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 10:23 pm
Hey Big Red, been there, done that, do you think it will make any difference? Think back when you were 16, what did you get up to, I didn't think anything of it at the time. Smile
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 10:29 pm
This is true But I am a guy not a gal and my daughter is just to dam young for a little one to be raising a little one. Laughing Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 06:24 am
Would just like to inform all you good folks that Izzie had her surgery yesterday, the operation took 3 hours and she was in lots of pain, but fortunately she is now through the worst and has got through it all. She wants you all to know she is OK. I'm sure you will all join me in wishing her a speedy recovery and support her over the next few months.
(This message reached me via her best friend Charlie)
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 06:42 am
Thank you very much for the news, Dutchy. I hope Izzie is comfortable and will recover soon.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 06:50 am
Will probably be in Hospital for another two days until the pain is under control, will let you know when she is home again.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 09:15 am
A great way to start the day with good news!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 02:21:16