"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Dutchy

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 08:46 pm
Good night Captain, see you tomorrow, sleep well. Should you want me just ring the ship's bell three times, I won't be far away. Smile
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 08:50 pm
Hi to rainmaker, sounding good. Smile

Izzieliz here are some of my paintings (sorry but you asked)

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/3097/thekisslg9.jpg
By deedeexx

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/5458/paintladybw5.jpg
By deedeexx

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3417/dsc2675gk6.jpg
By deedeexx

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1910/clippervs9.jpg
By deedeexx
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 08:57 pm
Wow ddxx you are quite an artist, I'll award you the Archibald Prize for the second painting, and buy the fourth one of you. Thank you for sharing them with the crew, much appreciated.

The Captain was tired tonight and went to her bunk only a few minutes ago, pity, she'll now won't see your masterpieces until late tonight our time. Did you get some rain?
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 09:12 pm
Good afternoon dutchy. No damn it no rain. Not expecting any now till Monday. How's your week end going?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 09:50 pm
Cruising along nicely ddxx, some nice rain but no where near enough, but the bulk is yet to come, so fingers crossed. In the process of marinating some King Prawns for tonights dinner, going out to some friends in the Hills, and we're bringging the entree. Smile
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 09:55 pm
Sounds yummy - hope you have a good night. Nice view at night from up in the hills?? Just staying in tonight but may go out for lunch tomorrow.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 10:02 pm
Coming out of the hills on a clear night the view of the City is spectacular, that won't be the case tonight though because of the low rain clouds and most likely mist. Talking about mist, the worst patch I have ever struck was up your way, between Bacchus Marsh and Melbourne. Smile
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 10:15 pm
deedeexx
What lovely paintings Very Happy
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 10:24 pm
Thank you TTH - how are you? I love painting in any medium and I particularly like "art deco" style. Gives me great satisfaction and real "me time". Been lucky enough to sell some to keep me going incentive wise.

Dutchy - yeah the fog in this area can get quite bad especially from here up to gisborne through the hills. Plus lots of kangaroos around so have to drive very very slow during these times.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 10:42 pm
My shoulder/arm still really hurts bad. Can't sleep well at night. Doctors just don't seem to understand. Oh well, I am hanging in there. I envy you because I can't draw. I can draw stick people Very Happy
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 10:54 pm
TTH - I am sorry about your arm - my hubby had a torn rotator cuff and had to have it operated on - is that your problem? He said it was the most paintful thing he has ever had and it used to keep awake with the pain. I feel sorry for you because if you can't sleep it really makes you miserable.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 10:59 pm
The surgeon said I stretched and damaged the tendons around the rotator cuff. I thought my lung surgeries were bad, at least that type of pain gets better everyday. This pain is unreal and I injured myself back in September.
It's miserable to say the least.
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 11:16 pm
OMG TTH - didn't realise what you have had done.

Do you like living in Washington?? Have you lived anywhere else?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 11:31 pm
WA is okay to live in. We have the ocean, lakes, skiing & mountains. It is a pleasant drive to Canada, Oregon, Idaho & Montana. Even Nevada is only 14 hours by car (I think). I usually fly.
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 12:35 am
Well TTH I guess it is just you and me still here. I am going to have to sign off - I hope you have a restfull night and the shoulder does not give you much grief. I am being summoned !!! So have to close for the night. We just had a few brief showers (not nearly enough to even water the garden) but its a start.

Enjoy the rest of your yabbering. Smile Smile
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 02:57 am
TTH Sorry to hear about your problems. I hope it is mended quick and then the healing can start. Thinking of you and sending healing thoughtsX
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 05:05 am
GoodMooooooorning Crew

Fab to see the crew onboard throughout the nite, especially our TTHun. So sorry the pain is still so bad - I hope you will be able to enjoy your hol. Well done with everything else you are accomplishing hun. Be very proud of yourself.

Our Rainkeeper was onboard too which was lovely to see - and joined by Indeedee.

OMGosh - Indeedee your "works of art" are fantastic. Very Happy I am so completely in awe of your talent. Just amazing. I would so love to see them for real - and touch / feel them… Now I could go on for ages Rolling Eyes …. but I wont do that here…. Girl - you really are incredibly talented. You must get so much pleasure from being able to visualise and then paint that vision. BUT - I wanted you to know I just showed my little fella - he looked at the first one and said "no? did your friend paint that?" Shocked then the second "Oh, I love that one Mom", the third "Man" and then the ship "WOW Mom - that's how I wanna paint" Razz

So - hey, who needs an art critique when you have the little fellas seal of approval a? We are both gobsmacked ( <------- that's a good gobsmacked!) Love them girlie - any chance of seeing some more????????

Hope BEAgle you are having a nice time at dinner and the prawns were delish. Certain they would have been.

Morning WW - thinking of you hun - Texas Bubba here later so if you wanna pop over give me a shout.

Missy - hope J-boy is doing better today and that you had a big sleep last nite.

Lovin the crew - have great weekends xxxx Very Happy

(hey - our ship had been painted by our OzyGal before we even came onboard - HOW HAPPY IS THAT A?!)
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 05:24 am
TTH sorry to hear abt your arm. Get well soon dear. Sending prayers your way.
Again sneaking in to see how ye all doing.

I lost my mom in ths date - 26th april..19 years before..1989...not tht now much of a pain lingers, time is a good healer. But feel sorry for my dad who lives far from my place. I think his pain is increasing with time as he grows old, hes probably realizing the loneliness.. not a good topic to come up with..but somehow cudnt spill it to anyone around here..there isnt a tomb i can go keep flowers and grieve. Cremation is the ritual here.

well sorry for spoiling th mood here..hope alls well here and wats all ths roaring twenties party? am sorry..i dunno nything abt tht..the Beagle told me i was to dress up?? wat else is there on the cards?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 05:39 am
Oh Little Vegemite - you are not spoiling the mood here - I am so glad you feel you could come talk to us. I'm sorry for your loss hun - it is a long time - and time eases the pain you felt - but the loss is still there hunni and we understand that. Thinking of you and sending love and prayers to you and yours.

It's so good to see you - and I hope you'll be able to find a fantastic Roaring Twenties dress for the party on Wednesday. You will, as always, look truly stunning in whatever you are wearing - so - hope you'll be able to make it. The ship will be transformed in "Cagneys" and "Lacies" (k - well, flappers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Be lovely if you could send us some more pics of where you are and your world vegemite - it's fascinating to see how our crew live and "God's Country" looks a remarkable place.

Will be on and off the ship today as I have visitors - but so glad that I saw you. Take care little one and ((((((((((((((((((((VBV))))))))))))))))))))hugging you so big. xxxxxx
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 06:44 am
Good Morning Izzie, VBV, TTH...How are you this morning?
I am fine! Slept so good...I am up getting ready for Mom and Dad....
J. is good as new. No one else has gotten sick, though we are not out of the danger zone yet, Pistol is ifne and dandy. All in all I consider myself blessed! We have games this afternoon so I am gearing up for those as well.

Going to clean the guest bedroom...truly looks like a disaster area. I will see you all later!

Dutchy, DeeDee...hope you rest well!

Hugs,
Missy
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/16/2024 at 02:10:29