"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 12:54 pm
@annis,
I fell in love with Cuba on my first visit in May of last year. Since then, I visited again in October, then again this year in June. I'm planning to return to Cuba at least once-a-year with my friend. While in Cuba last month, I told my friend my travel days will be less, but he tells me I still have 20 years of travel left in me - and I'm now 77 years old! Mr. Green

I have several friends in Cuba now, and I know with future visits I will meet more.

This is Ceasar at the Japanese restaurant at the Melia Havana hotel. This was the third time he was our waiter.
http://i45.tinypic.com/2w6xyft.jpg
spendius

Reply Wed 18 Jul, 2012 01:13 pm
@izzythepush,
I have a cake production system izzy that partakes of witchery. It's all I can do to pretend I'm not enraptured by it.
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 05:12 am
Look what H boy wants for his next birthday....

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af138/barrythemod/To%20Forward/523778_10151282646877589_31700534_n.jpg
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 05:22 am
@Barry The Mod,
lols.. Off course, boys with their toys Wink
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 11:16 am
Oh Missy, gallstones in the moonlight; how utterly tragically romantic.
You are in my prayers, oh, and I wish you a speedy recovery as well.

Thanks’ for the heads up JPB; was that the occasion JW suffered his fedora malfunction?

It is very interesting that Cuba gained formal independence from the U.S. on May 20, 1902, as the Republic of Cuba. Under Cuba's new constitution, the U.S. retained the right to intervene in Cuban affairs and to supervise its finances and foreign relations.

Under the Platt Amendment, Cuba signed the Cuban-American Treaty (1903), perpetually leasing away the land rights to Guantánamo Bay. Although I would not recommend that as a vacation destination.

Hug’s n’all y’all.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 19 Jul, 2012 03:12 pm
@Tryagain,
Guantánamo Bay is probably off limits anyways, but the rest of Cuba is a fascinating country with their history, architecture, clubs, restaurants, great hotels, great food, good drinks, and the people of Cuba. Besides that, one can meet visitors from around the world, and even from the US; since Obama's "People to People" themed tours from American tour companies who are required to get a license from the Treasury Department, more Americans are getting a psuedo intro to Cuba.

We even saw Susan Sarandon and Wade Boggs during our visit last month.

0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 03:07 am

Thinking about Captain Iz today, and hoping she is well.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 10:22 am

Unfortunately my photography is not up to thread standards, but here are some of my planters today:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Tags1/IMG_0613.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Tags1/IMG_0612.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/Tags1/IMG_0606.jpg

I made them up rather late, and in my haste I think I put in too much fertiliser. So I've got plenty of growth, plenty of leaf but as yet not too many flowers.
That may improve.

spendius

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 11:07 am
@McTag,
They're lovely Mac.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 04:05 pm
@McTag,
I get inspiration from planting and creating, a real down time for me from work Smile

I love the way you've mixed variety into the baskets and the colours are beautiful.

We have something here called Miracle Grow, not sure if you can get it there? It's simular I guess to fertiliser, but everything just goes wild, reminds me to do this to mine tomorrow Smile
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Fri 20 Jul, 2012 04:43 pm
@McTag,
From someone who has seen your garden "in the flesh" McT,it's still looking good.
0 Replies

annis

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 11:10 am
@cicerone imposter,
Ci, I can understand the attration of Cuba! They are fantastic people but so poor! This time last year we were off on our holidays to Cuba! I would love to go again! The weather, the people, the environment, all of it was so unbelievable! They were so good to my children and me, in the hotel they remember our names and were very caring when my son got ill. Am soooo missing it! Good on you for returning! Would love to see the pics
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 21 Jul, 2012 11:33 am
@annis,
Here's my blogs on Cuba,www.travelpod.com/members/c.i.222.

I was there in May and October of last year, and in June of this year.

If you'd like to have any picture of Cuba, just let me know which one, the size (8.5x11 or 11x14) and send me your mailing address by PM.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 08:39 am
“I don’t think I’d make it to 22 years old!”

