"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

mismi

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 06:14 pm
Gah I miss y'all. Thoughts are with you Annis. Tell Izzie that I love her and miss her too.

Sad missing my Yabber buds.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 Nov, 2014 06:19 pm
@annis,
Thanks, Annis. Take care of yourself, eeek! (verbal hug to Iz!))

Sorrow re your doggie. Good to hear about the little girl dog though.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 15 Nov, 2014 05:21 am
@mismi,
How are you keeping mismi? Haven't seen much of you lately. Hope all is well with you and your family. Very Happy
mismi

Reply Sun 16 Nov, 2014 03:20 pm
@vonny,
Hi Vonny! I am doing well. With work and the twin teenagers I am all over the place right now. We have competitions just about every weekend and then there is the holiday season looming large! But we are all well and happy here. I miss you all!

How are you doing Vonny?
vonny

Reply Mon 17 Nov, 2014 05:07 am
@mismi,
I'm fine thanks - all the better for hearing from you - missed your posts on Yabber-Liner, it's been far too quiet lately. But great to hear that you are well and happy, and enjoying life with the twins (exhausting though that may be Laughing ).

Stay well.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 07:39 am
A day off. A million things to do. Can not mulch the leaves through four inches of snow. Who has their christmas lights up? Good soup weather, but, no raw pork neck bones near me. Just a quick ramble to send warmth to all here.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 01:59 pm
@alex240101,
Then sending some lights back at you alex and to all the (((crew))).. Hoping it sparkles the light of wellness, for those here, not, well...................

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/001.jpg
vonny

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 02:29 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
No Christmas lights up yet - but your sparkly post has actually made me think about Christmas decorations. Probably the same as last year - pretty predictable - with a tall and slender tree in black, decorated with silver and crystal. Pretty though - plenty of sparkle, especially by candlelight.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_g8g6hwQZnCg/SxSSkUk9mTI/AAAAAAAAAMU/BeHNr05k7BE/s640/Blog7-Nieman+Marcus.jpg
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 02:51 pm
@vonny,
Different like me then Von Smile

This is our Christmas tree in our lounge-room just put up two days ago, there is rustic silver tinsel on the foot of the tree.. and symbols of birds, given I feed the little buggers and they deserve a mention Smile

We still have a "normal" Christmas tree that we will put outside for Christmas Day with other decorations and trimmings for the "kids" ... 22 for lunch 11 for dinner (ouch) my head thinking about all of that ...

vonny

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2014 03:32 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Can't you take them to the beach and let them have a barbecue? Whilst in the UK we shiver next to our inadequate central heating! Twisted Evil
verbivore

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 02:43 am
@vonny,
hiya all..good to see that xmas fever has caught up early here..
vonny

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 02:51 pm
@verbivore,
Hi verbivore, nice to see you here. Yes, Christmas is coming closer and people are starting to panic - what to buy, what to arrange, what to wear ... I'm totally unprepared except for Christmas cards and decorations - next step will be listing Christmas card recipients and addressing envelopes! Have you done anything towards it yet?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 03:03 pm
@verbivore,
Ah it's nice to give something "nice" to (((Izzie))) when she finally feels up to putting up her own pictures... Nothing better huh..Smile

Von - I "wish" the beach is 5 minutes away but there's no Christmas tree Smile
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 03:46 pm
@vonny,
I do a lot of car boot sales, and have got pretty much all my Christmas presents on the cheap. I've got some good stuff too.

This costs £15 on the M&S site.

http://asset2.marksandspencer.com/is/image/mands/RC_07_T20_6155A_NC_SP14_EC_0?$PLP_PRODUCT_IMAGE$

You can get something very similar at a bootie for £1 or £2, even less, I got one set, perfumed candle, bubble bath and soap for 50p.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 05:16 pm
No hables a menos que puedas mejorar el silencio is not a sentiment I subscribe to.

So I would like to apologize for any linguistic malfunction when I said I was wearing my Burqa like a crown at the Buraq Wall which you gentiles may know as the Western Wall, or perhaps the Wailling Wall on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem… I of course meant Berakhah and sincerely regret the unintended ideological consequences.

Only the French could invent post-structuralism to denote the heterogeneous works that exposed my latent Francophobia!

My only excuse is the move from a structuralist account in which capital is understood to structure social relations in relatively homologous ways to a view of hegemony in which power relations are subject to repetition, convergence, and rearticulation brought the question of temporality into the thinking of structure, and marked a shift from a form of Althusserian theory that takes structural totalities as theoretical objects to one in which the insights into the contingent possibility of structure inaugurate a renewed conception of hegemony as bound up with the contingent sites and strategies of the rearticulation of power.

