"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 24 Nov, 2015 08:21 pm
@glitterbag,
Thanks Glitter xx
vonny

Reply Wed 25 Nov, 2015 01:53 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
You made a beautiful bride, Foundy - and D looked pretty dashing too!
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 02:43 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Im still clueless as to HOW u manage to look sso young and beautiful! i even researched on articles ..u know? to understand how to stay young and beautiful! God Bless! you both make one lovvvvely pair!
Dad's hanging in there..the bed sores are kind of settling down..think another 10 days would help and he is sitting for 15 mins a day...once the pressure sores cure, if he manages to sit well, going to ask the doc to take off the feed tube to be able to feed him as he is craving for food! Gets a lot inbetween when his dementia gets the better of him and he starts pulling off all the chords..but yea he is hanging in there!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2015 02:48 pm
@verbivore,
You saying I'm OLD? Wink

Just kidding, honestly Australians don't age well, I'm waiting for it, it's starting Smile I'm hopeful the Spanish and Irish blood in me continues.

I hope "YOU" are hanging in there, it's difficult to watch someone you love having difficulties, hope the bed sores heal fast and Dad re-commences eating x
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 10:50 pm
@verbivore,
Glad to hear he is hanging in there. It doesn't sound easy though. Keep us updated Verbs. I am so sorry you are having to deal with that. It is so har when parents are sick. Dad's bouts with cancer over the last 7 years have shown me that. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 10:51 pm
@Tryagain,
Quote:
Thoughts of Missmi
By Ben Dover (am-pm)
Engleash translation by T.R. Yagain

Let's sin
On a tiger skin
Or, if you prefer
We could err
On a different fur…

Good gravy.

Tiger Skin sounds good.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 10:54 pm
@verbivore,
Verby, is Eby ok with the rain?
mismi

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 11:01 pm
@ehBeth,
She posted on FB to say he called and is ok.

Sounds like a mess down there. Thoughts and prayers there too. Wowzers.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Dec, 2015 11:07 pm
@mismi,
Some folks from the company that does a lot of our phone support are stuck in random places around Chennai. Scary. Lots of FB posts with people offering sleeping mats and space for the stranded.
mismi

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 01:40 pm
@ehBeth,
So scary. Hope they find a safe dry place.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 02:44 pm
@mismi,
Wow.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-04/india-army-on-war-footing-to-rescue-survivors-of-flooding/7000222

Quote:
More rainfall to come; city remains on edge
The Indian military has evacuated more than 2,000 residents stranded in the southern state of Tamil Nadu as the death toll from flooding rose to 269 after the heaviest rain in over a century.

Quote:
Soldiers set up 25 temporary shelters and community kitchens and installed portable toilets.

"We will have to resurrect an entire city," said Abhijit Shaw, an army officer who was setting up a makeshift maternity ward in a government building.

Floods cut off more than three million people from basic services and hampered rescue efforts by the army, which has so far evacuated 18,000 people from rooftops and outlying villages.

City authorities were deploying bulldozers and bags of concrete to repair collapsed roads and bridges.

Sending positive vibes !
ehBeth

Reply Thu 3 Dec, 2015 04:03 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Disturbing that we get so little news of these really significant events.

Sending good wishes to all our friends and their friends and family in the region impacted by the floods.
verbivore

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 06:44 pm
@ehBeth,
im surprised to see that you guys even heard about the floods! Yes eby is safe. He came come friday..but returned today..despite me begging him not to. Apparently offices have started 'functioning'. His area was ok and he was in first floor of a building and dint step out. Had food supplies stocked and water and some cash beforehand.. foreseing the situation..
But there are many people who were affected really bad. With the support thats flowing in from all places.i hope things will be restored
ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2015 06:51 pm
@verbivore,
So glad to hear Eby is safe.

0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2015 06:03 pm
@verbivore,
I am glad to hear this as well Verbs. So sorry that you are having to be without him during this time. Thoughts are with you and him and sweet little H. How are YOU doing? Your Dad?

Hugs,
mis
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 9 Dec, 2015 02:27 am
@verbivore,
Well no, we were worried, we looked it up! That and I have a daughter and Son in India! x

It's so horrible, so many things happening in your life, chin up sweetheart, seriously, things have to get better glad that Eby is safe and home with you... TAKE A BATH or something, candles and stuff. Time out for you.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 12:13 pm
@ehBeth,
I visited Chennai when I did a South India tour some years ago. I think there's a French quarter there, but my memory seems to fade.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 03:53 am
Holiday Greetings dear friends and as you may know I have been on a lonely vigil as I struggle to understand God’s Word, in the account of the Noachian Flood, when Noah was commanded to take "seven each of every clean animal" (Genesis 7:2… I thought they went in two by two!

When he and his family were back on dry land, Noah "took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar" (Genesis 8:20). This suggests that these laws were known and practiced before the Flood—even from the earliest days of mankind (compare Genesis 4:4, Abel's acceptable offering). Since there were no Jews or Israelites then—not even any Hebrews—these laws are obviously for all humankind.

Genesis 9:3 God says to Noah, "Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. I have given you all things, even as the green herbs." Some take this to mean that God gives man carte blanche authority to eat any kind of animal. But is this what God said?

This does not give us permission to do as we please!

Leviticus 11 and Deuteronomy 14 contain God's commandment to Israel concerning clean and unclean meats. In these passages, either He lists specific animals that are clean or unclean or He provides us with instructions about how to determine if an animal is clean or unclean. For instance, He tells us specifically that the camel, the hyrax (rock badger), the hare, and the swine are unclean (Leviticus 11:4-8), but regarding fish He instructs us to determine if a species possesses both fins and scales (verse 9). He fails to mention crawdads or
Vultures which can consume 59 times the amount of botulin, the neurotoxin that causes botulism, that it would take to kill a man. Pigs are scavengers that will eat anything, and if pork is not fully cooked to kill the Trichinella spiralis in it, it can destroy a person's health or even kill them.

So henceforth I will refrain and renounce Vulture cutlets and pork and stick to hamburgers and crawdads and be righteous.

May I also take this opportunity to wish our Captin Izzie a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY health and happiness. x

Hugs to Found Soul for her amazing voice as she sang at her wedding, it brought tears to my eyes. (((FS)))

Hallelujah Mismi, keep that candle burning in your heart… or at least next to the rug! (((Mis)))

And congratulations to Izzy who has I believe finally finished his literary masterpiece; a most interesting and enthralling read.

Happy Holidays to y’all.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 04:18 pm
@Tryagain,
IZZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Darling!!! And to our friend xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wishing you everything I can muster up ! much love.

Try ! Thank you Smile And aweeeeeeeee

http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx195/skez520mia/HAPPY%20BIRTHDAY/happy-birthday-catherine-macbrideZer0.jpg
Izzie

Reply Wed 23 Dec, 2015 04:57 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Thank you FS... (So smiling... I had those candles!!!!)

Yep... Well, I did say we had tears in eyes! Razz

Have had the most amazing day. THANK YOU Very Happy

(((((Blue)))) ILU Massive. Y'all be safe and well xxxx

Thinking of our Danny Boy... His birthday would be tomorrow... Miss him so much X

((((((((((((((((CREW))))))))))))))))x

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 06:01:09