A line taken from ‘Hold On’ the first single by the world’s greatest new band – The Alabama Shakes.

And guess what; they iz hailin’ from Athens. That is Athens, Alabama, located in the south eastern region of these here United States. Remember, you herd it here foist. Sorry, New York heard it foist.

The real good news iz; I do believe captain Izzie was spotted with Elvis at the concert.

At this time I cannot confirm Missy has joined the Rolling Stones, but personally I think she should listen to Bob Dylan. Take it away Bubba……

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ykWgz54NQig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/ykWgz54NQig

They'll stone you when you're trying to be so good
They'll stone you just like they said they would
They'll stone you when you're trying to go home
They'll stone you when you're there all alone
But I would not feel so all alone
Everybody must get stoned

They'll stone you when you're walking on the street
They'll stone you when you're trying to keep your seat
They'll stone you when your walking on the floor
They'll stone you when your walking to the door

They'll stone you when you're at the breakfast table
They'll stone you when you are young and able
They'll stone you when you're trying to make a buck
They'll stone you and then they'll say good luck

Well They'll stone you and say that it's the end
They'll stone you and then they'll come back again
They'll stone you when you're riding in your car
They'll stone you when you're playing you guitar
Yes But I would not feel so all alone
Alright

Well They'll stone you when you are all alone
They'll stone you when you are walking home
They'll stone you and then say they're all brave
They'll stone you when you're send down in your grave
Everybody must get stoned.

“I tell you,” he replied, “If they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”Luke 19:40

But catch a listen if you can and if the music is too loud; then you are too old!

I only mention this because it is the reason I was late returning from the bicentenary celebrations of the battle of Salamanca, where the great Zorro helped the British to beat the dastardly French in the rolling hills of Castile-Leon in Western Spain; thus enabling Walt Disney to commemorate the battle in the swashbuckling adventure, The Mask of Zorro, in which his buckle was well and truly swatched.

Nice record CI, reading along is like being there with you; it makes the vacation a lasting event and not a fleeting moment. Thank you for sharing.

My front and back yards could do with a makeover next year.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Garden-1.jpg

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Deck.jpg

Have a good week crew and may you prosper in all that you do, wherever you turn.

As fer me; Ima going to the State of Idaho, where they have just dun banned the sale of 5 Wives Vodka !

Dam, it’s gettin’ so a Mormron kant have a tipple wid hes wifes no more – this ain’t the end!

mismi

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 05:55 pm
@Tryagain,
(((TRYAGAIN)))

I love that song.

I have lost my stones.
Passed them I did (so not lady like to talk about - appalling I am)

The tiniest little things you ever saw. I am a big weeny when it comes to pain apparently. I already knew that though. 7mm is really itty bitty. They kept saying large - and when I saw them - well - it's laughable really.

These stones weren't crying out...but they sure made me. Dang.

Apparently the water here is full of calcium and lime because of all of the limestone...so - purified and filtered water for me. I do NOT want to hurt like that ever again.

I AM SO HAPPY NOT TO HURT ANYMORE! Very Happy

hugs you all

Dutchy

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 06:24 pm
@mismi,
Hi mismi, glad to hear you are recovered, keep it that way those stones are nasty business.

All eyes will be on England this week with the start of the Olympic Games in London. Wondering if the Captain will attend?

The Aussies want to do better than golfer Adam Scott, who was leading the British Open by 4 shots but choked over the last few holes to finish second.
mismi

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 06:52 pm
@Dutchy,
(((Dear Dutchy)))
Thank you dear.

I would love to go to the Olympic Games...so much fun.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2012 11:36 pm
@mismi,
Fantastic news. I'm glad you're better. I heard it can be agony.

Will you be making the stones into a set of earrings?
mismi

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 07:41 am
@izzythepush,
Thank you Izzy.
Nope. I hope never to see them ever again. Ever.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 24 Jul, 2012 08:17 am
@mismi,
I knew a bloke who kept his in a little glass jar, he never missed an opportunity to show them to people.

Maybe that says something about the difference between men and women.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 01:21:04