Matthew 22:
39 And Love your neighbor as yourself.

Anybody live next door to 2207 Broadway (Full block between 78th & 79th Streets, Broadway and West End Avenue)? Just hoping!

Greetings dwellers of The Mappa Mundi. Earth is the only planet whose English name does not derive from Greek/Roman mythology; but I guess y’all knew that! So what’s the skinny on howz y’all adoin’?

What I hear on the grapevine is:

Mz Izzie is recovering well from her malady of discontent and I am sure chocolate is a remedy for dysorexy. May your health continue to improve apace.

Tulip, I am so sorry for the loss of your dawg, but glad you will find comfort in the paws of another. I hope you have fully recovered from the ‘Michelin Man’ syndrome; another reason to despise the French… However their slogan: nunc est bibendum is one of life’s little pleasures.

Izzy, you have a preconscious talent for storytelling and I am much taken by your latest venture after enjoying your first book and wish you every success in a future publication.

Sweet Missy, may I also wish you God speed in your new venture; but beware of Matthew 21:12. BTW do they work?... and walk don’t run (especially with scissors). Keep that candle burning so I can be guided by the light.

Beth, you have a heart of gold; wrap up warm in the snow.

Osso, so good to see you aboard, I am so glad your eyes are better and I do so enjoy your take on matters. You take good care of yourself.

FS. How are you doin’ girly? I know you are working too hard and I hope you are not using drones’ to take pictures of properties like the company that caught a girl sunbathing topless for their brochure!!!

Hi Verby, how are your plans to come out into the land of milk and honey?
Well, if you can’t make it to the Land of Israel, you can always go to Australia.

Dear Vonny, I hope your health is giving you no cause for concern and your new bathroom is making life easier. I hope you are right about Spendi and he makes a swift return to the fold.

Stormy, keep up the good work (someone has to do it) and congratulations on the achievements of your children. I hope you don’t get snowed in this year.

Alex you old dawg, long time no see, how have you been doing; do you still ride your motorbike?

Also please join with me and wish our benefactor who is so in love, the very, very best wishes for the happy couple.

To each and all; if global warming prevents my return this year…

May I wish y’all a very happy holiday celebration and a healthy and prosperous New Year. It has been a pleasure to visit with y’all. x

mismi

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 05:38 pm
Quote:
I'm fine thanks - all the better for hearing from you - missed your posts on Yabber-Liner, it's been far too quiet lately. But great to hear that you are well and happy, and enjoying life with the twins (exhausting though that may be Laughing ).

Stay well.

Ah good! Glad you are doing well. I know it is quiet here Sad I need to stick my head in here more often than I have been lately. If I don't see anything new on " My Tags" I don't always post. I should do better. Wink (((Vonny)))

0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2014 05:43 pm
@Tryagain,
Quote:

Sweet Missy, may I also wish you God speed in your new venture; but beware of Matthew 21:12. BTW do they work?... and walk don’t run (especially with scissors).

I am not a money changer, you ass. Gah I miss you. But I am trying to make money by selling something I find works well for me...and anyway - how do you know that creeper? You freak me out. [edit - ohhhhhhhhhhh - I know now. Wink ]

Quote:
Keep that candle burning so I can be guided by the light

Big smooch right on the lips.
(((Try)))

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 03:16 am
@Tryagain,
Thank you very much, you've put a smile on my face.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 02:46 pm
@Tryagain,
Quote:
No hables a menos que puedas mejorar el silencio is not a sentiment I subscribe to.

Don't speak unless you can improve the silence.

But you did improve the silence Smile

Good morning (((Try)))

I'm doing good! Thanks for asking, hope you are as well... Ha. Imagine that, a topless woman on a brochure of one of my homes, if that news went out there, I think the women would slap me Smile

I'll relax around about Christmas time don't you worry!! And ya better come back before NY, too early to wish us that...

0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 02:53 pm
@Tryagain,
Hi, Tryagain,

Quote:
Dear Vonny, I hope your health is giving you no cause for concern and your new bathroom is making life easier. I hope you are right about Spendi and he makes a swift return to the fold.

I think a lot of people are missing Spendi - I look for his posts every time I log on to A2K.

Doing fine healthwise, thank you - and the bathroom conversion is wonderful, such a huge improvement in so many ways. The next home improvement on the agenda is window replacement - strewth, double glazing at last! But why did we decide to go ahead in winter - brrrrr?! This weekend is going to be a chilly one.

You don't appear often enough - your posts light up Yabber-Liner - please don't be a stranger. Very Happy
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 01:30:46